How will Henderson hold up this week against Wake?

Bocephuz

Henderson was OK at RT last week against the Bears ... I think he's in for a tough day Sunday with Wake coming in. What does everyone else think?

From Pro Football Focus... Cameron Wake had the top overall performance in the league last week. This is pretty scary.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/09/10/top-10-performances-week-1

1. Cameron Wake, DE (MIA) +7.7

Simply destroyed one of the best right tackles around in Sebastian Vollmer on the way to seven Tom Brady disruptions including two strip-sacks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson is a rookie. I expect him to win some and lose some. Hopefully Henderson is watching a bunch of tape on himself and Wake and all the Phins DE's to see tendencies and thus prepare.

Henderson has all the talent to be a beast, but Oline is also a position that takes a lot of mental preparation to be great at.

If Henderson begins to struggle the coaches will need to give him a little help from a TE or RB 'chipping'.

I get so frustrated when i see a DE dominate an tackle and the coaches do nothing to help stop it. Gailey was notorious for this. It is like watching a pitcher getting shelled in baseball. Either pull the Lineman or give him some help...Or warm up your backup QB.

When Cameron Wake is back to form it doesn't matter who is on the other side of him.

The good news is the team saw Wake back to form and now can try to game plan for that force of nature.

Man I wish he was a Buffalo Bill.

Hopefully they can do some things scheme wise to somewhat slow him down. That should be the prime objective at One Bills Drive this week. Gotta get the running game going early ... can't let him tee off

This week and the game against the Texans (JJ Watt) are going to be real tests for the offensive line and Seantrel. I agree that we should expect to see some ups and downs from Seantrel because he is a rookie. One advantage he will have that he did not have in Chicago will be that the crowd will try to be quiet when our offense has the ball.

This is all part of Seantrel's development. I fully expect him to develop into a tackle that will play well for us for several years. He has the physical gifts and talent, and judging from his performance thus far and some interviews I have seen, he seems to have his head in the right place.

Henderson will get Pass Pro help from RBs/TEs with chip blocks. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills run directly at Wake with Jackson and Dixon.

Seems like best option to me.. run right at him as much as possible. I can see the screen game doing well to take advantage of Wake's aggresiveness.. Spiller will be key.

Edited by Bocephuz

Henderson will get Pass Pro help from RBs/TEs with chip blocks. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills run directly at Wake with Jackson and Dixon.

They should run at him - run D is hardly what he does best.

And I agree there is no way they leave SH on him one on one on passing downs. The good news is he will have help.

The bad - Wake destroyed a good blocking TE and Ridley last week, so help might not always be enuf. Other thing is you don't want the Wake watch to give O. Vernon too many opportunities either. He good too.

There are ways around this offensively to protect Henderson, i.e. wide sets w/ TE to help on the edge, quickly-timed throws, well-orchestrated runs from Freddy and crew, etc.

Not to discredit Wake or his performance last week, as he certainly proved that he either has already, or will shortly, returned to full performance. Yet, I feel as though he drew the energy for that performance from the home crowd and adrenaline of opening day. It'll be interesting to see how he draws that energy on the road during the season and if he can be consistent. I wish we had the fish later in the season when the colder weather could play more of a factor, but we definitely have momentum from last week to build on and take with us into the home opener to combat the monster that is Wake.

It's weird that wake rushes from the left/non-blind side. I would love to see him go up against an elite LT, like cordy.

If I am the bills, I double team wake all day.

It's not like the tight end is a big target in this offense anyway. Let him stay in and help Seantrel with Wake.