The all Tebow for the Bills thread

When I first saw this thread I assumed it was sarcasm. Please tell me the Tebow supporters here are all being sarcastic.

They are not. They would tell you that Jesus wants him to be a starting quarterback in the NFL....OK, that's being sarcastic.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have NFL QB jobs Tebow does not. I'm not going to pretend I know everything, but out of ALL the teams in the NFL, NOT ONE wants Tebow that says all that needs to be said.

Yea and no team has Lewis and Tuel for backups either. Buffalo ranks #31 , so this was a very convincing argument.

Edited by HOUSE

Bringing in Tebow would signal the Bills are in desperation mode to the entire NFL. Oh we'll get lots of attention from ESPN, etc. They will all be there to witness the implosion of the franchise.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No one runs the read option better and when he is not thinking about his throwing motion ( thanks arm "gurus") and just lets it go he is not as bad as he looked.

our backups are bad, Doug get your head out of the sand and do something about this. Or maybe, I don't know, take a flier on a guy in the draft. You wanted to trade up for a RB in round two when you should have trade back into the first for Manziel. :wallbash:

. the guy gives me the creeps and even i'd welcome him at ths point

and agree about manziel.

Really? You're argument against Freeman is to use stats from a game in which he had less than two weeks to prepare as he started for a new team and that he got cut from a team with a two time Super Bowl winner as the starter who has never missed a game and a guy who the team drafted last year? Ok. Ha.

Everything doesn't have to be so absolute in these discussions. I know it's not as fun to realize you don't know it all, but how about, "Well, it would be a risk and I'd be concerned that there's something going on in his head, but he does have elite nfl skills so maybe worth a shot. At least he wouldn't be Tuel or Thad, who have never shown anything that resembles NFL success."

Lighten up Francis.

The real reasons Josh Freeman is not currently signed have nothing to do with talent, as was the case with JaMarcus Russell. Nobody questions his talent. Although Freeman has ADHD, and takes prescriptions for it. Those real reasons include "constantly" late to team meetings, missed the team photo with the Bucs. He appeared to have a general disregard for coaching authority after the Buc's switched coaching staffs. Don't you think its a huge red flag when a team outright cuts a former first round pick at QB after only four regular season games? His completion % was 42.9 for those four games.

That game he played for the Vikings he clearly didn't know the offense at all and his teammates attested to that fact after the game. Another huge red flag when the NY Giants sign him to be a backup QB for the 2014 season, and then cut him so quickly afterwards. April to May.

I for one am darn glad that after the Buc's cut him last year the Bills then offered him a contract and he chose Minnesota over Buffalo. Clearly the kid has talent, and something went south with his mental issues.

Yea and no team has Lewis and Tuel for backups either. Buffalo ranks #31 , so this was a very convincing argument.

That's really really weird. Lewis and Tuel are signed by Buffalo and they're NOT backups for any other teams as well? That just can't be correct. Who else is Ryan Mallett a backup for besides the Patriots? Hmm...we have a conundrum surrounded by a question wrapped in a mystery.

24-36 in the NFL as a starter is not showing anything that resembles NFL success is it? Thad had the same win loss percentage last year with the Bills 2-3.

Compared to anyone on the Bills it is. He also made a pro bowl and got his team to the playoffs. Please don't compare the career of Thad and Josh Freeman. It's like comparing Mike Tyson to Baby Joe Mesi.

• The read option took some D coordinators by suprise two seasons ago. They quickly came up with a means to take it away by bringing an additional defender into the box to read which lineman was being optioned, allowing that lineman to take his pre-determined inside/outside responsibility - with the added man left the other
  • The evolution of the league's pass defense rules to allow unobstructed route running, and you really want to have a QB who can play from the pocket. Anything you get from the position when plays break down is gravy. Yes, those plays can turn a game, but it's not something to design around.

As much as I liked Tebow the football player, he's not a competent enough QB to beat an NFL defense. If he can't do it with his legs, or his arm, what's left... other than divine intervention?

Compared to anyone on the Bills it is. He also made a pro bowl and got his team to the playoffs. Please don't compare the career of Thad and Josh Freeman. It's like comparing Mike Tyson to Baby Joe Mesi.

Then why do they have NFL QB jobs and he's out of the league? Please answer this question why do all 32 teams not want him?

There are NFL GM's - guys that are paid more then most any of us make - that believe Brady Quinn is a better QB then Tim Tebow. Todd Collins played 16 years in the NFL. Tebow, 3. Rex Grossman was signed to the league this week on a team desperate for success at QB and worse off then we are. I do not have any sources to verify it but I am pretty sure Tebow was not called.

Tebow is not in the NFL - he is not playing. I have taken as many snaps at QB in the NFL as Tebow has in the last year. He's done, he's finished, he is out to pasture.

Can we end this nonsense now - ya'll are worse then teenage girls overreacting to Donnie and Marie or NKOTB.

Edited by jboyst62

Not a Tebow fan at all... but both back-ups really looked bad last night.

As someone else said... Grossman would have been a nice veteran add. If the Browns cut Hoyer (doubt that they keep 3 well paid QBs) I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at the #2 job. At least the dude's proven he can win a game... and without much help at that.

Edited by Jamie Mueller

Not a Tebow fan at all... but both back-ups really looked bad last night.

As someone else said... Grossman would have been a nice veteran add. If the Browns cut Hoyer (doubt that they keep 3 well paid QBs) I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at the #2 job. At least the dude's proven he can win a game... and without much help at that.

I'm down with Hoyer.

Loved Jamie Mueller, that guy wss a beast

Bringing in Tebow would signal the Bills are in desperation mode to the entire NFL. Oh we'll get lots of attention from ESPN, etc. They will all be there to witness the implosion of the franchise.

we need to be in desperation mode, and the entire league already knows, the FO is in denial.