papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@john_wawrow

I'm not sure that #Bills tensions report had much of anything accurate except that Marrone did erupt last week.

So there's another eruption AFTER the training camp sideline eruption, which also goes with Marrone's eruption at the team, back and forth words with Jerry Hughes, and making them run laps like they are in high school.

I get that the team is trying to do damage control, but where did this stuff come from? SOMEONE fed this info to LaConfora. Like I mentioned before, nobody outside of Bills fans really cares about the Bills right now, so I doubt a national sports writer decided to fabricate a story about Doug Marrone. It makes no sense.

Where there is smoke there is fire. St. Doug is in over his head and he's going to blow a gasket because these aren't college kids he can scare into obedience.

Edited by TheFunPolice

So there's another eruption AFTER the training camp sideline eruption, which also goes with Marrone's eruption at the team, back and forth words with Jerry Hughes, and making them run laps like they are in high school.

I get that the team is trying to do damage control, but where did this stuff come from?

Where there is smoke there is fire. St. Doug is in over his head and he's going to blow a gasket because these aren't college kids he can scare into obedience.

Actually, no. Sometimes there is just smoke. Things besides fire smoke.

But with this team, I welcome fire!

I get that the team is trying to do damage control, but where did this stuff come from? SOMEONE fed this info to LaConfora. Like I mentioned before, nobody outside of Bills fans really cares about the Bills right now, so I doubt a national sports writer decided to fabricate a story about Doug Marrone. It makes no sense.

maybe the smoke was just from marcel and Bradham watching film together.

I'm serious in that I agree with Marrone that if he can win here it would be a miracle. Look at all the coaches who have tried and failed since Wade. Certainly for me, with the amount of negativity surrounding the team since TC started, it would seem like one. I'll dress up as St. Doug for Halloween if we have a winning record at that point.

This seems appropriate. There is only one "Saint ___ Douglas," and it's Saint George Douglas, who was beatified in 1987 (400 years after his very unpleasant death). Not a happy ending for Douglas, but he apparently showed some pluck and bravery as he faced the void:

George Douglas was born in Edinburgh, the son of John Douglas, Burgess of Edinburgh; he was a Douglas of Bonjedward. His uncle was the Protestant Archbishop of St Andrews, John Douglas.

In his earlier years, George Douglas, of Edinburgh, Scotland, worked as a schoolmaster in the English county of Rutland. He subsequently journeyed overseas to Paris, where he studied for the priesthood and was ordained. There are uncertainties in the biographical details of his life, including the specific year of his ordination. He may have been a member of a religious congregation, perhaps the Franciscan Order, but this cannot be established. Father Douglas came to England about ten years after his ordination to serve the country’s Catholics persecuted under Queen Elizabeth I. It was while laboring thus that he was arrested a first time, but was thereafter released. He was arrested a second time at Ripton in the northern county of Yorkshire. Father Douglas was sentenced to death for “persuading to popery,” that is, for winning converts to the Catholic faith. At York he was executed by drawing and quartering, manifesting great fortitude during his torments.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm serious in that I agree with Marrone that if he can win here it would be a miracle. Look at all the coaches who have tried and failed since Wade. Certainly for me, with the amount of negativity surrounding the team since TC started, it would seem like one. I'll dress up as St. Doug for Halloween if we have a winning record at that point.

As I said 147 pages ago, we need to start the beatification process. I'm very familiar with it, since I threw my hat into the ring to be elected Pope.

Why are you so confident that this is a separate incident? Marrone indicated in his press conference today that it is the same incident as Rodak had reported last week.

My response is, I'm glad Mike reported it first a couple of weeks ago. Because I think our own home people, they would know more than someone on the national thing.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Sorry if this has been posted already, but here is john ditulio on radio in rochester speaking on his source re: players lack of respect for marrone including jerry Hughes challenging marrone infront of the team and media during camp.

http://m.foxsports1280.com/onair/bills-blog-52318/ditullio-bills-players-dont-respect-marrone-12738168

One key part missing. Marrone is far from "the boss".

What company do you work at where the PR(most likely the lady that does the press releases and internet presence, and, most likely an underling to the Director/VP of Marketing) person tells line business people, ANY, line business person boss or not, what to do? :lol: Underpants Gnomes, LLC?

Try that schit in IT, and you'll probably get shot with many and various Nerf weapons. You can count on a few stress balls chucked at your nuts/breasts as well. But, try that schit at a major manufacturing setting? No Nerf. Steel tools. And, it's the line manager/production engineer thowing them at you.

I used to send marketing/PR people nasty emails, and shame their ignorance at meetings(which is also called: doing my job). I also wore shorts to a trade show presentation once, but, that was a specific punishment for a specific Marketing/PR person. One time thing.

Back when I was working for others, the notion that any marketing person would discuss, never mind tell, anything with anybody on one of my project(s), without talking to me first? Never happen. Because they knew what I'd do them. Example:

I'd likely have sought, and obtained, approval for them to be forced to spend their evenings with me in "professionl development" = SQL and Systems Integration "training", to "develop a better understanding of the job we do". See? Easily done. That one would be over before it started. :devil: Oh, and it would be "evenings", because I'd be sure to reaffrim their "daily" activity as being "so important to the firm".

I wasn't the boss, but I was a boss. And I can damn well guarantee that outcome would be 1(one) of the many punishments doled out to the foolish marekting/PR person who ever chose to F with me. We must constantly supervise ALL sales/accounting/marketing/PR...any "support" group, or they will get out of hand.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What company do you work at where the PR(most likely the lady that does the press releases and internet presence, and, most likely an underling to the Director/VP of Marketing) person tells line business people, ANY, line business person boss or not, what to do? :lol: Underpants Gnomes, LLC?

Try that schit in IT, and you'll probably get shot with many and various Nerf weapons. You can count on a few stress balls chucked at your nuts/breasts as well. But, try that schit at a major manufacturing setting? No Nerf. Steel tools. Real quick. And, it's the line manager/production engineer thowing them at you.

The worst I've ever done to the marketing/PR people is send them nasty emails, and shame their ignorance at meetings(which is also called: doing my job). I also wore shorts to a trade show presentation once, but, that was a specific punishment for a specific Marketing/PR person. One time thing.

Back when I was working for others, the notion that any marketing person would discuss anything with anybody on one of my project(s), without talking to me first? Never happen. Because they knew what I'd do them. Example:

I'd likely have sought, and obtained, approval for them to be forced to spend their evenings with me in "professionl development" = SQL and Systems Integration "training", to "develop a better understanding of the job we do". See? Easily done. That one would be over before it started. :devil:

I wasn't the boss, but I can damn well guarantee that outcome would be 1(one) of the many punishments doled out to the foolish marekting/PR person who ever chose to F with me. We must constantly supervise marketing/PR people, or they will get out of hand.

And then you wonder when people tune out as soon as they read "OCin ..... "

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry if this has been posted already, but here is john ditulio on radio in rochester speaking on his source re: players lack of respect for marrone including jerry Hughes challenging marrone infront of the team and media during camp.

http://m.foxsports12...arrone-12738168

this

caught nearly 3 minutes of the heated exchange on tape (warning some of the language NSFW)

You just gave me something to do on Sunday if the game gets out of hand.

Just do this ...

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'll throw my take in the ring. I suspect Marrone is the one most attached to EJ. And Brandon is the least. Marrone demands loyalty to EJ in the players, hence stevie and woods in doghouse. Could be a primary resentment the players have

That is what these reports are adding up to, along with the year end press conference where Brandon did not sound confident in EJ at all compared to Whaley and Marrone. That was where they were all supposed to be declaring their all-in-ness, but Brandon's words were "we're going to try to see some marked improvement next year". Stuck out to me

I'll throw my take in the ring. I suspect Marrone is the one most attached to EJ. And Brandon is the least. Marrone demands loyalty to EJ in the players, hence stevie and woods in doghouse. Could be a primary resentment the players have

That is what these reports are adding up to, along with the year end press conference where Brandon did not sound confident in EJ at all compared to Whaley and Marrone. That was where they were all supposed to be declaring their all-in-ness, but Brandon's words were "we're going to try to see some marked improvement next year". Stuck out to me

Warning! Wild speculation alert!

Warning! Wild speculation alert!

Tryin to offer the best summation of everything I heard and have been paying as close attention as anyone probably. I may not be the best at it, but I've got no dog in the fight, and thought it might be worth posting. If you listen to that year end conference, Brandon does say that "try to see marked improvement" pretty much word for word, doesn't that seem a strange way to put it if you had confidence? I could be wrong obviously, but this is the way things seem to be leaning even without considering that press conf