The offense is bad. Not Ej.

Before watching lions game i thought like a lot of fans here (not that much), that Ej is holding us back. But after watching 1st q vs lions, it doesn't look like that at all. He was not perfect. But damn, give the guy some help!

Pocket collapsed real quick on his 2 allowed sacks.

Fred Jackson dropped an easy one. He got up pissed off. He knew he effed up. That would have been a first instead of a punt.

R. Woods dropped another one, that while not perfect, was very catchable. That would have been a first, instead of a punt.

Lets not talk about the negative plays of the rbs that are bringing the 3rd and long situations. Dude I thought we had great rbs.... wthell!

Anyway this is not all on ej. Yeah the slant pass to sammy was not good, but it wasn't intercepted either. It was batted down by Sammy.

Do u guys see what I see? Or im just on blind ej affection?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't objectively see that EJ is easily one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL, if not the absolute worst, well then I salute your fanhood but have to say you are either pretty uninformed about football or being blindly optimistic because you love your team.

or it's just preseason.

If you can't objectively see that EJ is easily one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL, if not the absolute worst, well then I salute your fanhood but have to say you are either pretty uninformed about football or being blindly optimistic because you love your team.

Well said. Very convincing argument. I can't give you too much kudos though.....when something is as obvious as EJ's ineptitude, it is easy to make a convincing argument.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

you should just be done with this and become a Pats fan, it would much less miserable for you …. and those around you

Before watching lions game i thought like a lot of fans here (not that much), that Ej is holding us back. But after watching 1st q vs lions, it doesn't look like that at all. He was not perfect. But damn, give the guy some help!

Fred Jackson dropped an easy one. He got up pissed off. He knew he effed up. That would have been a first instead of a punt.

R. Woods dropped another one, that while not perfect, was very catchable. That would have been a first, instead of a punt.

Lets not talk about the negative plays of the rbs that are bringing the 3rd and long situations. Dude I thought we had great rbs.... wthell!

Anyway this is not all on ej. Yeah the slant pass to sammy was not good, but it wasn't intercepted either. It was batted down by Sammy.

I did exactly what you did and had the same reaction. If the line cannot block on a running play-- which happened almost every time-- then how is that the QB's fault? As a young QB, EJ needs the team around him to be good and productive. Russell Wilson is exactly in that situation. He's not great at all, but with a killer defense and great running game, he does not have to do too much and can play within himself. No young QB can carry a team on his back, look at RG III. The rest of the team has to be better so EJ does not have to do so much. Without that, he will suck and fail.

is the offense too fast paced and complicated for ej and the offense? i am not suggesting ej and the offense are stupid. this is the second year with our o-coordinator. there should be some improvement. is the o-coordinator ramming his system down the their collective throats? this is just me....

In the era of spread offenses Hackett is one of the few with a true fullback on the roster. Hopefully something new comes around with the regular season but last year and through this preseason i have been very underwhelmed with the offensive concepts that are being deployed.

We went through this with Trent.

'Trent doesn't have time, it's the line.' So we spent a bunch of money on Dockery and improving the line.

Then it was:

'The receivers aren't getting open! Trent is perfect!' So we brought in TO and still Trent couldn't find open receivers.

Could EJs line play better? Absolutely. But we have a good offense aside from EJ.

Tom Brady would swap his offense for EJs in a second and we all know it.

If EJ can't make this offense work, and I don't believe he can, then I believe EJ just can't be made to work.

It's great to be big and fast but as a QB it's mandatory to be accurate and able to diagnose a defense and the last two areas are clearly EJs Achilles heel.

I'm confused. Which part of the offense makes EJ throw inaccurate passes and shy away from downfield throws?

Also let's keep in mind that it might not be an either/or situation here with regards to the EJ versus Offense thing.

Edited by BarleyNY

I watched the game Thursday night until the starters were pulled. I didn't need to watch it again to see this offense is struggling and it is not struggling because of the Quarterback. Are they struggles that having an elite guy back there might be able to cover over? Sure... but there are only 4 or 5 of those guys around.... there are Superbowl winning Quarterbacks playing in the NFL today who would look a mess in this Bills offense at the moment. The slant to Sammy apart EJ didn't play a bad game..... but the line is bad, CJ still wants to bumpe everything to the outside and we had two key 3rd down conversion drops on catchable balls.

I'm confused. Which part of the offense makes EJ throw inaccurate passes and shy away from downfield throws?

Also let's keep in mind that it might not be an either/or situation here with regards to the EJ versus Offense thing.

This may be true but EJ playing poorly doesn't make the Offensive line look bad. The offensive line playing poorly can make EJ look bad. But I'm sure most would default to they both look bad or just EJ looks bad.

I just rewatched the game and came to the same conclusions. Our O is way out of sync. Every play some unit checks out and it kills the whole O. It is certainly not all EJ.

You are exactly right! The offensive line is OFFENSIVE! That throw to Robert Woods looked as though he waited to the last second to put his hands up. Sometimes to me though EJ seems to be either impatient or too patient with his throws. He had Sammy on an out pattern, but didn't pull the trigger. Instead of making that above mentioned throw to Woods, had he looked to his right Mike Williams was coming open down the seam. That would have been an explosive play instead of just a first down had Woods made catch. I've noticed the same in other games where EJ was content on just moving the chains instead of making the "explosive" play. Maybe the offensive line is not giving him the confidence to wait that extra second, but there is the first area that addresses my concern. BETTER PLAY ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE!

We went through this with Trent.

'Trent doesn't have time, it's the line.' So we spent a bunch of money on Dockery and improving the line.

Then it was:

'The receivers aren't getting open! Trent is perfect!' So we brought in TO and still Trent couldn't find open receivers.

Could EJs line play better? Absolutely. But we have a good offense aside from EJ.

Tom Brady would swap his offense for EJs in a second and we all know it.

If EJ can't make this offense work, and I don't believe he can, then I believe EJ just can't be made to work.

It's great to be big and fast but as a QB it's mandatory to be accurate and able to diagnose a defense and the last two areas are clearly EJs Achilles heel.

Though we spent the money on Dockery and Langston Walker, that duo wasn't any good!