Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a GM can't !@#$ up on the way out the door huh? Not as a FU to the organization who is pushing him out the door? I'd go back and look at John Butler's first round pick in 2000 before I went down that path.

I think you are lost. I think you are looking for the EJ sucks and Im gona tell you all about it thread.

My spidey sense is that it's not about the players but the play calling/offensive practice. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear Marrone is getting serious heat to either call plays in lieu of Hackett or to do a Turk Schonert. The play calling isn't getting the job done on the field and the offense keeps practicing the same crap that has shown it doesn't work when it counts.

That play calling in the first half was seriously the exact same ineffective crap we saw last year by Hackett. To his credit he did manage to run a few off tackle plays that were somewhat successful, aside from his constant up the middle runs that went nowhere. The object of the OC is to think up a game plan with plays that will actually work.

So a GM can't !@#$ up on the way out the door huh? Not as a FU to the organization who is pushing him out the door? I'd go back and look at John Butler's first round pick in 2000 before I went down that path.

John Butler was fired. Buddy Nix was retired. Much different scenario. The point is, the organization decided 2013 would be Buddy's last go-round as GM. And I highly doubt during the transition in the winter/spring of 2013 Buddy have significant input in who the HC and QB would be for the next GM. Buddy had no ill-will toward Brandon, unlike Butler who left under bad terms with RW.

Nice try. This is turning into a dumpster fire.

My spidey sense is that it's not about the players but the play calling/offensive practice. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear Marrone is getting serious heat to either call plays in lieu of Hackett or to do a Turk Schonert. The play calling isn't getting the job done on the field and the offense keeps practicing the same crap that has shown it doesn't work when it counts.

now that makes sense...but he has Downing and Hostler to call plays maybe

And we know how Rodak's wild speculation is ALWAYS shaded.

He did not speculate though. He said "Marrone and Whaley have animated discussion with Marrone having Choice words and Whaley throwing his arms in the air" Please tell me where the speculation is?

OK what if whaley and Brandon want the new kid to have a legitit shot to compeat for the starting job, and to put him on thursday for most of the game to see what he can do?

MAdness? Weell yeah but sure as H-E_double Hockey sticks be cause for an animated discussion.

clearly training camp is wearing out everyone. i hear JW was seen fighting with the podium in an empty press conference last night... odd.

Was the podium made by Jameson?

That depends on the subsequent discussions that most certainly will occur. Who knows what this is even about. It's all wild speculation.

What is clearly not speculation is that there are issues which Whaley and Marrone had a loud discussion about in public. I fully expect organizations to have disagreements between personnel but in private, behind closed doors.

Something smells and its not a bouquet of roses.

How can these guys not be thinking about how badly they neglected the QB position? They'll more than likely lose their jobs because of it, so it wouldn't surprise that they could be having heated discussions about it. Brandon is probably the only semi-safe one of the 3. I personally think they should've dumped Tuel instead of Thad. Can't see Tuel ever winning an NFL game.

What is clearly not speculation is that there are issues which Whaley and Marrone had a loud discussion about in public. I fully expect organizations to have disagreements between personnel but in private, behind closed doors.

Something smells and its not a bouquet of roses.

Fair point.