Just how popular is Fred Jackson as a Buffalo Bill?

Tipster19

I can't help but view Jackson as a big sign of the failures of this organization, even though it's no fault of his own. Three different RBs drafted in the first round have been with this team over his time here. This kind of lack of vision when it comes to talent evaluation is why this team is where it is right now. It's a great credit to him that he has been able to put up the numbers he has with those other guys around, but to me he's a constant reminder or an era I want to forget.

He deserves better and I hope he gets it here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I first noticed Fred 8 or 9 years ago when he played with the Rhein Fire in the world league.

I just happened to have the game on in the background and noticed a guy who seemed a step better than the rest of the guys on the field; breaking tackles, out running guys, crushing blitz pickups, etc.

If you recall, players in that league wore the logo of the NFL team who had their rights and needless to say, I was pleased to see he wore the charging bison.

As for how popular he is, I couldn't say. But I don't know a single Bills fan in the real world or online who doesn't absolutely love the guy.

Fred might be the most over-rated player in the history of football...lee evans was a close 2nd. He has 1 season in his entire career where he just barely cracked 1000 yards. This is the NFL where EVERYBODY cracks 1000 yards. He is a decent player, but people act like he is this incredible player and human being. He has never made a pro bowl...as for his amazing leadership that I ALWAYS hear about, he has never even come close to carrying this team to the playoffs. We have been a horrendous offense for so long and he has been very mediocre for most of his career.

As for being nice...come on people. Are NFL players such rotten people that we actually need to praise a guy because he is nice? Lot's of guys are nice and good husbands...lol.

How do you know how good of a husband he is? Just curious.

Well, I'm not reading about him in the papers in the Crime Report section, that's one thing. Plus, he's been a Bill now for years, and I'm willing to take an educated guess and I don't think I'm far off. Until proven otherwise, I'll stick to that.

His jersey will sell after he's gone. I think that popular.

Fred might be the most over-rated player in the history of football...lee evans was a close 2nd. He has 1 season in his entire career where he just barely cracked 1000 yards. This is the NFL where EVERYBODY cracks 1000 yards. He is a decent player, but people act like he is this incredible player and human being. He has never made a pro bowl...as for his amazing leadership that I ALWAYS hear about, he has never even come close to carrying this team to the playoffs. We have been a horrendous offense for so long and he has been very mediocre for most of his career.

As for being nice...come on people. Are NFL players such rotten people that we actually need to praise a guy because he is nice? Lot's of guys are nice and good husbands...lol.

did he steal you're girlfriend?

I first noticed Fred 8 or 9 years ago when he played with the Rhein Fire in the world league.

I just happened to have the game on in the background and noticed a guy who seemed a step better than the rest of the guys on the field; breaking tackles, out running guys, crushing blitz pickups, etc.

If you recall, players in that league wore the logo of the NFL team who had their rights and needless to say, I was pleased to see he wore the charging bison.

As for how popular he is, I couldn't say. But I don't know a single Bills fan in the real world or online who doesn't absolutely love the guy.

I don't

Not a great first impression dumping on Fred. first year as a Bills fan?

You evidently do not know much about football. This guys finds the tough yards. How many yards in a season does not state the whole story. He has produced first downs more than most and just knows howo to get forward when there is nothing, or can use his balance to make those 3-2's work. why do you think after initially using CJ so many times early last year why he moved to Fredex. He did it as he is a much more durable back.

As far as your 1000 yard conversation, do you remember he had 953 at 10 games just a couple of year sago before he broke his leg. That extrapolated out was a 1525 yard season which would have been only 15 yards behind MJD that year with a bad line and his hardest run defenses were in the beginning of the year.

FJ would be a stud on a talented team, but has never complained all of these years. He just goes out there and is a Bill. You may want to look at that before you post with your extensive experience on this board.

I apologize as I don't make things personal, but you are so off, I'm not happy with this type of post. You have a right to your opinion, even if I violently disagree with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- I live in Tampa for the last 23 years after growing up in Buffalo.

Yup, there are a boatload of 33 yr old running backs who can still carry a pretty full load for a team.

I think he is one of the few bright beacons of fan love during the most recent millennium of epic suckage.

He is one of the first bills of my generation that come to mind as being deserving of spot of the wall of fame.

Fred also gets it. Hes a genuinely good guy and cares. He wants to win. I still get pumped up thinking of him running on the field with the bills flag after we beat the hated pats*. Yup we haven't had much to get excited over in recent decades....