Week 1 predictions: Bills @ Bears

YoloinOhio

I am terrified of the Bears receivers, and can already picture Alshon Jeffrey burning Gilmore, as he stands there holding a small piece of his torn jersey.

That said, I can also picture Jay Cutler getting blown up a bunch by Jerry Hughes and co., and Brandon Spikes breaking people's arms. If EJ can make a few big plays (i.e., a long bomb) and have no TO's, I think we have a good shot.

Going to predict: Bills 20 Bears 17

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to go by what we know, which is the Bears have a potent offense and suspect defense until proven otherwise. The Bills have a sturdy defense and suspect passing game, also until proven otherwise.

Good defense generally trumps good offense, so I don't think Chicago scores more than 24 on O. I also don't think, however, that the Bears will shut down the Bills' rushing game easily.

This is likely a game that comes down to turnovers and the 4th quarter -- so just like almost every game in this league. Whether you have any faith in EJ or not, it's hard to think this would be a Chicago blowout based purely on respective talent.

EJ throws interceptions on the first two series. According to message board fans neither are his fault. Defense holds, Marrone Switches to Orton. Orton has a career game, throws four TD passes and 350 yards. Cutler fires back and leads the Bears to an exciting (for them) 31-28 Victory.

After the game, EJ tells the press he thinks he did pretty good. Marrone assures the fans that EJ is the unquestioned starter, but had to sit him do to a blister on his left pinky finger. Says he is still disappointed in the back up QB situation, as he needs to have a guy who can come in and win.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

EJ throws interceptions on the first two series. According to message board fans neither are his fault. Defense holds, Marrone Switches to Orton. Orton has a career game, throws four TD passes and 350 yards. Cutler fires back and leads the Bears to an exciting (for them) 31-28 Victory.

After the game, EJ tells the press he thinks he did pretty good. Marrone assures the fans that EJ is the unquestioned starter, but had to sit him do to a blister on his left pinky finger. Says he is still disappointed in the back up QB situation, as he needs to have a guy who can come in and win.

Don't quit your day job. You're not even a competent troller, much less a comedian.

ugh. Not even close to funny enough.

EJ actually resembles a starting quarterback because the run game gives him numerous 3rd and short yardage situations. The defense is on its heels not knowing what coverage to put in becaues the Bills haven't been able to achieve consistent 3rd and short yardage in over 15 years

Manuel caps of a nice one with 2 minutes to play, earns the nickname "Afternoon Drive".

I hope they look past us and we get up early. They will have some big pass plays and passing TD plays but if we can exploit their weak safeties and tire them out with the run, we could win a close one. 24 - 21 good guys.