A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) I liked what I saw of Watkins. This means something people. He is a freaking baby, but his skillset did shine through this week. Even a doubter like me can be happy.

2) You see, more than one player can win one single game for a football team. You tend to not want it to be either kicker, right? But Carpenter and Gay really were major contributors to this victory. This is beyond dispute.

3) Did you see the TD run by EJ? I cannot tell you how happy I was. The kid needs to RUN!!! He is NOT a pocket QB. If used and coached properly, maybe he can win us football games. How cool is that???!!!

4) Spiller drives me nuts. Seriously. His TD in the 2nd qtr. was perfectly executed. A fantastic play no doubt. Then, with 47 seconds left before the half he went out of bounds. It didn't cost the Bills anything, but I had a near heart attack. You just CANNOT do chit like that again and again.

5) Who can stop what must arrive now?

Something new is waiting, to be born.

Dark as the night,

You're still by my side,

Shining side.

Gone are the days, we stopped to decide,

Where we should go,

We just ride.

Gone are the broken eyes we saw through in dreams,

Gone both,

dream and lie......

6) How great was that run by Fred Jackson? It was almost like story book stuff, ya know? He deserved that play as much as we did. Just so freaking cool!!!

7) Mike Williams made as good a catch as one would ever hope to see. Seriously, if he can keep himself together, he will be literally great.

8) Sorry, I was unimpressed by the Guard play on either side. How about you? Did you like what you saw from Chris Williams in particular? I did not. Not at all.

9) How many of you missed Gilmore? I am curious. Corey Graham looked pretty damned good from where I sat.

10) I am serious, I think that Mario hit Cutler SOOOO hard on that sack that it changed the game. For those of you who are unsure, Mario Williams is the best player on our football team.

11) My friends, we have a shot!!! We do. I know as well as any Bills Fan that these moments are fleeting, but we look good right now. And we look like we can improve.

12) McKelvin had a rough outing. I hope he improves.

13) The thing about Woods that stuck out was how hungry he looked. This kid can really play football.

14) I am just SO happy for us as fans. Right this second, hope does prevail. It feels good and my best wishes go out to my fellow Bills Fans. Nobody is as loyal as us. NOBODY!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That run reminded me of an AP type run!

Love how he stiff armed the player and he flew backwards

CBF

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3) Did you see the TD run by EJ? I cannot tell you how happy I was. The kid needs to RUN!!! He is NOT a pocket QB. If used and coached properly, maybe he can win us football games. How cool is that???!!!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, you need some props here. You have been saying this about EJ all along - that the OC should use his mobility and also do a lot of play action. Yesterday, he did all of that with great success so kudos to you. HOpe EJ continues to grow, mature and start becoming aggressive.

I think McKelvin(like the rest of the team) took one drive to get into things. After that first drive, I thought McKelvin had a fairly solid game.

What a magical way to start the season. This is a young team. The future suddenly looks quite bright.

Yea I thought McLovin played well after that first drive.

If he would have caught that INT tho....

Chris Conte Cannot Tackle. Bears fans know this, of course. But they did not need to see Conte getting pushed down the sideline by Fred Jackson in overtime like a shopping cart through the produce aisle.

(bleacher report)

I hate having to defend Conte, but he knew they were in field goal range and was going for the strip. He said so postgame, and after watching again I'm inclined to believe him FWIW.

Still an awesome stiff arm... I got so excited I knocked the wind out of my brother ha!

Edited by SmokinES3

I'll add this about Chandler: I don't think EJ targeted him a single time after that drop. Yes it was a bad pass, but come on Scott. Make a play.

IMHO, I don't think it was a bad pass. It was slightly behind Chandler; however, it wasn't as if he had to reach for it. It hit him on the back shoulder and an NFL caliber TE should make that catch 10 time out of 10. Woods had to really stretch on one catch and there were several others that were a little high but absolutely acceptable and catchable. The only really off target pass was the one in which he overthrew Watkins. The interception was just a bad decision. There were also a number of passes that he threw very well. This idea of EJ not being an accurate passer in the sense of an NFL QB feels a little overblown to me. There are only a handful of QBs in this league that have the type of pinpoint accuracy that people seem to want - they are the elite ones. Everyone knows who they are and they just do not come along very often. Then there are a group of very good QBs who, again iMO, do not throw the ball with any greater accuracy than what I saw from EJ yesterday.

He played a solid and poised game. If you go back and look at the game, EJ made a big play on virtually every scoring drive. In addition, there were very few drives that ended because he didn't make a play.

He has a long way to go. But what QB who has only played 11 NFL games doesn't?

Edited by billsfan1959

Loved the pace of the offense. The no huddle style, race to the line of scrimmage-- is over.

Not sure thats true - just not part of the game plan yesterday. They obviously did not want a shootout with Chicago. My guess is you will see more of it against Miami to try and create mismatches and slow down their rush. Just a guess.

Kyle Williams has more INTs than Jarius Byrd. Kyle F'n Williams! :w00t:

That was a truly GREAT play by Kyle Williams. Many people might see that as a some kind of fluke, like "he threw the ball right to him, and look what I found" but he read the play and put himself in position to make the INT. Great play by the Bills MVP. He had a quiet day otherwise, but gave his team the opportunity to win right there. What an outstanding player.

I hate having to defend Conte, but he knew they were in field goal range and was going for the strip. He said so postgame, and after watching again I'm inclined to believe him FWIW.

Still an awesome stiff arm... I got so excited I knocked the wind out of my brother ha!

I believe him.

IMHO, I don't think it was a bad pass. It was slightly behind Chandler; however, it wasn't as if he had to reach for it. It hit him on the back shoulder and an NFL caliber TE should make that catch 10 time out of 10. Woods had to really stretch on one catch and there were several others that were a little high but absolutely acceptable and catchable. The only really off target pass was the one in which he overthrew Watkins. The interception was just a bad decision. There were also a number of passes that he threw very well. This idea of EJ not being an accurate passer in the sense of an NFL QB feels a little overblown to me. There are only a handful of QBs in this league that have the type of pinpoint accuracy that people seem to want - they are the elite ones. Everyone knows who they are and they just do not come along very often. Then there are a group of very good QBs who, again iMO, do not throw the ball with any greater accuracy than what I saw from EJ yesterday.

He played a solid and poised game. If you go back and look at the game, EJ made a big play on virtually every scoring drive. In addition, there were very few drives that ended because he didn't make a play.

He has a long way to go. But what QB who has only played 11 NFL games doesn't?

Agree on the pass to Chandler that a top-tier TE makes. And as for the INT, again it looked like he wanted to pass to Chandler, but he fell down (ugh). Note to EJ: if you're looking to pass to Chandler and he falls down, do NOT throw the ball! Only bad things happen.

Along with CJ constantly running out of bounds, EJ did that a lot too! Yes- he's our QB, and we won the game in the end... At least twice he ran on third down (at least one he was flushed from pocket) and he just trotted out of bounds one or two yards shy of the first down marker... I wouldn't be too upset to see him try to make that 1st down in critical spots- I can however respect him taking care of his body- as he goes our team goes

Not sure thats true - just not part of the game plan yesterday. They obviously did not want a shootout with Chicago. My guess is you will see more of it against Miami to try and create mismatches and slow down their rush. Just a guess.

That was a truly GREAT play by Kyle Williams. Many people might see that as a some kind of fluke, like "he threw the ball right to him, and look what I found" but he read the play and put himself in position to make the INT. Great play by the Bills MVP. He had a quiet day otherwise, but gave his team the opportunity to win right there. What an outstanding player.

On the last play for the Bears in overtime, he was the one getting pressure on Cutler who couldn't step into the throw. McKelvin should have had that for an easy int, it bounced right off his chest.

Story of the game is not sexy but is Bills improved depth - I remember a couple of Bills team in this past 14 year drought which had decent starters but couldn't survive injury because talent drop off was so severe, this years Bills had a starter out in the secondary and was down three at LB and powered through- Good depth not sexy but vital.

On the last play for the Bears in overtime, he was the one getting pressure on Cutler who couldn't step into the throw. McKelvin should have had that for an easy int, it bounced right off his chest.

Didn't notice that. Thanks