Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not good news at all and if this happens

As reported in the article

The best thing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could do right now is convince the Wilson trust to fire Morgan Stanley and start over. There is no economic reason why the Bills must be sold during the few months. Let the Wilson trust hire a banker that will not require potential bidders to sign an ultra-restrictive non disclosure agreements, so that people interested in buying the team could speak with each other and the NFL.

Then this could turn into a fiasco. With fresh bidders and a new way of getting a owner.

I already see the NFL trying to manipulate

This process. I warned everyone this is not

Over don't count your chickens before they hatch.

If the NFL wants the Bills in Toronto or LA

They will find away to do it. So if it ends up

That there will be no bidding anymore. That means the highest bidder doesn't matter the NFL

Will help find the right owner for the estate.

Too me this is bad news and a potential problem.

"The circus that has been masquerading as the sale of the Buffalo Bills has received three non-binding bids to date, each below $900 million, according to two sources familiar with the sale of the National Football League team. Both of these sources are not directly involved in the sale as of yet."

Are these sources any better than the other sources reporting different numbers?

And, more to the point, do we care - as long as a Buffalo loyalist wins the bidding?

I don't see why this writer keeps insisting on conflating the sale of the Clippers with the sale of the Bills. I also get the feeling he's not as well informed as he lets on.

GO BILLS!!!

For someone who's a supposed expert on sports franchise finances, he's got a lot of basic facts wrong about the sale process. It wasn't Morgan Stanley that decided on a quick sale and it isn't Morgan Stanley that's dictating the tough bidding terms.

I don't see why Mary Wilson doesn't just fire Morgan Stanley. Get a lawyer or Banker

And Negotiate the sale with Terry Pegula. Just simply say the Bills are for sale for

1.2 Billion and let's get the deal done. Why pay Morgan Stanley 50 Million

To do this for you. They've screwed the whole process up with leaks and

Manipulation. This really is a circus.

For someone who's a supposed expert on sports franchise finances, he's got a lot of basic facts wrong about the sale process. It wasn't Morgan Stanley that decided on a quick sale and it isn't Morgan Stanley that's dictating the tough bidding terms.

Yep. Good points.

Not surprised they are calling in a circus. During one of our pre-season games, one of the talking heads said that Trump offer to pay $1 billion in cash, I guess that was just Trump posturing and not a real offer?

Donald Trump would never do something like that just for media attention.

Buffalo Rumblings did a great interview with John Wawrow of the Associated Press. In that interview, John stated that if Terry Pegula were to win the bid, that he could possibly overpay for the Bills (like he did when he bought the Sabres) and bid at $1.11B, which would still make the sale the highest in the NFL. John also stated the Bills could be sold at $950M, so if the reports from Forbes are correct, then the final bid could be around $950M.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2014/8/19/6044337/john-wawrow-associated-press-buffalo-bills-sale-training-camp

In regards to the guy writing for Forbes, he wrote earlier in the year that it was a no-brainer for the Toronto group to bid $1.2B and move the team to Toronto as Toronto is a growing city, so it’s apparent this guy is not knowledgeable in football and don’t take what he writes seriously.

how well connected is this guy who penned this article? i do not know. But reading it closely there is again unnamed sources and

Speculation.

looking forward to Tim Graham and his unnamed but sources close to the situation too chirp in.

as fans who cares what the team sells for as long as it remains in Buffalo? it will go for market value regardless

What some chump at Forbes values it at.

Edited by Best Player Available