Former #1 Draft Pick to "Leader of the Charge" at RWS Sunday

r00tabaga

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JohnMurphyShow: Lee Evans Ready to “Lead the Charge” – JMS http://t.co/nHCa5AITkc

Are you kidding me??? Was JP Losman or Rob Johnson not available??

What an uninspiring choice. Lee Evans was the exact type of player the Whaley/Marrone regime has purged from the current roster. No leadership skills, no intensity, no winning attitude. What a drop off from Andre Reed last week.

What an uninspiring choice. Lee Evans was the exact type of player the Whaley/Marrone regime has purged from the current roster. No leadership skills, no intensity, no winning attitude. What a drop off from Andre Reed last week.

Ya know, I gotta agree. It's too soon to bring back any of the guys from the past decade of suckitude. I like Lee and all, but I want winners leading the charge right now.

In Lee's defense, he sure didn't have a chance to be a Bills great with the sh!++¥ QB's we had NOT throwing him the damn ball

It's disappointing that many in this thread denigrate Lee Evans. He was a great receiver stuck on a bad team with bad quarterbacking. Unfortunately, his final two seasons in Buffalo and Baltimore were below par, but he still put up some very impressive numbers.

Career stats for Lee Evans, Jerry Rice, and Andre Reed, catches, yds, avg, TD's, TD%

Evans 381 6008 15.8 83 11%

Rice 1549 22895 14.8 197 13%

Reed 951 13198 13.9 87 9%

As you can see, Lee had a higher YPC in 9 seasons than 2 HOF'ers, with a comparable TD%. Not his fault we had JP, Trentative, and Kelly Holcomb throwing the rock (was Shane Matthews in there?). Lee Evans deserves better from us as Bills fans.