Stevie Johnson Struggling to Secure #3 Spot with 49ers

WickedGame

Well then if SJ is let go by the 49ers and picked up by Houston, we will have our test cases complete - Gailey+Fitz+SJ (Bills), Fitz by himself (Titans), SJ by himself (49ers) and then Fitz+SJ (Texans). While I realize the control variables are not accurate (the rest of the teams matter), they may give us an idea whether the combination of the three maximized the potential of each individual.

I think Harbaugh is a WCO guy. Timing is critical, precise routes are everything.

I could be mistaken, but I think O'Brien may use the same Erhardt Perkins type system that Gailey implemented which is of course, one reason the Texans were interested in Fitz for his experience in similar system. If so, the lack of precise routes and the "beat your man, run to the spot" philosophy SJ thrived in with Gailey/Fitz may suit that system, whatever QB is tossing the ball. That said, I don't think we should totally overlook the "where is that guy gonna be?" factor as one aspect of Fitz' burgeoning INT rate in B'lo.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic