The all Tebow for the Bills thread

That's what Ive been saying from the start Dean. I think he deserves another chance, certainly as a backup, clearly on this team where you cant possibly tell me Lewis and Tuel give us a better chance to win, yet its unfortunate he's not getting that chance due to media concerns

NE is a safe place for him. Denver was a safe place for him,. Buffalo would be the circus the Jets had, but maybe worse. He's has plenty of chances.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Doug Whaley's decision since Mr. Wilson's passing are geared toward the current administration and coaches keeping their jobs. Obvious, right? Well, I think that means they have focussed on (1) winning, (2) improving talent, and (3) making sound decisions that would be respected around the league. The bosses swinging for the fences on Sammy was a calculated risk to 3 to achieve 1. I don't think they will step out of their comfort zone and risk being or looking foolish when it does little to help us win. Tebow will be a nonstarter. I thought going for Sammy was so awesome because it was that kind of out of the box--I don't care how it makes us look--decision, but then they come out and say they just want to "win" like every one else, not "win now." They are TOO CONCERNED about how they look, and the team really needs to do more to swing for the fences after a decade and a half! Tebow would be a good sign of unconventional thinking, especially if they built plays or packages for him. If anyone could help lead our team to old-fashioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust victories on the back of good defense it would be Tebow and our stable of running backs. Anyways.....

I think Doug Whaley's decision since Mr. Wilson's passing are geared toward the current administration and coaches keeping their jobs. Obvious, right? Well, I think that means they have focussed on (1) winning, (2) improving talent, and (3) making sound decisions that would be respected around the league. The bosses swinging for the fences on Sammy was a calculated risk to 3 to achieve 1. I don't think they will step out of their comfort zone and risk being or looking foolish when it does little to help us win. Tebow will be a nonstarter. I thought going for Sammy was so awesome because it was that kind of out of the box--I don't care how it makes us look--decision, but then they come out and say they just want to "win" like every one else, not "win now." They are TOO CONCERNED about how they look, and the team really needs to do more to swing for the fences after a decade and a half! Tebow would be a good sign of unconventional thinking, especially if they built plays or packages for him. If anyone could help lead our team to old-fashioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust victories on the back of good defense it would be Tebow and our stable of running backs. Anyways.....

Playing in tutus would also be a real sign of unconventional thinking.

But why in the world would Tebow be better at "old-fashioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust"? EJ throws the same short passes as Tebow and runs just fine. The key to this team is keeping EJ clean.

Anyways, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing left on this. Tried logic, humor, sarcasm... I'm out of ammo...someone tag me out.

Edit: I mean, welcome aboard.

You used THAT for your first post? Oh boy.

Edited by You herd it hear last

Anyways, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing left on this. Tried logic, humor, sarcasm... I'm out of ammo...someone tag me out.

I'm with you. Fortunately Doug W is too smart, and not desperate, enough to try a cheap stunt like this. Tebow will be 60 years old and people will still be clamoring for him to play somewhere.

Denver's defense sucked when Tebow was there. I think some of you are misremembering.

Besides, the kid had 18 TD's to 6 picks. In 11 games. Sure he had some stinkers (most QB's do) but if EJ went down, and we were trailing in the 4th, I'd rather throw Tebow out there than anyone else.

He had 5 4th quarter comebacks in 10 games. Don't we all slobber over EJ's 2?

Denver's defense sucked when Tebow was there. I think some of you are misremembering.

Besides, the kid had 18 TD's to 6 picks. In 11 games. Sure he had some stinkers (most QB's do) but if EJ went down, and we were trailing in the 4th, I'd rather throw Tebow out there than anyone else.

2011 Denver Broncos

5th in the AFC in total yards.

4th in the AFC in scoring

Try again.

OK.

One more shot at diplomacy.

Even IF all those things were acceptable. And you take away his LEGENDARY slow release out of the equation. And you take away the fact that the wildcat offense (which was a strength of his) fad is long gone.

You still have to convince all of us that the media ridiculousness that would inevitably follow his arrival would be worth it.

It just wouldn't.

I won't even bring up the fact that the whole religious tilt he brings peeves some people at best and is extremely polarizing at worse. oops. I guess I did mention it.

But seriously, where'd you get those numbers? NFL.com says they were 20th in points allowed and 22nd in Yards/game.

NFL.com 2011 team defenses.

BTW, using your "logic", Tebow must suck. Against the Bills in that game he tossed 3 ints and went 13-29 (a typical line for him).

Here's the NFL link (hope it works). You have to select "regular season" in the drop down.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=0011&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TOTAL_YARDS&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Edited by The Dean

OK.

One more shot at diplomacy.

Even IF all those things were acceptable. And you take away his LEGENDARY slow release out of the equation. And you take away the fact that the wildcat offense (which was a strength of his) fad is long gone.

You still have to convince all of us that the media ridiculousness that would inevitably follow his arrival would be worth it.

It just wouldn't.

I won't even bring up the fact that the whole religious tilt he brings peeves some people at best and is extremely polarizing at worse. oops. I guess I did mention it.

Is Tebow mania is worse than Rodak the Pats fan throwing us a media crumb every once in a while?

Personally, I believe the Bills irrelevancy combined with Tebow mania will result in a very happy medium of fair and equitable national coverage. Sort of an Unstoppable Force meets an Immovable Object scenario. Who knows what's at the end of that tunnel? Let's find out together.

And if Tebow's religion irks you, I'd work on improving yourself as a person. I'd root for a Pagan deity if he wore a Bills Uni and helped win games.

Edited by FireChan

I dont think not signing Tebow is smart or dumb, but it will look foolish to the rest of the league. I don't think the Bills will do it because of the non-football side of it. As for the football side, purely from an on the field football standpoint (Tebow would be a distraction) I don't know how anyone could think Jeff Tuel could be a better backup then Tim Tebow. Plus, Tebow could give us the opportunity to come up with some offensive packakges. As long as we have terrible quarterbacks, conservative offenses paired with good defense is the way to go. Limit the turn overs with fewer passes and play aggressive D. The strategy helped the Jets to two AFC title games. Tebow could be a part of that, maybe a small part, but why not try something, anything that goes against the grain. Tebow. No punts. Drafting 3 QBS every year. My son is 14 and has never seen a Bills playoff game that wasn't recorded!

NFL.com 2011 team defenses.

BTW, using your "logic", Tebow must suck. Against the Bills in that game he tossed 3 ints and went 13-29 (a typical line for him).

Is it possible that there were 15 teams better than them in the NFC? I just don't understand the discrepancy.

And no. Tebow threw as many picks against the Bills as he did all season. A total of 6. Like I said, he had some stinkers. Brady threw 4 against us. Does he suck?

Besides, that Wannstedt D was coached up to force turnovers, we all know that.

Is it possible that there were 15 teams better than them in the NFC? I just don't understand the discrepancy.

And no. Tebow threw as many picks against the Bills as he did all season. A total of 6. Like I said, he had some stinkers. Brady threw 4 against us. Does he suck?

Besides, that Wannstedt D was coached up to force turnovers, we all know that.

Hey just using your logic, on how the D looked against us.

Hey just using your logic, on how the D looked against us.

I looked it up, by the way. Denver defense had the 9th worst PPG allowed in the NFL. I believe there were 10 NFC teams ahead of them. Still, #23 is hardly a defense of legend.