Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the guy writing for Forbes, he wrote earlier in the year that it was a no-brainer for the Toronto group to bid $1.2B and move the team to Toronto as Toronto is a growing city, so it’s apparent this guy is not knowledgeable in football and don’t take what he writes seriously.

this is when I discovered Ozanian and he lost all credibility with me. He basically said that Toronto will pay the most, $1.2 billion and move the team. No brainer.

Then when people commented mentioning the lease and the NRA... as well as Pegula, he pulled a Graham/Harrington twitter act talking down to everyone dismissing facts, he is the writer, he knows all.

Edited by May Day 10

It's really obvious that the Bills are worth more in Toronto or LA so this will have an

Effect on the final selling price. The team can't be sold to groups or individuals

Who have plans to move it. So hence less bidders and lower prices. I would be surprised

If it sold for more than a Billion dollars at this point because of all the restrictions.

If this was a open bid where the team could be moved I could see the price going

North of 1.5 Billion. But that won't happen thank god For Ralph and his for-site.

I don't see why Mary Wilson doesn't just fire Morgan Stanley. Get a lawyer or Banker

And Negotiate the sale with Terry Pegula. Just simply say the Bills are for sale for

1.2 Billion and let's get the deal done. Why pay Morgan Stanley 50 Million

To do this for you. They've screwed the whole process up with leaks and

Manipulation. This really is a circus.

I'm sure Pegula will be on board with that. I can see the look on his face when the trust says, hey you're winning the bidding process at $890, do you want to pull that bid and buy the team for 1.2 billion?

This is not good news at all and if this happens

As reported in the article

The best thing NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could do right now is convince the Wilson trust to fire Morgan Stanley and start over. There is no economic reason why the Bills must be sold during the few months. Let the Wilson trust hire a banker that will not require potential bidders to sign an ultra-restrictive non disclosure agreements, so that people interested in buying the team could speak with each other and the NFL.

Then this could turn into a fiasco. With fresh bidders and a new way of getting a owner.

I already see the NFL trying to manipulate

This process. I warned everyone this is not

Over don't count your chickens before they hatch.

If the NFL wants the Bills in Toronto or LA

They will find away to do it. So if it ends up

That there will be no bidding anymore. That means the highest bidder doesn't matter the NFL

Will help find the right owner for the estate.

Too me this is bad news and a potential problem.

That part I bolded is exactly what I have thought was going on in the first place. They realize no one is going to shell out big bucks for a limited market. Look for the NFL to pay the 400 million fine just to be able to move them

It's really obvious that the Bills are worth more in Toronto or LA so this will have an

Effect on the final selling price. The team can't be sold to groups or individuals

Who have plans to move it. So hence less bidders and lower prices. I would be surprised

If it sold for more than a Billion dollars at this point because of all the restrictions.

If this was a open bid where the team could be moved I could see the price going

North of 1.5 Billion. But that won't happen thank god For Ralph and his for-site.

Why can't it? Again if a multi billionaire or the NFL wants to push the issue they can get the lease busted in court and or pay the 400 mill fine.

Huh?

What part of this is hard? If the NFL really wants them out of Buffalo they can agree to pay the 400 million fine for breaking the lease.

Ya know, I still get PO'd at the lack of interest and the lack of concern when the Jags sold for 780 million a couple of years ago, but the Bills value is suddenly the most important and interesting thing going on for the NFL.

It is because of the $2B price tag for the Clippers. If this fiasco had not occurred the Bills situation would get much less scrutiny.

Why can't it? Again if a multi billionaire or the NFL wants to push the issue they can get the lease busted in court and or pay the 400 mill fine.

What part of this is hard? If the NFL really wants them out of Buffalo they can agree to pay the 400 million fine for breaking the lease.

Um, I cant tell you how off base this is. Living outside of Buffalo, many higher ups in the NFL want Buffalo to be in Buffalo. I don't know where that idea comes from, besides from being a bit of an inferiority complex.

Edited by CountDorkula

You serious? Wow. I don't even know how to respond, but I'll say this, the NFL is not going to pay for a team to move. And secondly why would the NFL care? If you weren't aware, the NFL is ALREADY making money in EVERY single TV market in the USA and in Canada.

If not for the lease terms and the opposition from fans and the political firestorm it woukd ignite, one of those LA guys the Buffalo news mentioned last week that kicked tires would have paid well over market price and won. The lease is what is keeping the price low.

If not for the lease terms and the opposition from fans and the political firestorm it woukd ignite, one of those LA guys the Buffalo news mentioned last week that kicked tires would have paid well over market price and won. The lease is what is keeping the price low.

Speaking of LA, wait till the $2B check for sale of clippers clears in sterling's account. I see him swooping in and taking this thing with a $2 billion all cash offer

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

the team was valued at $800 something million. why would they expect their initial non-binding bid to be more than that? greedy

they will still probably get $1 Bil when all is said and done. I think they would be lucky to get that given the terms of the lease and the preferences of the trust. Not sure why anyone would think the Buffalo Bills should cost more than the Miami Dolphins PLUS a stadium (Dolphins plus their stadium sold for 1.1 Bil, we only lease ours)

Speaking of LA, wait till the $2B check for sale of clippers clears in sterling's account. I see him swooping in and taking this thing with a $2 billion all cash offer

Sterling is a racist and has Alzheimer's, you must be joking