Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not trust Morgan Stanley at all. Most here seem to think that Pegs is going to obtain the team as a foregone conclusion. There is a lot of money at stake, now and in the future. The banks, which stand to finance the purchase of the team, a new stadium and other lucrative ancilliaries and the billionaire owners who have stakes in the profits are interested in putting our team in a more profitable location, whether or not we like it. I am loathe to say "wait and see."

It's really obvious that the Bills are worth more in Toronto or LA so this will have an

Effect on the final selling price. The team can't be sold to groups or individuals

Who have plans to move it. So hence less bidders and lower prices. I would be surprised

If it sold for more than a Billion dollars at this point because of all the restrictions.

If this was a open bid where the team could be moved I could see the price going

North of 1.5 Billion. But that won't happen thank god For Ralph and his for-site.

This has been an occasional misunderstanding on these boards for a while. According to the Non-Relocation Agreement (and I have read it), the team cannot be sold to a group with plans to move the team within the timeframe of the NRA. That does not preclude the sale to a group that plans to move the team after the NRA has expired.

I do not trust Morgan Stanley at all. Most here seem to think that Pegs is going to obtain the team as a foregone conclusion. There is a lot of money at stake, now and in the future. The banks, which stand to finance the purchase of the team, a new stadium and other lucrative ancilliaries and the billionaire owners who have stakes in the profits are interested in putting our team in a more profitable location, whether or not we like it. I am loathe to say "wait and see."

Morgan Stanley has very little say in the whole thing IIRC.

That part I bolded is exactly what I have thought was going on in the first place. They realize no one is going to shell out big bucks for a limited market. Look for the NFL to pay the 400 million fine just to be able to move them

They'll only have that chance if they end up winning the lawsuit. That's right, they would have to win the lawsuit BEFORE they pay the $400m to the county.

What do you think is happening during the time the suit is being litigated?

GO BILLS!!!

I doubt Pegula will finance any portion of the purchase. It'll be an all cash proposition.

GO BILLS!!!

This article reads like a spoiled little brat about to get his candy taken away. "Waaaaaaa!" "I WANT THE BILLS TO MOVE! Start over! Start over! Waaaaaaa!"

This guy (like many in the national media) really thought that the Bills would obviously be moved to Toronto or LA and looked forward to all the articles it would provide him. He could care less about how it hurts the community of WNY and Bills fans nationwide.

Now it's looking more and more like his little dream of seeing the Bills relocate is circling the drain, and he is whining and desperate. That's why the process is a "circus." It's just not FAIR that someone can't swoop in and move them!

Buffalo is going to keep its team and it just tears people like this guy up.

The writer's tears are tasty.

That part I bolded is exactly what I have thought was going on in the first place. They realize no one is going to shell out big bucks for a limited market. Look for the NFL to pay the 400 million fine just to be able to move them

You mean the same NFL that is now asking potential SB halftime acts to pay to play? I don't think there's a snowballs chance in h-e- double hockey sticks of that ever happening.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I doubt the validity of the article. The Bon Jovi/Toronto group's first bid was rejected because it was deemed too low, and the author is claiming their bid was the second highest (above Trump's bid). If that was the case, then why didn't Trump's bid get rejected as it's lower that Bon Jovi's?

I doubt the validity of the article. The Bon Jovi/Toronto group's first bid was rejected because it was deemed too low, and the author is claiming their bid was the second highest (above Trump's bid). If that was the case, then why didn't Trump's bid get rejected as it's lower that Bon Jovi's?

It was? And we know this how? We have no real information that I know of. Everything we hear is hearsay. So outside of some outlandish statements perhaps, most of the rest need to probably be considered as equal.