• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year's WR1 struggles to secure WR3 spot on another team

Last year's WR2 finds himself without a team 4 weeks into the season

Says something about our WR talent last year...

TJ was clearly a bust.

But Stevie ... I think we just got the best he had to offer and his best days are behind him. You don't get back to back 1K yard seasons, with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball, if you suck.

Last year's WR1 struggles to secure WR3 spot on another team

Last year's WR2 finds himself without a team 4 weeks into the season

Says something about our WR talent last year...

As well as our 28th ranked passing offense.

SJ13 just had a 100 yard game btw.

He doesn't need to make many plays. He needs to be covered down the field with help over the top. His skill set adds value. He helps open up the underneath stuff and aids in the running game. Nobody is signing TJ Graham to catch 100 balls. He will end up on a roster that lacks a speed guy to fill that void.

I have argued on this board (with little success) that he would help this team more than CH (especially with today's rules). If he made 6 plays this year down the field (4 catches and 2 PI penalties) he would be infinitely better IMO. If he could add 40+ yards once every 2.5 games that is a bigger contribution.

Damn, he sounds really good.

Damn, he sounds really good.

He has a role. The argument that some have made (me included) is to take a guy that can do one thing well over the guy that is below average at everything. For example, Marcus Easley can't do anything but play special teams. In that role he can help the team. I would much rather that at the bottom of the roster than a guy that is just a guy. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He doesn't need to make many plays. He needs to be covered down the field with help over the top. His skill set adds value. He helps open up the underneath stuff and aids in the running game. Nobody is signing TJ Graham to catch 100 balls. He will end up on a roster that lacks a speed guy to fill that void.

I have argued on this board (with little success) that he would help this team more than CH (especially with today's rules). If he made 6 plays this year down the field (4 catches and 2 PI penalties) he would be infinitely better IMO. If he could add 40+ yards once every 2.5 games that is a bigger contribution.

I know you know I'm right there with you.

TJ Graham would do more for this offense in 2014 than Goodwin will, simply because of Goodwin's seemingly inability to stay healthy.

I know you know I'm right there with you.

TJ Graham would do more for this offense in 2014 than Goodwin will, simply because of Goodwin's seemingly inability to stay healthy.

I don't disagree. Goodwin adds that dimension but he is small. People hate TJ because they wanted Russell Wilson (we all did). It is not Graham's fault that the Bills took him.

He is not good but he has an NFL skill that can help a team. So does Marcus Easley and Jordan Gay and Jerry Hughes for that matter. You need to assemble a roster of complimentary pieces and maybe Graham was a duplicate with Goodwin here. I still contest that he would have helped the team more than some people that made the roster for the reasons mentioned above. You don't need to keep a roster spot for a guy that will play if 3 guys get hurt. That spot should be for someone like Gay or Easley (or Graham) that can do something to help the team on a weekly basis.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The Titans may be the worse team in the NFL and he couldn't even make an active roster. He is not an NFL caliber player. Oh yea he's fast why don't we sign Usain Bolt, he's faster and bigger. Stop defending this Jabroni, move on like the Bills did. There's very few players that the Bills cut that ever become anything,

The Titans may be the worse team in the NFL and he couldn't even make an active roster. He is not an NFL caliber player. Oh yea he's fast why don't we sign Usain Bolt, he's faster and bigger. Stop defending this Jabroni, move on like the Bills did. There's very few players that the Bills cut that ever become anything,

I am guessing that this is directed at me. So you disagree with what I said? What have the other guys done to positively impact the team so far? If you go back through this week's All-22 review you will see Goodwin having the same impact. All that I ever said is that he could have impacted games with his speed for the reasons mentioned above.

I really am trying hard not to turn this into another "Kirby hates Hogan." Every time someone chimes in on the topic though I can't help but think "who would help the team more? Are people happy with what they have gotten from that position so far?" It just goes back to my general philosophy of keeping a skill that differentiates a player over keeping a guy that doesn't do something well. TJ could never be an every down player as they tried to turn him into but he could play 10 plays a game where he just runs over the top. At least he would help the team by opening things up underneath. As I said earlier in the thread if he made 4 deep catches and drew 2 PI penalties he would be impactful. If anyone wants to disagree I will listen but please don't just say "he stinks" or "he can't catch." Please formulate an opinion as to why they are better off at the bottom of the depth chart without him. If he can help the team more than 1 guy at that position it was a mistake. (This is déjà vu).

As an aside I thought that they should have tried to convert TJ to S like they did with George Wilson a while back.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Rotten pick. And we traded up to get him.

For the record, I was hammering home a point to draft Russell Wilson as high as second round. I am a Wisconsin fan, and I could see what was going on with that dude. I was pissed when Seattle took him.

I could see it when I was going to games at NC State. He's a gamer. No other way to put it.