Bills sign QB Jordan Palmer

FluffHead

We should have signed Drew Brees dammit!

Lol, seriously, I don't understand what people expected. I agree that buffalo shouldn't have baby gloved Manuel. A Rex Grossman type or even Carr whom could help mentor and give Manuel someone to ask questions and heed advice would be better in a way.

However, does anyone expect Aaron Rodgers to be part of the packers cuts and a future Buffalo Bill?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did you want? And which guy had a higher qb rating than Thad had last year (81)?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Thad for regressing. He looked to be about as solid as a backup as there was on the market.

What I wanted was to take one of the many QB prospects available in the mid rounds. That way, if EJ failed we would have a young QB, with potential who had already been in the system for a year. It is pretty much common sense, but yet again the Bills GM whoever it may be has to try and outsmart everyone, not realizing he is the dumbest person in the room.

EJ does deserve this year, my concern simply lies in what happens in 2015 if EJ doesn't make forward progress....

I know it's only preseason, but against Tampa, what did you think of EJ's forward progress when he trotted out-of-bounds to lock in an 8 yard loss in the red zone? As opposed to tossing the ball at the feet of anyone near him for an incompletion?

I am starting to really think he might have half a box of rocks in that helmet.

We could sign anyone with a pulse and they couldn't be worse than Thad or Tuel. Those two are as bad as it gets. Maybe Palmer is just as bad, but def not worse and can maybe mentor EJ a bit!

I assume you meant Arnie, and I agree that he would bring some moxie and a really good "compete" level to the QB room.

But his throwing mechanics are probably not even on par with a Fitzy double-cheeked 15-yard out pattern.

He's got a hell of a short game though.

I know it's only preseason, but against Tampa, what did you think of EJ's forward progress when he trotted out-of-bounds to lock in an 8 yard loss in the red zone? As opposed to tossing the ball at the feet of anyone near him for an incompletion?

Yea that was pretty terrible. All he had to do was throw it out of bounds past the LOS

I disagree. EJ is well aware of our red zone deficiencies, so he was trying to get us some more room.

I think that was a busted play or (heinously) a called run, and there were guys downfield that wouldn't allow him to just throw it out of bounds.

What I wanted was to take one of the many QB prospects available in the mid rounds. That way, if EJ failed we would have a young QB, with potential who had already been in the system for a year. It is pretty much common sense, but yet again the Bills GM whoever it may be has to try and outsmart everyone, not realizing he is the dumbest person in the room.

There have been a looooooooong list of mid-round QB failures. Tom Brady's & Russell Wilson's rarely happen. A mid round rookie QB does nadda zilch zero nothing for this team. Honestly he would be an even bigger waste is EJ fizzled because we would be wasting more years with the next Trent Edwards....

I'm wondering if the new PS rules have something to do with this. If Thad stays and Palmer is the #3 we can keep Tuel on the PS and still develop him if the coaches are insistent on it. No one is going to claim him if we cut him, IMO.

I think someone would claim Tuel, perhaps as a 3. Young guy, some in-game experience, including playing fairly well against KC.

For example, if I am the steelers, I cut Landry jones and make tuel my developmental 3.

I think someone would claim Tuel, perhaps as a 3. Young guy, some in-game experience, including playing fairly well against KC.

For example, if I am the steelers, I cut Landry jones and make tuel my developmental 3.

Except he's terrible. ;) Was terrible in college, benched as a senior, undrafted, was terrible last year, and more terrible this year. He's not big or strong or a good runner or have a great arm or shown to be a leader and least of all a winner. Who would possibly pick him up?

Except he's terrible. ;) Was terrible in college, benched as a senior, undrafted, was terrible last year, and more terrible this year. He's not big or strong or a good runner or have a great arm or shown to be a leader and least of all a winner. Who would possibly pick him up?

Like, terribler than Tuel terrible, or Craig Nall terrible?

100% correct. I can't see a single positive quality that he possesses. Not one.

Who did you want? And which guy had a higher qb rating than Thad had last year (81)?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Thad for regressing. He looked to be about as solid as a backup as there was on the market.

Personally I thought they should have drafted a developmental QB in the middle rounds. I mentioned Logan Thomas as a possibility pre-draft. He could have been had in the 4th I believe. There were obviously others to consider. While I don't know that he could help much this season I take the long term view here. Keep addressing QB until you're sure you're set.

Edited by BarleyNY

Technically that's incorrect but you're close, he has thrown 15 passes in his career.

Are you including the passes he threw for the UFL Sacramento Mountain Lions? Oops, sorry, he was a third stringer in a league I never knew existed (until now). Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the proverbial scrapings from the bottom of the quarterback barrel!