Ryan Mallett Traded to the Texans for Conditional 2016 7th

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Pats* trading their 3rd round QB (to much applause from many here) end up trading him three years later for anywhere from a "conditional 7th" to at best a 6th two years from now, is a good thing. I have to think your take would be much different had the Bills made that move.

Thanks for the help man

Regards TJ graham

Just so I get this straight. The key to being known as a great organization is to draft a QB with your third round pick, "develop" him for three seasons, and then turn him into a 6th or 7th round pick.

Got it.

We used a third on TJ Graham and got um nothing for him. That a boy Dougie and Buddy.

I guess if this was a let's compare T.J.to Mallet thread, then your attempt to compare the front office dealings of the Bills regarding T.J. would hold some merritt. Seeing as though this is a thread about Mallet and not T.J., and how the Pats* drafted in the 3rd and only got a 7th for him, seems to hold little weight for the argument at hand. But hey, I guess it's harder for some to stay on point about the actual topic. Can't we all just enjoy the collective demise of the Pats* together? Why try and throw our beloved Bills into that mix? It's really hard to enjoy the kool-aid, that is that Pats* failures (what little there is), when your own teams failures are compared. Everyone here knows Where the Bills stand. This is a "Pats* suck cuz they fkd up" thread. So to that, I say, hahaha to the Pats* for being so far "off" on their evaluation of Mallet. It's funny, the glass is either half full or half empty, but it's still the same glass with the same amount at the end of the day. I prefer my glass half full, I still have half a glass left, as opposed to, I only have half a glass left. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you know what they say about opinions.

Mallet is going to be a good player. Patriots wouldn't have been able to afford to pay him after this season. Savage and Mallet. This is a good example of filling a pipeline with legitimate hopefuls (you know not second stringers from Washington st. and undertalented guys like thad lewis and dixon)

Yah & seeing as it is a copy cat league & the Bills being in the same division as the Pats you would think that we would have learned something by now ! :wallbash: but i guess you have to pay attention to learn something ...

Edited by T master

Mallet is going to be a good player. Patriots wouldn't have been able to afford to pay him after this season. Savage and Mallet. This is a good example of filling a pipeline with legitimate hopefuls (you know not second stringers from Washington st. and undertalented guys like thad lewis and dixon)

you may think he is going to be a good QB, but the Pats don't. Brady is 37. If they thought he was good, they would have found the money to pay a guy at the most important position on the team who they invested a 3rd rd pick and 3 yrs into, who knows the offense. Instead, they accepted a bag of honey almonds. And rolled with a guy who just got there. Little tastier than peanuts, but not what a future franchise QB should garner. In their opinion.

How much do you think a guy like that who never played meaningful snaps in a game was going to demand in FA? They could have paid him if they wanted to.

Yah & seeing as it is a copy cat league & the Bills being in the same division as the Pats you would think that we would have learned something by now ! :wallbash: but i guess you have to pay attention to learn something ...

he is referring to the Texans with Savage and Mallett. Edited by YoloinOhio

The problem is they never properly showcased him. If he had a rob johnson-like or Matt Flynn-like 1 game start, they might have gotten a high

Pick for him.

Oh they showcased Mallet. He left a steaming pile on the 50 when he played.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just so I get this straight. The key to being known as a great organization is to draft a QB with your third round pick, "develop" him for three seasons, and then turn him into a 6th or 7th round pick.

Got it.

No. The key is aggressively drafting players at the most important position on the team.