TERRIFIED!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

Dude, if you can't get excited about this week, your shell shocked. This team will be so fired up in their house, OMG. The energy, the noise, the hysteria. It will be crazy, Dogs and Cats living together. the humanity.

Just relax Francis, Uncle Hulka will take care of you.

I love it baby!!!!

Miami might be the slightly better team but I don't think they're as good as their hype. Nor are the Bills as bad as the national media thinks.

(NFL.com, for example, has the fins at #9 and the Bills at #21 despite identical records).

Although the talent edge goes to Miami, the game is in RWS and the Bills are pumped.

So I expect a close, tough game that could go either way.

As a homer, I have to take the Bills - by 1.

Ah, Neil Armstrong. Hell of a right fielder, good bat, good speed, terrific arm.

Friggin' Cheap Shot Artist....

Collins stayed in the Apollo capsule while Aldrin and Armstrong went down to the moon. He had a much safer job, if "safe" can be used to describe circling the moon in a space capsule.

He was apparently offered a chance to command another flight (and, hence, obviously walk on the moon), but declined. Don't know how I'd handle that decision. That wasn't an occupation for the faint of heart.

Nor is being a Bills fan. But I'm still here after 40+ years.

If they win great, if they lose it will still be a great day because football and tailgating are back.

Better said.

We are now officially STUCK with these Ole Buffalo Bills forever now .

there are worse things I guess

We NEED to win this game. A lackluster banged-up opponent like Miami, we can't afford to lose this one. We have a tough schedule later in the yr, so we need to win these early games.

even better yet post !

If we have a "let down" after a week one overtime win, at our home opener after the death of Ralph and the announcement of a new owner, there is a serious problem. We may not win, but a letdown is inexcusable.

That wont happen. We might get beat but there is no way in hell the team well let up. Book it. BOOK it Auger ! ; )

Not terrified at all.

It's going to be a tough game. Miami got better over the offseason. We got better on paper, but our defense (which is what won us games against Miami last year) has changed.

This is not going to be an easy game. Simple.

That being said, I'm excited with all the great news lately. I won't be surprised if we lose, but at the very least the energy should be amazing. :)

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

I don't know why but this season has me in such a pessimistic mood. When the Bills went three and out and then Chicago cut up the defense with just a few plays I already thought the game was lost. The team bounced back and showed resiliency. But even after a week 1 win and some great news about the ownership of the team I can't help but feel pessimistic. Don't know why maybe all the years of optimism lead me to think that if I am pessimistic one year it will all work out.

I'm not nervus we have battled some ups an a lot of downs, my son is in his first real year of football and last week sat and watched the hole game with me for the first time and at the end he looked at me and said wow dad know I know why you are such a big fan and you know what I see a different team from yrs past and I really believe that this team will use all that energy to beat them with sound football and this week the marks the change from loosing to re grabbing the new winng mantality and my son will know the rival between us and the fins and will carry it on for the new generation bills and fans.. Go bills!!!!!! So if anyone ones to donate their tickets so I can take him to his first live game of they are not going we would surly love to have them and we won't let you down. I had to ask!

Yes I am terrified, our gaurds couldn't hit a block on the second level last week because they are so slow, which will be a huge deal this week as Miami is so much faster, and a 3-4 which always gives us trouble. I feel offensively we will need three step drops and a very accurate quick release, which is not our strong suit. On defense they have to prove they can stop the run, I am hopeful they can but it has not happened yet.All this and the whole second shoe thing is worrying the crap out of me.

Are you serious!? the Ralph is going to be rocking and the players are just as pumped

Yes. I always do. I prefer to look at it as cautiously optimistic. I'm as homeristic as they come but that doesn't counteract my paranoia.

ugh, that sounds like a completely miserable way to be a fan

Bleep being nervous! It's a new day and a new way in 2014. This is a tone setting game for the season and everything is in the Bills' favor. This is the 1st step toward taking over the AFC East! It's time to seize the day and break this miserable 14 year streak!! Go Bills!!!

:worthy:

I do not feel that.

I feel fans getting excited.....but the truth is that the talent at field level wins or loses games, not fans.

I think what is building is pressure on the players to perform at a crazy high level this Sunday and that can be the enemy of execution. If they play well and win this Sunday it will be another hurdle crossed for this team.

BOOO!