Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, Palmer has yet to take even one snap in his career in a regular season contest. He doesn't even merit a serious comparison to Fitz. The next time I see you make a thoroughly formulated, well reasoned post on TSW will be the 1st.

No need for that kind of talk.

Total nonsense. Palmer will be fortunate to make it past Saturday's cutdown to 53.

I disagree... unless they can wrangle away a Ponder or Schaub.

Unless he draws a crude image on the white board, I have to believe Palmer is making this team at this point.

I am having an alarming case of deja vu right now.

Shame on you, Mr. Whaley. This is like buying a snowblower just as the first snowfall is coming down two years in a row.

Palmer as #3 is fine with me, because that means he probably won't ever see the field, and will simply provide mentorship to EJ.

I'm still not enamored with the backup position. We really should have made moves at the beginning of the offseason, but that's no reason to not pursue avenues right now. Honestly, if we had EJ and two new QBs, I wouldn't really mind too much, so long as those QBs have more football experience and have proven themselves capable of coming in and winning a football game. (I'm insinuating here that Palmer has experience in the league but not in actual games) Tuel hasn't shown that... yet. I was hopeful that Thad would maintain the level he achieved last year, but I don't think the team can rely on him based on his performance this preseason.

IIRC, Palmer has yet to take even one snap in his career in a regular season contest. He doesn't even merit a serious comparison to Fitz. The next time I see you make a thoroughly formulated, well reasoned post on TSW will be the 1st.

Technically that's incorrect but you're close, he has thrown 15 passes in his career.

I'm not so sure this is the only move they make.

Palmer is useful for week one game planning but he is really not a better player than Baddeus or Fool. Better QBs will be available on the cut to 53 so you may see another move.

Whaley ignored the position in free agency and now with have to settle for Jordan Palmer, pathetic.

Who did you want? And which guy had a higher qb rating than Thad had last year (81)?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Thad for regressing. He looked to be about as solid as a backup as there was on the market.

This is an indictment of both the backup QBs, as well as the QB coach. These guys are full-on scrambling right now.

I thought earlier, half joking, that Todd Downing should be concerned about this signing. Palmer is a rising star in the coaching world.

Who did you want? And which guy had a higher qb rating than Thad had last year (81)?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Thad for regressing. He looked to be about as solid as a backup as there was on the market.

I was ok with Thad going into this year, he played well enough last year to be a backup. That being said, I still would have liked to seen us bring a vet in in the off-season; but Palmer should be fine. A vet guy to help EJ can't hurt.

EJ does deserve this year, my concern simply lies in what happens in 2015 if EJ doesn't make forward progress....

Someone should tell the FO bad preseasons don't matter.