Bills Release Thad Lewis

I have to agree -- there's no way they can think it's acceptable to start the regular season with Tuel as the #2. No way.

I agree but unfortunately, I don’t see any way around it. I just don’t see someone coming in and learning the offense in less than 2 weeks.

Looks like Thad Fitzpatricked us. He played just good enough over a short period of time to make us think he was the real deal.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but unfortunately, I don’t see any way around it. I just don’t see someone coming in and learning the offense in less than 2 weeks.

Looks like Thad Fitzpatricked us. He played just good enough over a short period of time to make us think he was the real deal.

Yep Tuel is the backup

Lets hope EJ runs out of bounds and slides like feet first EVERY time he runs.

Thad wont be the last QB to Fitzs us, at least this time the Bills got rid of the mistake instead of signing him to a bigger contract.

That is progess in itself :wallbash:

After the way they botched the QB situation last year (letting Jackson go, bringing Kolb in) there is NO WAY some kind of trade or acquisition isn't imminent.

I'm not one to over-worry about who the backup QB is, but if it's Tuel, that'll make me over-worry.

Thad must have done zero work in the off-season. He had so much to build on from last year and he squandered his chance. I don't blame the Bills for cutting him. But the damn well better have a plan. And it better be a decent one.

Lets hope EJ runs out of bounds and slides like feet first EVERY time he runs.

Yep, I was just going to post that I hope Russ' sliding lesson after training camp was taken to heart by EJ.

Marrone's addition of a QB coach to the staff this year is really paying off. The progression we have seen in EJ, Tuel and Lewis is nothing short of remarkable, some might say miraculous. Cutting Lewis is a shocker.

Agreed. And don't forget the total meltdown of Alan Branch and Craig Urbik, and the possible non-improvement of EJ. Marrone's first offseason program was a total epic failure. Was anyone checking up on these guys?

Thad was dreadful last year, anyone who thought he played well is a nut case. Thad played in 6 games, started 5. He had 7 fumbles. League leader was 12. If Thad started every game he would have been over 20 fubles, he woudl have been close to doubling the league leader in fumbles last year.

Edited by Security

Thad was dreadful last year, anyone who thought he played well is a nut case. Thad played in 6 games, started 5. He had 7 fumbles. League leader was 12. If Thad started every game he would have been over 20 fubles, he woudl have been close to doubling the league leader in fumbles last year.

The rest of his numbers were comaprable to EJs. There was no dropoff when Lewis came in for him

Edited by Mr. WEO

Not having a number 1 pick next year really hand cuffs the Bills. It seemingly elevates the importance of the second and third round and fourth round picks. There really isn't a way the Bills can trade any of those three picks for a veteran who has actually extended NFL experience like Mark Sanchez or Matt Moore, or for a prominent back up like Mallet or Osweiller. If EJ is a stud this year it won't matter. But if he doesn't play better than last year, the Bills will be looking to use their second or third round pick on a QB. QBs picked in the second or third round (Dalton, Wilson) might come in and start in 2015, but that is not typical. If the Bills were to trade a second or third round for a stop gap, and then use the a second or third rounder for the next "QB of the future" in 2015, the Bills would be left with no third picks in the first three rounds, EJ, a stop gap, and a new development QB. That really couldn't happen.

Because of that dumpster diving for cuts, or guys already available like orton or tebow are really the only options. I think if EJ were to get hurt it would be more entertaining to watch Tebow try to do something than watching Tuel or Palmer. Triple option with Spiller, Jackson and Tebow (Fred has a better throwing motion than Tebow). Tebow could probably manage to throw to Watkins behind the line of scrimmage as well as the next guy.

The rest of his numbers were comaprable to EJs. There was no dropoff when Lewis came in for him

He fumbled at near twice the rate of the league leader in fumbles, turnovers are the most important part of playing QB, this is without a doubt a drop off.

Cutting Lewis and adding Palmer? I didn't think it was possible to make our QB roster even worse than it was a week ago...

As said before, this is another step. I hardly think they're done toying with the position.

They're in a tight spot now, considering what they didn't do between February and April, but at least they recognize the problem and aren't content to go into the season with the sad crew.