Clippers' annual season prediction 9-7 for sure

Yeah I do this every year. Yeah this is the right time. I like our slogan. Our time. But will it mean anything?

@Chicago Loss. Better Qb and home field 0-1

Host Miami Win. Our oline is better, our dline is better, we have home field. 1-1

Host San D. Loss. Better Qb 1-2

@Houston Win Better qb 2-2

@Detroit Win Based on my logic, they should win. They have better qb and home field. Gut pick. 3-2

Host Pats* Loss. They have a good dink and dunk qb. 3-3

Host Vikes. Win Homefield 4-3

@Jets Win. They have an ugly qb who sucks 5-3

Host KC. Win. Homefield 6-3

@Miami. Loss. They have better qb 6-4

Host Jets. Win. Homefield and our qb is better imo 7-4

Host Browns. Win. Better qb 8-4

Denver. Greatest qb of all time. Loss 8-5

Host GB Loss 8-6

@Raiders Win We have better everything 9-6

At pats * Loss. 9-7

8-8 No playoffs.

Agree or disagree? I'm getting back to my black label.

Super edit: I must have had too much whiskey. Im predicting 9-7. Lets hope this gets us a wild card

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

San Diego will be a win. West coast team travelling east for an early game. That is hard to overcome and San Diego's defense is awful. O-line is awful. Rivers is just a notch below a star but there are too many advantages for the Bills in this one.

Detroit is a winnable game. But if the offense can't stay on the field sooner or later Stafford, Megatron, and company will wear down the defense.

At Miami or Pats at home. If they win either of those it will come down to tie breakers for the playoffs. That makes the San Diego and Kansas City almost must wins. Without those they will not have a good enough record and not enough tie breakers.

Did any of you guys attend the game on Saturday? I can't look at any game on our schedule and think it's a win. We are going to have to fight to the end even against even the worst of these teams. 8-10 wins seems completely unrealistic at this point unfortunately

Yeah I do this every year. Yeah this is the right time. I like our slogan. Our time. But will it mean anything?

@Chicago Loss. Better Qb and home field

Host Miami Win. Our oline is better, our dline is better, we have home field.

Host San D. Loss. Better Qb

@Houston Win Better qb

@Detroit Win Based on my logic, they should win. They have better qb and home field. Gut pick.

Host Pats* Loss. They have a good dink and dunk qb.

Host Vikes. Win Homefield

@Jets Win. They have an ugly qb who sucks

Host KC. Win. Homefield

@Miami. Loss. They have better qb

Host Jets. Win. Homefield and our qb is better imo

Host Browns. Win. Better qb

Denver. Greatest qb of all time. Loss

Host GB Loss

@Raiders Win We have better everything

At pats * Loss.

8-8 No playoffs.

Disagree. More like 5-11. It's a bad Football Team. Leadership lacking, accountability on this team is a joke at best. Laughing stock as usual.

Before the first preseason game was played, I was optimistic about everything. Spikes and Rivers an upgrade to the run defense. Trading up for Sammy to get that offensive weapon that they just didn't have last year. Upgrading the offensive line with Williams. At this point, I just don't know. While the defense has looked fantastic, the offense looks pretty much as inept as they did last year. Is it EJ? His completion percentage is up marginally (6%) from last year to just under 63%. I can't say that's enough to support a wholesale improvement, but it's up. Is it Hackett? Play calling has been less than imaginative to say the least. Is it vanilla because it's preseason or is it just vanilla? I am no longer optimistic. I want to see a glimmer of hope offensively, and just haven't.

@Chicago Loss. Better Qb and home field

Host Miami Win. Our oline is better, our dline is better, we have home field.

Host San D. Loss. Better Qb

@Houston Win Better qb

@Detroit Win Based on my logic, they should win. They have better qb and home field. Gut pick.

Host Pats* Loss. They have a good dink and dunk qb.

Host Vikes. Win Homefield

@Jets Win. They have an ugly qb who sucks

Host KC. Win. Homefield

@Miami. Loss. They have better qb

Host Jets. Win. Homefield and our qb is better imo

Host Browns. Win. Better qb

Denver. Greatest qb of all time. Loss

Host GB Loss

@Raiders Win We have better everything

At pats * Loss.

8-8 No playoffs.

At this point I guess I can't see any fault in your logic except for maybe the Jests. From what I have seen, their D may well be very for real. The Bills O of this preseason would fail most heinously against it. And as far as QBs go Manuel may be better looking, I will leave that to others to decide :), but I can't say right now that Manuel looks to be the better QB than Smith. Plus their backup is better than anything the Bills have, hands down. The way things look right now, optimistically the best I can see is the Bills splitting with the Jests. But they could just as easily get swept if things stay as they are now. Which if you apply the split to your guesstimation, you come out with the dreaded 7-9.

Edited by CodeMonkey

San Diego will be a win. West coast team travelling east for an early game. That is hard to overcome and San Diego's defense is awful. O-line is awful. Rivers is just a notch below a star but there are too many advantages for the Bills in this one.

Detroit is a winnable game. But if the offense can't stay on the field sooner or later Stafford, Megatron, and company will wear down the defense.

At Miami or Pats at home. If they win either of those it will come down to tie breakers for the playoffs. That makes the San Diego and Kansas City almost must wins. Without those they will not have a good enough record and not enough tie breakers.

I dont know about San Diego... Rivers went 8-9 for like a 100 yards against the niners... I didnt see this game, but my sd fan coworker said they sd looked really good with the starters. That they sacked kap twice, a fumble, etc.

So I dont know about that one.

Detroit will be a win. Yeah I know that.

I'm saying 10-6, not sure which 10, but just 10. I would tka your 8-8 right now though probably and pit an end to the 9 year losing season streak. We gotta start somewhere.

6-10 would be horrible. I dont think we are that bad. 10 wins seems a little high.

Did any of you guys attend the game on Saturday? I can't look at any game on our schedule and think it's a win. We are going to have to fight to the end even against even the worst of these teams. 8-10 wins seems completely unrealistic at this point unfortunately

Did you see Sammy Watkins out there? That has to be taken into consideration.

Oline needs alittle time to gel too. That definitely has to be taken into consideration.

The secondary is a little suspect. Cant sugar coat that. However all defenses give up some yardage.

Our#1s looked very good against their #2s. They did, what can I say. What if our #1's looked bad vs their #2s.....?

Our dline is still a monster!!!! That will help for sure.

8-8 is very realistic.

So are you expecting three turnovers by our offense in the first half of every game this year? Cause yeah, that would be tough to come back from.

I really can't see 4-4 on the road for this team. They will not sweep of the Jets. Houston will be better than expected, that will be a rough game on the road.

I wont fight you about the Jets. I dont think they are as good as the media has them. Geno will go back to being ugly and just a bad qb. He has shown flashes of being bad again. I think he will never be a reliable #1. He's careless with the ball.

Anyway I really think we will win both games.

But I will fight about Houston. Fitzpatrick. Enough said.

At this point I guess I can't see any fault in your logic except for maybe the Jests. From what I have seen, their D may well be very for real. The Bills O of this preseason would fail most heinously against it. And as far as QBs go Manuel may be better looking, I will leave that to others to decide :), but I can't say right now that Manuel looks to be the better QB than Smith. Plus their backup is better than anything the Bills have, hands down. The way things look right now, optimistically the best I can see is the Bills splitting with the Jests. But they could just as easily get swept if things stay as they are now. Which if you apply the split to your guesstimation, you come out with the dreaded 7-9.

Getting swept by the Jets is not possible. Splitting ok. Not getting swept. Their defense is like ours. Nice dline suspect secondary. We have a good run defense. You really think Geno will beat us with the pass? He's careless.

I agree with your picks, with two exceptions: they'll lose one they should win (Houston?) and win one they should lose (Chicago?)...

You should have said *Pats. Brady will decline even more this year. We should lose to *pats* at home, but could beat them too. They run a lot. Our run d is better. Our pass rush is very good. Maybe a few turnovers go our way. He's not perfect.

Chicago will smoke us. It's in Chicago. That's not good. Their qb is better. Their wr corp is very good too. I dont know.

I'll go with recent history 6-10--Again and no first rounder next year....good times.

@Chicago Loss.

Host Miami Loss.

Host San D. Loss

@Houston Win

@Detroit Loss

Host Pats* Loss.

Host Vikes. Win

@Jets Loss

Host KC. Win

@Miami. Loss.

Host Jets. Win.

Host Browns. Win.

Denver. . Loss

Host GB Loss

@Raiders Win

At pats * Loss.

I wont fight you about the Jets. I dont think they are as good as the media has them. Geno will go back to being ugly and just a bad qb. He has shown flashes of being bad again. I think he will never be a reliable #1. He's careless with the ball.

Anyway I really think we will win both games.

But I will fight about Houston. Fitzpatrick. Enough said.

Getting swept by the Jets is not possible. Splitting ok. Not getting swept. Their defense is like ours. Nice dline suspect secondary. We have a good run defense. You really think Geno will beat us with the pass? He's careless.

I think the media is underselling the Jets. I think Geno beating the Bills with the pass is at least as likely as EJ doing so the other way, plus they have a 2d option at QB. Their front 7 is outstanding; will be hard to run on them and they will get to EJ. Sheldon Richardson might be the best player from the 2013 draft.

LOL @ Fitz. He will hold them back, but Houston won't be a doormat again this year.

You watch. Bills will lose to Fitz. It will be the apocalypse right here on this site. And for the record, I'll be way too mad about what I saw to come back and say I told you so.

Nah. Our front 7 will pressure him (or at least they better be able to) and that will be it. Low scoring game to be sure, take the under ;)

I'll go with recent history 6-10--Again and no first rounder next year....good times.

@Chicago Loss.

Host Miami Loss.

Host San D. Loss

@Houston Win

@Detroit Loss

Host Pats* Loss.

Host Vikes. Win

@Jets Loss

Host KC. Win

@Miami. Loss.

Host Jets. Win.

Host Browns. Win.

Denver. . Loss

Host GB Loss

@Raiders Win

At pats * Loss.

You have us getting swept by the Dolphins???? At first glance, they did appear better. But their oline is very suspect. That will make Tannehill struggle. I dont think they are as weak as a lot tbd dudes here, but I also dont think they are a strong team.

You have us getting swept by the Dolphins???? At first glance, they did appear better. But their oline is very suspect. That will make Tannehill struggle. I dont think they are as weak as a lot tbd dudes here, but I also dont think they are a strong team.

Tannehill seems like the next young QB to take the next step ala Dalton, their running game will be improved with Moreno(Lamar Miller stinks) and as for having a suspect OL....join the club.

Edited by billsfan714

We will get Amish Rifled and fail to preserve a small lead. Is that really too hard to imagine?

Yes. That is hard to imagine.

Tannehill seems like the next young QB to take the next step ala Dalton, their running game will be improved with Moreno(Lamar Miller stinks) and as for having a suspect OL....join the club.

Behind a bad oline, he will not show improvement.

Call me cynical, I predict we're 6-6 going into December. Then, we beat either Green Bay or Denver. Not that we should beat them, but we miraculously do. So now, we're 7-6, or 7-7, with high hopes. We then lose to Oakland and NE. No real reason for the prediction other than the fact that we can never straight up suck.

We haven't been able to score a touchdown against a first string defense with our ones. How can anyone predict an above .500 record and be taken seriously?

Pittsburgh's 2nd string defense stuffed our "best" weapons.

You watch. Bills will lose to Fitz. It will be the apocalypse right here on this site. And for the record, I'll be way too mad about what I saw to come back and say I told you so.

Shouldn't have let him go.

Edited by jmc12290

We haven't been able to score a touchdown against a first string defense with our ones. How can anyone predict an above .500 record and be taken seriously?

Pittsburgh's 2nd string defense stuffed our "best" weapons.

Shouldn't have let him go.

Everyone please relax. Ej has played as decent as his o-line has allowed him to. They will gel eventually now that Glenn is back.

Remember last year? 3 and out heaven. Well, now we are moving the markers. Just struggling to score the tds. If you move the ball, the scores will come. Relax everyone.

Plus, have we really seen Sammy yet? In a football sense, he has not been unleashed yet. Watch out Nfl once he is!!!

This is what preseason is all about. Work out the kinks and allow the team to be "game ready"

9-7 for sure. This is realistic.

You prefer Fitz over Ej? Wow. We already know Fit's ceiling. It's very low. Like midget low. Sky is still the limit for Ej.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl