Kelly has spoken to JBJ about joining forces

FluffHead

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put this in the other thread but despite what many want to believe JBJ's desire to own a team is greater than his desire to own a team in Toronto. This isn't surprising. JBJ would have been wise to partner with Gundlach and Kelly from the start. The surprising part to me is the demands of the Kelly's.

I put this in the other thread but despite what many want to believe JBJ's desire to own a team is greater than his desire to own a team in Toronto. This isn't surprising. JBJ would have been wise to partner with Gundlach and Kelly from the start. The surprising part to me is the demands of the Kelly's.

Final say on football decisions? Really?

@HJKforever: Quick update on all the Jim ownership rumors. The things that you are being told by @ByTimGraham and the media are NOT ACCURATE!

@ByTimGraham: Member of the Kelly family told me if I ever asked him about Jeffrey Gundlach he would deny knowing him. So this doesn't surprise me.

Edited by FluffHead

@HJKforever: Quick update on all the Jim ownership rumors. The things that you are being told by @ByTimGraham and the media are NOT ACCURATE!

@ByTimGraham: Member of the Kelly family told me if I ever asked him about Jeffrey Gundlach he would deny knowing him. So this doesn't surprise me.

Thank you! :o)

Re-reading Graham's article, it's pretty apparent that what happened was someone from JBJ reached out to the Kellys. I would love to know Graham's source for "Kelly is considering the possibility" of teaming with LBJ--it's probably really speculative, like, JBJ left a VM with Jim Kelly and hasn't heard back yet.

Re-reading Graham's article, it's pretty apparent that what happened was someone from JBJ reached out to the Kellys. I would love to know Graham's source for "Kelly is considering the possibility" of teaming with LBJ--it's probably really speculative, like, JBJ left a VM with Jim Kelly and hasn't heard back yet.

Reading into Graham's tweets at Jill Kelly, looks like Dan Kelly may be one of his sources.

Reading into Graham's tweets at Jill Kelly, looks like Dan Kelly may be one of his sources.

I actually took that tweet to mean that Dan is doing things that Jim/Jill might not have full knowledge of. I find it hard to believe the Kelly group could be so tone deaf as to even allow the appearance of a discussion with Bon Jovi's group. It's madness.

Edited by purple haze

It was reported quite awhile ago that various potential bidders were contacting Kelly--- it wouldn't be surprising in the least that Bon Jovi or Golisano had discussions with Jim at some point. Simply having conversations about a team up doesn't really say much.

WGR and Dan Cave writer are reporting this even though Jill Kelly is saying this is untrue on her twitter account. Anything for a article. I am close to never reading WGR and Tim Graham ever again. Why would you not vet this story from Jim Kelly himself. Why give credibility to Bon Jovi or hurt the Kelly name. This story should have been held till Kelly spoke or confirmed!!!!

FWIW, I believe Tim Graham on this. Kelly has very large demands and shopped his services around. JBJ needs him more than anyone else. Now that it looks like JBJ has no chance Kelly is denying it to not look like a traitor.

Honestly, what does Kelly bring to the table other than name recognition?

he is not that wealthy, to have any significant cash to toss in the deal. he is not a football coach, never has been an executive. really never in the pro game since retirement. he has a great camp for kids but..........

he is not like Elway who

Brings a lot to the table as an executive. i thought months ago Kelly and Trump were going

To partner? Was there ever a "Kelly group" other than dreaming about it?

he is not that wealthy, to have any significant cash to toss in the deal. he is not a football coach, never has been an executive. really never in the pro game since retirement. he has a great camp for kids but..........

he is not like Elway who

Brings a lot to the table as an executive. i thought months ago Kelly and Trump were going

He lends the credibility to the team staying in WNY. They need him the most. If you count Gundlach too then they are bringing money.

he is not like Elway who

Hunter's Hope foundation is a huge endeavor that Kelly is indeed an executive. Those management and organizing skills could be translated to an NFL front office.

Hunter's Hope foundation is a huge endeavor that Kelly is indeed an executive. Those management and organizing skills could be translated to an NFL front office.

My guess is that his role would be as an ambassador. Lots of teams have legends do that. He wouldn't be making any business decisions. He would be glad handing high rollers and doing events for the team. Edited by Kirby Jackson