The all Tebow for the Bills thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, everyone back away from the cliff...and I might suggest a cold shower to rid yourself of those Teboners.

The next two preseason games are in Buffalo where the entire team should look better. Tampa Bay & Detroit.

Josh Freeman might make more sense then Tebow at this point. But then the Bucs cut the guy for a reason, and so did Minnesota after one horrific game last year. The NY Giants picked him up in April of this year, and signed him to a one year contract after Eli had ankle surgery, only to cut him a month later. That leaves the Giants with Curtis Painter, Ryan Nassib as Eli's backups.

"Josh Freeman's last start in 2013 was against the Giants, a game in which he completed only 20 of 53 passes (37.7 percent), the second-worst single game completion percentage with at least 50 attempts since 2001."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10790136/josh-freeman-new-york-giants-agree-deal

There are real reasons as to why these QB's are looking for a new team. Kinda surprised nobody has brought up JaMarcus...

What do all these Ex-QBs have in common. Not one football team wants them, NOT ONE. But one of them is the answer to our problems? Get real none of them would do anything to help. I was hoping to become a fan of Hackett but he very well may be the biggest of our problems.

Um...in case you haven't watched any games over the last year or so, the answer to the backup QB isn't on the roster either.

At least one of these QBs has actually succeeded in the NFL.

OK so let me be clear- this thread was started, presumably, because of how poor Tuel and Lewis have looked in the PRESEASON. Does anyone realize how bad Tebow looked last PRESEASON? This is so ridiculous, I can't believe I'm responding to this. When the Bills played the Broncos out here in the preseason in 2011, there were legions of 6 year old Broncos fans chanting "we want Tebow" in the first and second quarters. This is what you people sound like to me. Whiny six year olds. Look, it's over for Tim Tebow, OK?

Jeez, everyone back away from the cliff...and I might suggest a cold shower to rid yourself of those Teboners.

The next two preseason games are in Buffalo where the entire team should look better. Tampa Bay & Detroit.

Josh Freeman might make more sense then Tebow at this point. But then the Bucs cut the guy for a reason, and so did Minnesota after one horrific game last year. The NY Giants picked him up in April of this year, and signed him to a one year contract after Eli had ankle surgery, only to cut him a month later. That leaves the Giants with Curtis Painter, Ryan Nassib as Eli's backups.

"Josh Freeman's last start in 2013 was against the Giants, a game in which he completed only 20 of 53 passes (37.7 percent), the second-worst single game completion percentage with at least 50 attempts since 2001."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10790136/josh-freeman-new-york-giants-agree-deal

There are real reasons as to why these QB's are looking for a new team. Kinda surprised nobody has brought up JaMarcus...

Really? You're argument against Freeman is to use stats from a game in which he had less than two weeks to prepare as he started for a new team and that he got cut from a team with a two time Super Bowl winner as the starter who has never missed a game and a guy who the team drafted last year? Ok. Ha.

Everything doesn't have to be so absolute in these discussions. I know it's not as fun to realize you don't know it all, but how about, "Well, it would be a risk and I'd be concerned that there's something going on in his head, but he does have elite nfl skills so maybe worth a shot. At least he wouldn't be Tuel or Thad, who have never shown anything that resembles NFL success."

Edited by dubs

Tim Tebow is a football player, and while he is unspectacular as a QB, I would be fine with bringing him in here to compete as a back-up.

Signing him would be an instant upgrade over Tuel & Lewis. Can anyone deny that?

I think almost every coach in the NFL would deny that. There are few quality backups in this league and not one coach wants Tebow. That should tell you something.

By the logic of Tebow supporters, Lewis has shown he can win too. Won 2 games as a backup last year on a team that only won 6 all year. Tebow had success with a playoff team.

except when he can't win games.

Not to mention, Thad Lewis looked better last season in real games than Tebow has ever looked in the NFL. To these bozos saying they'd take Tebow over Thad Lewis "in a heartbeat," go back and watch some game footage from 2011. Hell, look at his game numbers. He was historically inept. His defense would keep them in games and then Matt Prater would hit a 60 yard field goal and they'd win 13-10.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Not to mention, Thad Lewis looked better last season in real games than Tebow has ever looked in the NFL. To these bozos saying they'd take Tebow over Thad Lewis "in a heartbeat," go back and watch some game footage from 2011. Hell, look at his game numbers. He was historically inept. His defense would keep them in games and then Matt Prater would hit a 60 year field goal and they'd win 13-10.

No need to relitigate Tebow. As stated earlier, there's a reason why he's a CFB analyst now.

Excellent point, nearly everyone is focused on EJ and the back-up QB's, when we probably should be calling out Hackett.

Are you really saying that Lewis and Tuel were good last year? The focus should be on the offensive line. They are not good. We had to sign a free agent guard that isn't very good and draft 3 lineman this past year. This should show the weakness of our line. That is the main problem for this team.

No one person can change a culture and it's fair to say the Bills have grown and nurtured (maybe more by default than design) a culture of failure over the past two decades. Neither Tim Tebow nor [fill in the blank] is the answer.

I think the unfortunate thing with Tebow is that even if he was a capable thrower, he's not good enough for a GM and coach to accept and endure the media circus that's going to follow him.

Are you really saying that Lewis and Tuel were good last year? The focus should be on the offensive line. They are not good. We had to sign a free agent guard that isn't very good and draft 3 lineman this past year. This should show the weakness of our line. That is the main problem for this team.

Hopefully the line gets better when Glenn returns but the run blocking is horrible and pass blocking wasn't great last night.

Personal opinion...Tebow would be an upgrade to our back up QB position. And would get us through to next season after EJ fails this year.

Plus---he'd bring jobs to the area. ESPN would certainly build a satellite news station in OP to keep up the coverage of Tebowmania.

Personal opinion...Tebow would be an upgrade to our back up QB position. And would get us through to next season after EJ fails this year.

Plus---he'd bring jobs to the area. ESPN would certainly build a satellite news station in OP to keep up the coverage of Tebowmania.

Watch Tebow try to throw the ball, I mean , honestly. He can't. He does not have anything even resembling an NFL arm, even a bad NFL arm. Time to get serious here children.

Really? You're argument against Freeman is to use stats from a game in which he had less than two weeks to prepare as he started for a new team and that he got cut from a team with a two time Super Bowl winner as the starter who has never missed a game and a guy who the team drafted last year? Ok. Ha.

Everything doesn't have to be so absolute in these discussions. I know it's not as fun to realize you don't know it all, but how about, "Well, it would be a risk and I'd be concerned that there's something going on in his head, but he does have elite nfl skills so maybe worth a shot. At least he wouldn't be Tuel or Thad, who have never shown anything that resembles NFL success."

24-36 in the NFL as a starter is not showing anything that resembles NFL success is it? Thad had the same win loss percentage last year with the Bills 2-3.

Starting with the "Tebow wins games" nonsense, no he doesn't. The Broncos won games with Tebow under center because of their defense. Go back and look at the game logs and his stats. He was an awful starting quarterback. The NE Patriots system made Matt Cassel look like a top-10 quarterback in the NFL. His time there landed him his gig in Kansas City. What did Tebow do in the Patriots system? The answer is nothing. That's why he was cut. He wasn't good enough to be the backup to the backup. He couldn't learn anything from one of the best quarterbacks in this generation, nor probably the best coach. I would welcome back Vince Young or even Jamarcus Russell before I would want to see Tebow in a Bills uni. If he had one shred of talent, I would think otherwise. The problem is that he doesn't.