What coaching call did you dislike during the Chargers game?

billsfan_34

How about go under center and have our 6'5' 245 lb QB push forward.

Overall, today was not a good day for Hackett. I didnt get the impression he had a good strategy to get his play makers open and in space. This is not all on Hackett, EJ looked young. Tip my cap to San Diego, I didnt think they were this good.

4th and 6 at the 47(?) and they took the holding during the return instead of the offsides which would have made it 4th and 1.

4 or 5 plays later, San Diego was at the 45. Good call guys.

Mostly the fact that EJ made 39 pass attempts, and the RB's only rushed 15 times. Spiller had 10 rushes, Jackson had 6, and although EJ threw it Sammy's way 8 times, he only caught 2.

For the love of god don't make the 2nd year QB throw it 39 times because the Bills get down by 7 points. The ball needs to be in Fred, CJ & Sammy's hands.

Then the defense, no blitzing until the 4th quarter from what I saw. Did Schwartz suddenly morph into Dave Wannstedt?

My least favorite play of the game was on 3rd down, and one. Hackett calls for a Spiller run up the middle. :censored:

Jim Schwartz is a stubborn man, and possibly a stubborn fool. His vanilla D got shredded by Rivers and he didn't adjust it until the fourth quarter. Pettine wouldn't have let Rivers sit back there comfortably all day. I'm worried about our D-coordinator, he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and he's wrong about that.

4th and 6 at the 47(?) and they took the holding during the return instead of the offsides which would have made it 4th and 1.

4 or 5 plays later, San Diego was at the 45. Good call guys.

this drove me nuts. this was absolutely Jauron-like. Once that decision was made, Marrone gave a huge vote of no confidence to his offense. Brutal.

Mostly the fact that EJ made 39 pass attempts, and the RB's only rushed 15 times. Spiller had 10 rushes, Jackson had 6, and although EJ threw it Sammy's way 8 times, he only caught 2.

For the love of god don't make the 2nd year QB throw it 39 times because the Bills get down by 7 points. The ball needs to be in Fred, CJ & Sammy's hands.

Then the defense, no blitzing until the 4th quarter from what I saw. Did Schwartz suddenly morph into Dave Wannstedt?

My least favorite play of the game was on 3rd down, and one. Hackett calls for a Spiller run up the middle. :censored:

Mine

Edited by BillsFan from Bflo

The Bills' OL isn't good enough to beat a a stacked box where the opponents are expecting a run into the line. IMO, a bootleg or play action pass would have been a better choice from the formation they were in.

I believe the play was called for Fred -who took himself off after getting a big hit. CJ ran in and right to Fred's spot for that play. A Time Out was in order at that moment, but Marrone 'obviously' prefers to take those to the locker room..

running a draw play out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1. Absolutely idiotic.

That's pretty much our bread and butter play. It seems we start most every drive conceding 1st down, because we run a play that gets us 2yds or less on average. The real problem is they then decide, "no way someone can stop our bread and butter!" and run it again on 2nd down just to prove that point. Only to set up the 3rd and long pass play, that is like a coin flip at this point.

Then we talk about players needing to execute, rather than coaches needing to realize what their players are good at executing.

Want to see good offensive play calling... watch the Seahawks game from yesterday. It's the very definition of coaching to your players strengths and putting them in position to succeed.