TERRIFIED!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

Please delete this thread- lol!!!!

The word I used earlier with a friend was "Crushed"

I know you might say I'm a typical Bills "pessimist", but with the big win last week in Chi-town coupled with the news of the Pegula's buying the team, anyone else have "letdown" in the back of their minds in the home opener? Hoping I'm wrong. Go Bills!

I would say the complete opposite

Yes. I always do. I prefer to look at it as cautiously optimistic. I'm as homeristic as they come but that doesn't counteract my paranoia.

I would say the complete opposite

Completely agree. The PR guy should trot everyone out....Kelly.... new HOF'er Reed..... Pegulas if present (may not want to 'interfere' yet). Tributes to Mary and Ralph Wilson....Stadium renovations. Plus, it is the home opener against the Phish. I can't imagine a better scenario for the Bills to win big. Where would you rather be than right there...on Sunday?

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Jiminy Crickets. Some people just need to find something to worry about. I just finished a very good book about Neil Armstrong, in which I found a great quote from Mike Collins (and, if you don't know who these people are...don't bother replying to the post). Collins, a noted optimist, is quoted as saying "I'm not at all convinced that everything is going to work out well, but on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with thinking that it should". So...if an attitude like that can get you to the moon, why don't you give it a try?

I think between the fans, the fact it is the home opener, division rival and the pending change in ownership, this will be one of the biggest Bills win we have seen in a decade.

Jiminy Crickets. Some people just need to find something to worry about. I just finished a very good book about Neil Armstrong, in which I found a great quote from Mike Collins (and, if you don't know who these people are...don't bother replying to the post). Collins, a noted optimist, is quoted as saying "I'm not at all convinced that everything is going to work out well, but on the other hand, there's nothing wrong with thinking that it should". So...if an attitude like that can get you to the moon, why don't you give it a try?

I could not agree more. Bravo!

We're a 1 point dog at home. Which means we'd be a 4 point dog on a neutral field.

This board, which normally has a suffocating negative attitude, pulled a 180 after a close win.

I'll still be nervous as hell on Sunday.

The good news is that even with my negativity, even with a loss, were .500.

Trying to not let one OT win set me up for the disappointment I've been feeling for 15 years.

We're a 1 point dog at home. Which means we'd be a 4 point dog on a neutral field.

This board, which normally has a suffocating negative attitude, pulled a 180 after a close win.

I'll still be nervous as hell on Sunday.

The good news is that even with my negativity, even with a loss, were .500.

Trying to not let one OT win set me up for the disappointment I've been feeling for 15 years.

Bleep being nervous! It's a new day and a new way in 2014. This is a tone setting game for the season and everything is in the Bills' favor. This is the 1st step toward taking over the AFC East! It's time to seize the day and break this miserable 14 year streak!! Go Bills!!!

Ah, Neil Armstrong. Hell of a right fielder, good bat, good speed, terrific arm.

Wait. What?

I tell you what. If the Bills don't show up and play their butts off this week, I better not hear anyone associated with the club talk about a "letdown"? (I'm too much of a realist to expect that from the fans, though.) There is NO excuse this week for that. The Bills have everything going for them. They are even getting, arguably, healthier. I expect big tings this week.