Is John Murphy Delusional or What?

patfitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the OP too. Yes Murph is an optimist about the team - nothing wrong with that, but I have never heard him cut someone off because he doesn't agree. He always says when he doesn't agree but he is respectful. The John Murphy show however, is at its best as an interview show rather than as a phone-in show. I said on another threa the other day I think it would be worth considering giving over one night a week to Sal on a regular basis or a Murph - Sal double act to be specifically a phone-in discussion show.

Delusional? Not at all. Have a different opinion than you? Yes. Is that swayed by the fact that he works for the Bills? Probably.

But he isn't all "gung-ho" that Manuel will most definitely be a franchise QB and people should just shut up. He admits and admitted that Manuel didn't show enough in the preseason. Where his opinion probably differs from you and from others fans is, he believes its a process and that 10 games aren't enough to determine Manuel's future. So he's willing to wait and see. Nothing wrong with that opinion. Hell, that's my opinion, doesn't make me delusional.

If you don't like his opinion, don't listen, it's easy. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of Buffalo/Rochester sports radio hosts who believe Manuel is not a franchise caliber QB.

Murph's show is good for interviews, and for figuring out what the Bills are going to do (Byrd, etc). I knew we were going to sign Orton when Murph sounded high on the idea.

But, it's definitely not where you are going to get true and fair analysis.

nothing wrong with a show that errs on positive spin.

I actually find it refreshing as compared to most shows which are heavy on the negative aspects of the team.

My thoughts as well. Having to listen to schopp continually cut off callers and hang up on them because he doesn't like/agree with what they are saying is rather unprofessional. Then after he cuts them goes on to ridicule the callers since they can't defend themselves. Classy.

Murphy let's most callers voice their opinion and more often than not takes it in the teeth. Gotta respect the guy for at least trying to be positive when the team has looked the way it has in preseason.

Delusional? Not at all. Have a different opinion than you? Yes. Is that swayed by the fact that he works for the Bills? Probably.

But he isn't all "gung-ho" that Manuel will most definitely be a franchise QB and people should just shut up. He admits and admitted that Manuel didn't show enough in the preseason. Where his opinion probably differs from you and from others fans is, he believes its a process and that 10 games aren't enough to determine Manuel's future. So he's willing to wait and see. Nothing wrong with that opinion. Hell, that's my opinion, doesn't make me delusional.

If you don't like his opinion, don't listen, it's easy. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of Buffalo/Rochester sports radio hosts who believe Manuel is not a franchise caliber QB.

EJ does not have a ten game sample. it is 9.5 games. i read it right here, so I know it's true.

I have followed Bills football since their first season and listened to all the rhetoric, from Art Wander and teh Coach Chuck Dickerson to Shoop and teh Bulldog on WGR, but I have been astounded and disappointed by the over the patently biased, over the top views expressed by John Murphy on his radio show of late where callers cannot disagree with him about his "optimisitc" views on the Bills' chances, EJ's ability to succeed as QB, on Marrone and Whaley's tenure, etc. adn questioning why fans feel the way they do. Wake up and smell the coffee John, amaybe somebody spiked his with those Mollys! I know he is employed by the Bills and may be he feeling the heat if a new owner will pull the plug on his show, but for goodeness sake lighten up, callers can disagree and anyone who doesn't seem to agree with his rose colored glasses are ridiculed or discounted for their opinions. I used to think he was a level headed guy at least as a sportscaster but he seems very jaded of late. He also treis in ernest to be overly apologetic to his guests like the time when he tried to suggest that his "good buddy", guest Ron Jaws Jaworski back in early training camp, tried to sell us on Bon Jovi wanting was was "right for Buffalo" to keep the Bills in Buffalo, how dumb does he think the average fan is and why should we believe Jaws would tell us what Bon Jovi has in mind in the first place? Whenever a caller suggests that his opinion may be biased due to the fact he works for Bills' organization he profusely deneisthis, yet he and Chris Brown are in fact mouthpeices for the Bills whether or not they careto fess up.

Paragraphs and bullet points are your friend. Give them a try.

I have followed Bills football since their first season and listened to all the rhetoric, from Art Wander and teh Coach Chuck Dickerson to Shoop and teh Bulldog on WGR, but I have been astounded and disappointed by the over the patently biased, over the top views expressed by John Murphy on his radio show of late where callers cannot disagree with him about his "optimisitc" views on the Bills' chances, EJ's ability to succeed as QB, on Marrone and Whaley's tenure, etc. adn questioning why fans feel the way they do. Wake up and smell the coffee John, amaybe somebody spiked his with those Mollys! I know he is employed by the Bills and may be he feeling the heat if a new owner will pull the plug on his show, but for goodeness sake lighten up, callers can disagree and anyone who doesn't seem to agree with his rose colored glasses are ridiculed or discounted for their opinions. I used to think he was a level headed guy at least as a sportscaster but he seems very jaded of late. He also treis in ernest to be overly apologetic to his guests like the time when he tried to suggest that his "good buddy", guest Ron Jaws Jaworski back in early training camp, tried to sell us on Bon Jovi wanting was was "right for Buffalo" to keep the Bills in Buffalo, how dumb does he think the average fan is and why should we believe Jaws would tell us what Bon Jovi has in mind in the first place? Whenever a caller suggests that his opinion may be biased due to the fact he works for Bills' organization he profusely deneisthis, yet he and Chris Brown are in fact mouthpeices for the Bills whether or not they careto fess up.

Paragraphs and bullet points are your friend. Give them a try.

The italics threw me a bit. But I had to stop reading when he mentioned some of the worst broadcasters in the history of sports: Art Wander, teh [sic] Coach, Shoop. teh [sic] Bulldog...

I had to think, didn't this guy every listen to anyone with half a brain?

How is Art Wander in "the worst broadcasters in the history of sports"?

I think it's great what Murphy said last night at one point -

That NONE of the reporters/ media including himself have any idea what they are looking at on the field. John himself relies heavily on expert analysis from Mark Kelso, for example, to help formulate his opinions.

Also, he is much more of a "glass half full" guy than the blatant delusional homer some claim him to be. The proof is in what he says if you pay attention to the whole thing.