Dennis Dixon...let him run with the 2's next week!!!

Alphadawg7

Can we please give Dennis Dixon a chance to run with the 2's in the next preseason game???? Is he our savior...most likely not. However, Thad and Tuel have not been very consistent and didn't do a whole lot last year either. Dixon is interesting because he was a top prospect who got hurt his last year and hasn't has an opportunity really in the NFL because of where he was at.

Dixon was a very intriguing prospect coming out of college who was stuck behind Big Ben. He did a decent job as a young QB filling in a couple spots for Ben. Then he was buried in Philly behind Vick, Foles, and Barkley before he came here. We have kept him around this long, lets give the kid a shot with the 2's in preseason and see if he's got something to offer because Thad and Tuel aren't exactly building a lot of faith here.

Plus Dixon has a style that fits our offense...lets see if he has the ability to execute it better than Thad or Tuel. I actually think Dixon could out play them if he was given the opportunity.

Hasn't Dixon had a pretty forgettable camp so far? I'm all for looking at a potential upgrade at backup QB but I don't think scraping the bottom of the barrel will get us anywhere either.

I'd rather see which QBs start getting cut. Still think it's pretty unlikely that we bring in another arm anyway. We're probably stuck with what we have which is scary on several levels.

It's kind of a catch 22 for these guys way down the depth chart. You need reps to get good. You don't get more reps if you show nothing. Makes it very hard to breakthrough, especially if you are rusty, inexperienced, etc.

It's kind of a catch 22 for these guys way down the depth chart. You need reps to get good. You don't get more reps if you show nothing. Makes it very hard to breakthrough, especially if you are rusty, inexperienced, etc.

Yeah, nature of the game...thats why I think we should just give him some good reps with the 2's and see if he can take advantage and get his name in contention. Letting him twist at the end isn't going to tell you anything about him...I doubt he gets the reps, but they should given Thad and Tuel haven't done much to feel good about. I don't expect him to be our savior, but would like to see if he can at least make the back up job competition more interesting

I’d rather those reps go to a player that may actually see the field during the regular season since it’s obvious both Thad & Tuel need all the work they can get. If Dixon hasn't shown anything in practice, why put him in a game when it means taking reps away from a guy that really needs them?

I am fairly certain that we’re not bringing anyone else in unless there is a really surprising cut from another team. Gotta make the best of what we’ve got.