Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

Guys, this is fun and all, but you do realize we're never going to learn a damn thing about what's going on here, right? Either the team is going to play well and everyone will get along, or they won't and heads will roll.

That's exactly why I believe the EJ pick was credited to Buddy and he made comments like "I'm going to draft my guy before I go". That gives Whaley a free pass in case the pick doesn't work out. He may have been 100% behind it or zero %, but this way it's safe regardless of how it turns out. No one would expect the guy to say "I hated the pick". I like Whaley and he looks well protected from a strategy standpoint on this pick.

A better option for HC and QB (should that become necessary) would be made easier by a relatively strong roster indicating a better chance of success.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been fights in every other camp. Yet the Bills are the only players that were treated "like kids" that does not go over well in the pros. Maybe in college that works, but not here.

Multiple players, respected vets included were reportedly unhappy with the camp practice schedule (According to Joe B). Not just FJax. Most notably having to practice after games.

Brian Billick "If you want to fight thats fine, just keep it under control. If you can't keep it under control, and you don't want to practice, we can just condition the rest of the time."

So more than one player is publicly complaining about the practice schedule in spite of Marrone, but aren't really complaining publicly? Just according to Joe B.? Gotcha.

Calm down everyone.. Whaley is just pissed Marone at his yogurt out of the fridge. He even wrote his name on it.. which is why he is so upset. :D

This situation has been well documented days ago. I guess Whaley just reached a boiling point. Ralph is cheap, and Marrone is gaining weight and stealing food.

http://www.dailymail...n-note-war.html

EDIT: I am an idiot, and typed the wrong weight/wait

Edited by Mango

I already responded to you...

Here it was...

We have no idea what it was about thats the problem, but it happened and there was evidence it did. The fact is Whaley, Brandon and Marrone have now had 2 highly animated discussions in the last week. Players are speaking out against Marrones practice schedule. They are talking back to the head coach. He made them run wind sprints to teach them a lesson like kids. Call it nothing if you want, but something does not seem right.

Missed your response the first time through. My apologies.

1. 2 highly animated discussion in one week = speculation compounded by speculation.
  2. Fred Jackson's quote was hardly as inflammatory as the media made it out to be. To my knowledge, nobody else said anything. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. Who talked about? Hughes. That's a pretty aggressive spin.
  4. They wouldn't stop fighting. And the ring leader of the fights was an UDRFA who's not going to make the team.

Putting a negative spin on each of these items hardly permits the platitudes.

Disagreements amongst leadership shouldn't come as a surprise at this point. They have set very high expectations and at the moment are not trending towards achieving them. Fortunately, they haven't played a game yet. Everyone has the same end goal in mind but may have a very different view on what it takes to get there.

They aren't a surprise, but what about shielding this sort of thing from the public view of the media? It's just a bad look.

I think this is closest. With new ownership coming in these guys have to feel tremendous pressure to win and win now. Couple that with the fact the Bills haven't exactly been looking good so far this preseason it's understandable that frustration levels must be rising at OBD.

Marrone is feeling the pressure and realizing that the offense is not where it needs to be.

If anything, Whaley has not shown himself to be a man of patience. If the offense stinks and he believes the OC is the main culprit, IMO, Whaley will make a move mid-season.

It's the NFL...no one's got much patience given the mandate to win ASAP. It's already too late for them to make a move for a starting QB, HC, OC, etc, so mid-season is way beyond the point of no return.

Branch who is gone now, so it's irrelevant.

Yep, he is. But they handed him 3.1M guaranteed in December and signed him for 4 years total. Not a big contract, but for them to sign a guy to decent money and then said player is cut after such a poor off-season. You would expect better from a NFL pro personnel department.

Yep, he is. But they handed him 3.1M guaranteed in December and signed him for 4 years total. Not a big contract, but for them to sign a guy to decent money and then said player is cut after such a poor off-season. You would expect better from a NFL pro personnel department.

So after having him on their roster for a year the Bills should have known he would skip out on all voluntary workouts and then show up to camp out of shape? Come on, man, I don't disagree with a lot of what you've written in this thread but that's stretching it. You should be more pleased about the fact they don't care about the money and dumped the guy after he disappointed them.

Why? He played well for three straight seasons, for more or the same money.

Well this is turning out to be one cluster !@#$ of a year and it hasn't started yet. Top LB and maybe top talent on Defense goes down with an ACL, we trade next years first for a WR when we don't have a QB to get him the ball, All the off the field issues with players, the sell of the team, etc.

You got Marone in my opinion losing the locker room, now he is going at it with upper management and to top it off.... we dont have a starting QB worth a **** and the backups are crap.

Can we trade Watkins to Cleveland for our first rounder back, because we might be picking first next year and can use a QB that the new GM, HC and owner will be choosing.

It's the NFL...no one's got much patience given the mandate to win ASAP. It's already too late for them to make a move for a starting QB, HC, OC, etc, so mid-season is way beyond the point of no return.

I think he was signed prior to Pettine leaving, and Pettine had him as a starter. Schwartz had him as a backup, and he lazy, and was getting outplayed by the other DT's. Compound that with the DUI and it made sense to cut him.

I think it is more on him that he seemingly signed a contract and then stopped trying. Maybe they should have been able to tell this would've happened, maybe they couldn't. Who knows.

Edited by What a Tuel

Can we trade Watkins to Cleveland for our first rounder back, because we might be picking first next year and can use a QB that the new GM, HC and owner will be choosing.

Yep, throwing another 1st round QB into the fire always works!

Anyone notice that many of the teams who drafted QB's are reverting to their veteran qbs rather than throwing their guy into the fire?

Cassel

Henne

Hoyer

Granted, the rookie may end up taking over at some point throughout the season. If Bridgewater was in Buffalo, and they said "We are starting Cassel over him", there would be riots.