Stevie Johnson Struggling to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers

WickedGame

SJ is an attention whore that had his moment in the sun and now it's over and I'm glad to see him and his drops fade into obscurity.

Says the guy with Doug Flutie as his avatar and username.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not directly but if our #1 WR last year is fighting for a #3 spot, it is pretty damning

Woods was our top WR by far last year. He's now battling to be the Bills #3.

SJ is no one's #1, and if he were on the Bills roster today he'd be #4 or #5.

That he's even competing for SF's #3 spot is a strong indication Bills WRs > 49ers WRs.

Looked like in the third preseason game, Patton was getting the #3 WR plays in the 49 game. Of course, in our third preseason game, Hogan was getting them over Woods, which will not be in the regular season, so they may just be seeing how Patton plays. he didn't do much. Now the second team is out there and Patton and SJ looked like they are the wideouts.

Stevie just lined up offsides that negated a completed pass. Never looked inside to see if he was lined up in neutral zone. Inexcusable. Meanwhile the #3 and #5 are making plays. ;) I like Stevie though.

Stevie just lined up offsides that negated a completed pass. Never looked inside to see if he was lined up in neutral zone. Inexcusable. Meanwhile the #3 and #5 are making plays. ;) I like Stevie though.

SJ had 1catch for 5 yards and no drops. He didn't play very much.

That he's even competing for SF's #3 spot is a strong indication Bills WRs > 49ers WRs.

You may debate this, but in my mind Woods is the #1 till the other Ws wrest it away from him in the regular season games.

I read the link.

There are two ways this thread could have been titled:

1) "Stevie Johnson Struggling to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers"

-or-

2) "Stevie Johnson Competing to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers"

I'm so sick of the SJ bashing. Get over it. I will almost always wish a former Bill well. Stevie Johnson's heart, mind, and spirit were always in the right place, and he did right by us during one of the worst periods in Bill's history-- a period we are still in.

We could use some of his bright, optimistic energy right about now, in fact.

I think the Bucs would be saying the same thing about Williams.

The 49ers QB play this preseason has been on par with the Bills. Watkins has impressed and looked the part of a #1 but until he does it in the regular season I think the 9ers WR are better than the Bills.

I read the link.

There are two ways this thread could have been titled:

1) "Stevie Johnson Struggling to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers"

-or-

2) "Stevie Johnson Competing to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers"

I'm so sick of the SJ bashing. Get over it. I will almost always wish a former Bill well. Stevie Johnson's heart, mind, and spirit were always in the right place, and he did right by us during one of the worst periods in Bill's history-- a period we are still in.

We could use some of his bright, optimistic energy right about now, in fact.

Some bashing for sure but I think the resounding point here is we all acted as if he was an elite WR and many were dismayed by his departure..... However evidence thus far suggests he wasn't as great as he seemed, just a bigger fish in a very small pond talent wise while here.

I too was surprised Patton even seemed to play over him in the last game.

Some bashing for sure but I think the resounding point here is we all acted as if he was an elite WR and many were dismayed by his departure..... However evidence thus far suggests he wasn't as great as he seemed, just a bigger fish in a very small pond talent wise while here.

I too was surprised Patton even seemed to play over him in the last game.

Fitzy and Stevie had something special.

If the 9ers do cut him, the Texans should sign him if they are really going to start Fitzy.

Every other QB in the NFL wouldn't know what to do with him. If you're not where they expect you to do be, why would an NFL QB ever throw you the ball.

If the 9ers do cut him, the Texans should sign him if they are really going to start Fitzy.

Every other QB in the NFL wouldn't know what to do with him. If you're not where they expect you to do be, why would an NFL QB ever throw you the ball.

I'm sure Fitz would be happy with that.

How do you know it wasn't Coach Gailey's offense that facilitated them to work together? Coach saw something in SJ and tweaked offense to take advantage of it.

How do you know it wasn't Coach Gailey's offense that facilitated them to work together? Coach saw something in SJ and tweaked offense to take advantage of it.

Well then if SJ is let go by the 49ers and picked up by Houston, we will have our test cases complete - Gailey+Fitz+SJ (Bills), Fitz by himself (Titans), SJ by himself (49ers) and then Fitz+SJ (Texans). While I realize the control variables are not accurate (the rest of the teams matter), they may give us an idea whether the combination of the three maximized the potential of each individual.

Edited by Fan in Chicago