Kelly has spoken to JBJ about joining forces

FluffHead

WGR and Dan Cave writer are reporting this even though Jill Kelly is saying this is untrue on her twitter account. Anything for a article. I am close to never reading WGR and Tim Graham ever again. Why would you not vet this story from Jim Kelly himself. Why give credibility to Bon Jovi or hurt the Kelly name. This story should have been held till Kelly spoke or confirmed!!!!

Not the way media works. Totally unrealistic.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR and Dan Cave writer are reporting this even though Jill Kelly is saying this is untrue on her twitter account. Anything for a article. I am close to never reading WGR and Tim Graham ever again. Why would you not vet this story from Jim Kelly himself. Why give credibility to Bon Jovi or hurt the Kelly name. This story should have been held till Kelly spoke or confirmed!!!!

Kelly is going to deny it either way. He has nothing to gain at this point as that group has virtually no chance. I believe this story 100%.

Hunter's Hope foundation is a huge endeavor that Kelly is indeed an executive. Those management and organizing skills could be translated to an NFL front office.

Please, he along with his brother was also an executive in Kelly Enterprises , the corporation that bankrupted a bar/restaurant.

he is not an executive that could be tasked with say making final personnel calls, I just don't see the talent there. I like the man

But Look at him as more like a prop for ownership, and the league. That is fine. But an executive I do not see the talent

Or experience. i wish him the best and hope he gets something here.

FWIW, I believe Tim Graham on this. Kelly has very large demands and shopped his services around. JBJ needs him more than anyone else. Now that it looks like JBJ has no chance Kelly is denying it to not look like a traitor.

Guys i really dont hold this against Jim Kelly

- I dont believe he would back anyone wanting to move the team

- I think he really wants to be a part of the organization going forward

- For those saying "why not team with Pegula?" well.....maybe Pegula doesnt want Jim making football decisions? Maybe they dont get along the best

There is no reason to come out of this hating Pegula OR Jim Kelly on this.

Listen, if I were JBJ and I needed to link my name with anyone in hopes of getting a whiff at the team who other than Kelly's name would I put out there! Jim Kelly and family are Buffalo personified and I'd doubt very seriously if they would hook up with a group that has intentions of moving the Bills! Nice try JBJ!!

Listen, if I were JBJ and I needed to link my name with anyone in hopes of getting a whiff at the team who other than Kelly's name would I put out there! Jim Kelly and family are Buffalo personified and I'd doubt very seriously if they would hook up with a group that has intentions of moving the Bills! Nice try JBJ!!

This may sound CRAZY but maybe (just maybe) JBJ and company were going to keep the team in WNY after the realized that they couldn't win if they were moving them? I know that no one wants to believe that (except for like 3% of us). Kelly obviously won't have anything to do with moving the team. If JBJ was ever to have a chance it was going to involve a firm commitment to WNY. What better way to get back in the good graces of Bills fans than to team up with its favorite son? For the 75,000th time Toronto was never an option!!!!!!

Discussed is a loose term. This is Tim Graham's attempt at click bait.

Knowing the backlash, This is probably Tim Graham's way of getting back at Kelly for not giving him any access and giving it all to ESPN.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm inclined to believe this report. TG sounds awful confident here. And JK is seeming fairly desperate in latching onto a bid here. I wonder if Jimbo has signed a NDA because doesn't it forbid people from discussing the bid with other bidders? I know JBJ must've signed it. And is it normal for these sales to develop into a circus-like atmosphere?

This may sound CRAZY but maybe (just maybe) JBJ and company were going to keep the team in WNY after the realized that they couldn't win if they were moving them? I know that no one wants to believe that (except for like 3% of us). Kelly obviously won't have anything to do with moving the team. If JBJ was ever to have a chance it was going to involve a firm commitment to WNY. What better way to get back in the good graces of Bills fans than to team up with its favorite son? For the 75,000th time Toronto was never an option!!!!!!

This.

And I could see them pushing for a Niagara Falls, NY Stadium in five to seven years

I still am a huge Pegula Fan.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Not to diminish a worthy organization, but this is not a huge endeavor:

http://www.huntersho...pdf?docID=15008

I was not necessarily speaking of a financial endeavor as much an organizing one. And those skill can/could be applied to other ventures.

Please, he along with his brother was also an executive in Kelly Enterprises , the corporation that bankrupted a bar/restaurant.

he is not an executive that could be tasked with say making final personnel calls, I just don't see the talent there. I like the man

But Look at him as more like a prop for ownership, and the league. That is fine. But an executive I do not see the talent

Or experience. i wish him the best and hope he gets something here.

There are different positions of executive positions in organizations. I do not think he would be offered anything of the like. I was just stating that he has executive experience as the initial post stated he had none. I wasn't arguing how or if they could/would be used.

All that stated, its pretty evident that whatever JK claimed to have in place was never there. That alone would give me pause as far as whether to add him to a group I was in.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

The article doesn't say Jim wants to move the team with JBJ, it says JBJ's people called Jim about teaming up. Tim Graham confirmed this on twitter. Jill Kelly doesn't dispute the article, but only says that Jim won't be part of moving the team. That being said, JBJ may be trying to get Jim on board to keep team in Buffalo. We are all assuming JBJ is moving (and he likely is....but..) So let's not attack Tim for reporting from his sources. The readers are making the conclusions. Also, say what you want about Tim Graham, but he's probably the best sportswriter at the BN and has a lot of good national contacts and is well respected in the industry.