Why does the defense continue to get a pass?

Jrock

Our defense is 6th against the run and 8th in points allowed.

Their only knock that they are giving up passing yards but they are preventing teams from scoring so I'll live with it.

Well said. It could have been worse last week, and there are communication problems in the secondary. Graham is our best cover corner and needs to take out any other team's #1 WR. The only exception is Megatron. That's going to take Graham and McKelvin covering him all game. They should bracket him at the line of scrimmage like they did to Gonzalez for the Falcons two years ago. It was the only way to slow down a beast like that. Robey will have to play well for that game as he and Gilmore will need to cover Tate and Ebron.

I love how we've kept the points off the board. We also can make our defense look a lot better by winning the time of possession battle with a lot of running.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to give the Defense a pass but did anyone see all the HOLDING the Chargers were getting away with for 3 full Quarters of the game. Orhengerger was tackling Kyle & Dareus all day plus Dunlap was hugging Hughes so much that it looked like they were slow dancing. I watched the game twice and I must of seen at least 20 holding calls that weren't called. Especially on 3rd downs. The FIX was in...

Mof the Chargers oline were never called for holding the whole gm. Also every time we made a play on offense it seemed like it was called bk. Spiilers run play and Woods run and catch both calls took us out of scoring range and killed drives. Im just saying the spread opened at pk em abs went to Buff -2 all the money was on the Bills

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

True. Any coach will tell you this is a team sport. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

One part of the team scored 10 points, which part lost thee game? How many games do we win this year scoring 10? How many do we win allowing 20 points or less?

So far we are 2-0 scoring over 20, 2-1 allowing 20 or less. 0-1 scoring 20 or less. Its not rocket science.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Wow, you guys hate your team! Would love to have your defense!!!

WE LOVE OUR TEAM!

But we know our team. A 3-0 start was huge. The Defense allowed San Diego to score points on every possesion until early in the 4rth quarter. The offense was in reverse. We have a young QB, we havent seen a playoff game in 14 years. WE ARE HUNGRY!

I LOVE THE BILLS!

WE LOVE OUR TEAM!

But we know our team. A 3-0 start was huge. The Defense allowed San Diego to score points on every possesion until early in the 4rth quarter. The offense was in reverse. We have a young QB, we havent seen a playoff game in 14 years. WE ARE HUNGRY!

I LOVE THE BILLS!

29 teams are not undefeated. I think you'll be OK.

29 teams are not undefeated. I think you'll be OK.

Playing on the road against a great Defense

Playing on the road against a great Offense.

IN a blink of an eye, Bills can be 2-3!

This game in Houston is huge. Heading to Detroit with a 2 game losing streak wont be good!

Playing on the road against a great Defense

Playing on the road against a great Offense.

IN a blink of an eye, Bills can be 2-3!

This game in Houston is huge. Heading to Detroit with a 2 game losing streak wont be good!

I see. I actually watched the Lions-GB last week and Detroit's great offense must have taken the week off. GB's D is wretched and they scored 12 pts.

I see. I actually watched the Lions-GB last week and Detroit's great offense must have taken the week off. GB's D is wretched and they scored 12 pts.

Well, what do you think?

Can Bills sweep the 2 road games? I HOPE SO! If that happens, I will jizz in my pants!!!!!

Edited by PO'14

Nice bickering between offense and defense...BOTH WERE PUTRID LAST WEEK. Include the penalties and this was one ugly game!

You cant be putrid and only give up 20 points, especially on a day the offense is doing nothing. The game was in reach because the D started getting SD off the field. They also only gave up 2.3 yards per carry rushing. 20 points and 2.3 ypc is not putrid, especially vs an offense like that. Edited by TheTruthHurts

You cant be putrid and only give up 20 points, especially on a day the offense is doing nothing. The game was in reach because the D started getting SD off the field. They also only gave up 2.3 yards per carry rushing. 20 points and 2.3 ypc is not putrid, especially vs an offense like that.

The defense gave up 336 yards on the first 5 drives of the game that took 24 mins through the first 38 mins of the game. They couldn't get themselves off the field. The offense didn't help, but I think most fans knew the offense wasn't going to carry this team this year. If we're going to win, especially the first half of the year, the defense has got to be able to get themselves off the field. They can't give up that time of poss. on 5 drives. Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

The defense gave up 336 yards on the first 5 drives of the game that took 24 mins through the first 38 mins of the game. They couldn't get themselves off the field. The offense didn't help, but I think most fans knew the offense wasn't going to carry this team this year. If we're going to win, especially the first half of the year, the defense has got to be able to get themselves off the field. They can't give up that time of poss. on 5 drives.

Well said...sometimes I wonder if posters even watch the game?

8 minute drive for a TD after halftime by San Diego. But hey, we held them to blah blah blah blah :censored: