Round 3: Sale of the team

Beerball

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daniel kaplan@dkaplanSBJ 3m

Just heard from another finance source backing up SBJ report today that there will be Bills bids today from parties not identified in press

Some media members are starting to feel it. They want this team moved for the "excitement" and "novelty" (not to mention the controversy they could then write about).

Soon their fantasies will be crushed. All the "Bon Jovi is going to buy the Toronto Bills" BS you get on national sports boards from other NFL fans who only vaguely follow the Bills will end.

Some media members are starting to feel it. They want this team moved for the "excitement" and "novelty" (not to mention the controversy they could then write about).

Soon their fantasies will be crushed. All the "Bon Jovi is going to buy the Toronto Bills" BS you get on national sports boards from other NFL fans who only vaguely follow the Bills will end.

You might be right about this, but I don't get the vibe that too many in the mainstream sports media actually WANT the Bills to move. What I think we are getting from them is the desire to have an interesting storyline. They thrive on controversy---real or otherwise. The actual story of this sale is fairly boring.

I actually think its the boogieman and the monster under the bed that will be bidding against Pegula today.

Don't worry about the monster under the bed. He will stay away from this if he knows better, that thing is terrified of me.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 2m

Pegula bid is in. Trump bid is in. And I'm told the Bon Jovi/Toronto group is quietly confident it can pull off an upset.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 3m

Multiple bids submitted today for Bills. Trust's target price higher than $1 billion the Browns sold for in 2012 almost certainly to be met.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 5m

Pegula bid is in. Trump bid is in. And I'm told the Bon Jovi/Toronto group is quietly confident it can pull off an upset.

How would this even be possible (selecting a JBJ Toronto group over a Pegula bid) if in fact the trust was instructed to keep them team local?

This does not jive with what Bandit27 has been saying??

How would this even be possible (selecting a JBJ Toronto group over a Pegula bid) if in fact the trust was instructed to keep them team local?

Just because the Toronto group is confident, doesn't mean they are going to win. It's still Pegula's to lose.

Timmy tweeting that the JBJ group is "quietly confident it can pull the upset."

I'm quietly confident they can suck it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham 2m

Though some outlets have reported Golisano out of derby, other sources say still interested. Unsure if he bid today. Plays by his own rules.

What doesn't jive? A source saying the TO group is confident? Now if the report said a reputable source said the TO group bid was likely to win---THAT would not jive with what we know.

For what it's worth, if the TO group is "quietly confident" then I assume they have provided a rock solid commitment to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I still don't think they have a chance, even with that commitment.

Just because the Toronto group is confident, doesn't mean they are going to win. It's still Pegula's to lose.

They should not even be considered since they really cannot be trusted to keep the team in Buffalo. I dont care what they may sign.

What happens if JBJ offers 1.5 and Pegula offers 1.3?