Anybody else digging the new point after TD rule?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't matter because it ends tonight. Only for 1st two weeks of preseason.

though we know there were two missed PAT. Last season I believe there were three missed all season. I would say it is likely to get adopted.

I'd like to see them move the 2 point conversion to the 1 yard line.

The rule also eliminates the Chip Kelly line up wide formation.

I like it. I don't like Belicheat's idea of placing the ball at the 25, but the 15 seems about right. No longer automatic.

Is there a chance they could institute it this season?

Don't think so. But they do test out things for future years. The poster who said "it doesn't matter because it ends tonight" is wrong. If the NFL deems it a success it might return for real next year.

I like it. I don't like Belicheat's idea of placing the ball at the 25, but the 15 seems about right. No longer automatic.

Don't think so. But they do test out things for future years. The poster who said "it doesn't matter because it ends tonight" is wrong. If the NFL deems it a success it might return for real next year.

I thought I heard one of the announcers last night say something like: this was the last week in the preseason they would be doing this, but they would decide in the next couple of weeks if they are going to go with it during the regular season.

That seems like too quick a time scale for the NFL, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard them say.

I thought I heard one of the announcers last night say something like: this was the last week in the preseason they would be doing this, but they would decide in the next couple of weeks if they are going to go with it during the regular season.

That seems like too quick a time scale for the NFL, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard them say.

I believe the vote is for the regular season, next year. but I could be wrong.

NO! its stupid. get rid of the extra point all together unless you want to go for two

So get rid of the automatic 1 point and make 2pt conversions the norm?

I think the move has been good but at the same time it doesn't give a team the option of faking it. Faking from the 2 is a bit easier than faking from the 15.

From a percentage stance it changed from 99.5 to 95. Not a big drop but that's about 4 times per weekend from what I've read.