Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

Is it just me or is it too convienent the the bids are due Monday before the home opener? Hoping for outstanding news this week

While I think it has more to do with making the agenda of the October owners' meeting, it is a pretty fortuitous date. Again, I'll be surprised if a bow is put on this thing before the end of the week. But I will no longer be "Shocked". It does seem as though they are really trying to move fast at this point.

It's hard to math in the NFL.

I'm simply not used to it being this late into the day without a cocktail. I better take care of that now.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jahbonas:

I suspect what happened is this. Wilson was fully aware and supportive of the restrictive non-relocation language that Erie Co and NYS wanted in the lease. He probably made that clear to Goodell and dispatched Brandon with marching orders to ensure the owners supported it. The owners, most likely, supported that language out of deference to Ralph and his place as one of the most senior owners.

After that, when they had discussions about the sale process, Ralph decided to structure the 4 member voting group that is in charge of selling the team with the 4 people he trusted the most, his wie, his niece, his financial guy and his lawyer. While it probably went without saying, I'm sure Ralph told each of them, make sure you don't sell it to anyone that wants to move it out of Buffalo.

It would be great, once the sale is over for Mary to share the story and the process they used to give Ralph the proper credit.

Jahbonas, I get what your issue is, did Ralph keep Bills in Buffalo or did Pegula, the easiest answer is BOTH.

Jahbonas:

I suspect what happened is this. Wilson was fully aware and supportive of the restrictive non-relocation language that Erie Co and NYS wanted in the lease. He probably made that clear to Goodell and dispatched Brandon with marching orders to ensure the owners supported it. The owners, most likely, supported that language out of deference to Ralph and his place as one of the most senior owners.

After that, when they had discussions about the sale process, Ralph decided to structure the 4 member voting group that is in charge of selling the team with the 4 people he trusted the most, his wie, his niece, his financial guy and his lawyer. While it probably went without saying, I'm sure Ralph told each of them, make sure you don't sell it to anyone that wants to move it out of Buffalo.

It would be great, once the sale is over for Mary to share the story and the process they used to give Ralph the proper credit.

Jahbonas, I get what your issue is, did Ralph keep Bills in Buffalo or did Pegula, the easiest answer is BOTH.

Good post and probably true. Plus Poloncarz gets a kudos. Pegula gets credit for doing what it takes to secure the deal but it was going to stay here with or without him.

Jahbonas:

Honestly, we didnt even need the lease. The NFL is not in the business of relocating teams. As long as there was a willing buyer and a new stadium the Bills were never leaving.

@BfloBizJimFink: High ranking sources confirmed to me that @BuffaloSabres owners Terry. & Kim Pegula made "an aggressive" bid for the @buffalobills.

Kim Pegula to The Trust: "Here's your motherf#$king bid, as#holes!"

Now that's an aggressive bid!

Just getting caught up...

At this point I don't know anything substantial to share.

I will say that the reports of the Toronto group's confidence don't really carry much weight for me.

As soon as I hear something I will post it here...that is if Kirby and/or Kelly don't beat me to it :lol:

Kim Pegula to The Trust: "Here's your motherf#$king bid, as#holes!"

Now that's an aggressive bid!

Would love to see her as controlling owner in the all boys club

Edit: I know there are other women listed as owners, I don't believe any are actively managing their teams as the owner.

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Would love to see her as controlling owner in the all boys club

Edit: I know there are other women listed as owners, I don't believe any are actively managing their teams as the owner.

How does that work with the 30%? They are going in as 50/50 so they are both controlling owners? Serious question.

I'm assuming them being married makes it hers if he passes but I would have to assume that both their names are on the bid for it to be hers immediately also.

Edited by The Wiz

Not sure, maybe, since they are married, they are both 100% owners and they simply designate who is controlling owner. In other words, they share 100% instead of each having 50%.

How does that work with the 30%? They are going in as 50/50 so they are both controlling owners? Serious question.

I'm assuming them being married makes it hers if he passes but I would have to assume that both their names are on the bid for it to be hers also.

Not sure, maybe, since they are married, they are both 100% owners and they simply designate who is controlling owner. In other words, they share 100% instead of each having 50%.

Gleason would have no part of it!

Gleason ?

Figured it was something like that. Just didn't know if he was going on 50/50 with her so they both are controlling owners (don't know if that's possible) as opposed to him buying the team with her mounted on his white horse with him.

Honestly, we didnt even need the lease. The NFL is not in the business of relocating teams. As long as there was a willing buyer and a new stadium the Bills were never leaving.

And yet Polancarz said that Brandon had push to to get the non-relocation clause past several unwilling owners. (Guess which ones?)

Gleason would have no part of it!

He's fine with Kim as long as she sticks with picking the drapes in the locker rooms.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Gleason ?

http://www.buffalone...regier-20140706

"It has come to my attention that Kim Pegula has taken a more aggressive role in daily operations of the Sabres over the past year. Apparently, she’s not just making sure First Niagara Center looks spiffy for events, as it appeared when she arrived.

She’s not making personnel moves or breaking down the power play, but I’m told she has a seat in hockey meetings and therefore has a say in hockey-related matters. If you’re shaking your head over that nugget, you are not alone.".

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Who gives a damn what Bucky thinks? How exactly is Kim any less qualified to know something about hockey than her husband? Does the lack of a penis somehow disqualify someone from having an insight into management, or sports management?