Whaley: 'Nobody has called Bills about Spiller'

qblax16

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so the Browns GM When asked if Hoyer is on the trading block/ going to be traded. "No absolutely not". Why not just say that. To me there is too much talking there. Trying to cover up something.

Because every player on our team is up for trade for the right price. For CJ that's a very high price (I hope). So unless someone offers that, he's not up for trade.

This is so TBD, to take one of our best guys and then find a few holes in their game and declare that a couple of mid level draft picks would serve us better (somehow).

All I heard last week was he couldn't run up the middle and then the first play of the game vs the Panthers he runs for 15 yards up the middle.

You don't win by getting rid of good talent for something that might or might not be better next year. Stop playing for next year. Use him this year and try to get to playoffs. If he wants to move on next year, not biggee. There are always RBs available in FA. Saints do a pretty good job of getting theirs that way.

Agreed. It's like we move from player to player and act as if our team is too good for said player.

It's obnoxious. Trading Spiller is a bad idea, and releasing him next year isn't great either, I do not want to see him on another team, god forbid a division rival who may utilize him properly and make us sorry.

Edited by What a Tuel

Agreed. It's like we move from player to player and act as if our team is too good for said player.

It's obnoxious. Trading Spiller is a bad idea, and releasing him next year isn't great either, I do not want to see him on another team, god forbid a division rival who may utilize him properly and make us sorry.

IM with you. I just hated Whaleys response to the question that is all. I think trading spiller is a terrible idea. I think he could be had on a Reggie BUsh type deal. 4-5 years at $16-20MM. I'd do that all day.

Most on the board seem to forget how many injuries this team had last year.

NEWSFLASH: Good teams have tons of depth

The 49ers, Saints, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, all have 2/3 good tailbacks that can have 20 carries a game

Now the Bills do too and you want to trade them away for a 4th round pick?

Even if you dont plan on moving the guy, doesnt mean you dont still want the phones to ring. Hes doing what every good GM would be doing. Worst case scenario, somebody offers you something you dont like, and you say no.

I am going to get a job with At&t and make sure the phones don't ring then.

Whaley will not even be able to dial out.

I hope that they don't trade CJ, in fact I hope they re-sign him to a deal after this season. But if they do trade it better be for a 1st round pick. If the Browns can get a #1 for Trent Freakin Richardson then you better not settle for less than that.

true, but don't you think he'd have a stronger reaction if asked whether Kiko was on the block? Sammy? Gilmore? Woods?

No. He can say "they are not on the block" which is what Whaley said, in different words. It would be sensationally stupid for any GM to categorically state Player X will NEVER be traded. Trying to nit pick his statement is something I don't really care to do. He left no doubt they are not currently talking with any team about a trade. That's good enough. EVERY player is up for trade if the price/circumstance is right.

I hope that they don't trade CJ, in fact I hope they re-sign him to a deal after this season. But if they do trade it better be for a 1st round pick. If the Browns can get a #1 for Trent Freakin Richardson then you better not settle for less than that.

When the Richardson trade was made someone should have said: "Go home, Irsay...you're drunk."

It's like people just want to read the things that they want to see and not read the things that they don't want to see.

The full quote is as follows:

"We have not been contacted by any team about C.J. Spiller," Whaley said. "These rumors are news to me, and it's exciting for you guys I guess because it gives you something to fill the newspaper with. You know I'm a straight shooter. We have not been contacted by any teams." "I can probably see where people see our depth at running back and try to connect the dots with teams that don't have depth, but again, no one has talked to us," Whaley said.

Ah. I see. Even the blind can see it now! Whaley DID contact all 31 other GMs. But they said nothing and hung up on him. :ph34r:

Spiller may move on after 2014 and Whaley has shored the position up. They want to see the year play out.

That said, Spiller is not going anywhere now. The Watkins trade assumed they were giving up a draft pick in the 20s. They are not following that up with a trade of Spiller for a future pick. Nonsensical.

Spiller may move on after 2014 and Whaley has shored the position up. They want to see the year play out.

That said, Spiller is not going anywhere now. The Watkins trade assumed they were giving up a draft pick in the 20s. They are not following that up with a trade of Spiller for a future pick. Nonsensical.

Look. If something happens between now and next season, where:

the Bills lose a player where they have minimal backup

Spiller's contract talks aren't going well (that will have to wait until he gets an agent, but he says that will be soon)

A team who needs a RB has a player they can spare at a position the Bills need---or a high draft pick

a trade could happen.

OK so the Browns GM When asked if Hoyer is on the trading block/ going to be traded. "No absolutely not". Why not just say that. To me there is too much talking there. Trying to cover up something.

The Browns GM may not be telling the truth when saying absolutely not, and Whaley shouldn't say it, because if during the season it looks like Spiller won't resign, they may trade him.

I'd be surprised to see any RB traded for a first rounder again. The position has fallen out of importance. Plus, in terms of trade value, one thing Richardson had going for him that Spiller doesn't was that he was only in the second year of his contract. No one is going to give up a first rounder for one year of an RB.

Most on the board seem to forget how many injuries this team had last year.

NEWSFLASH: Good teams have tons of depth

The 49ers, Saints, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Packers, all have 2/3 good tailbacks that can have 20 carries a game

Now the Bills do too and you want to trade them away for a 4th round pick?

Well yea, after they cut the LS and give the job to a scrub TE.

The plan is blueprinted right here on these pages.

I am going to get a job with At&t and make sure the phones don't ring then.

Whaley will not even be able to dial out.

You are my kind of fan !

Whatever it takes.

Why fans conjure up trades is always interesting to consider.

It's basically simple. if the guy is good we keep him. if the guy is not good no one wants him.

how about we just let it ride 0:) . Spiller has another year for he and Hackett to get sorted . Whaley is a genuis let us laud him when he succeeds . like Jerry Hughes. who saw that ?

Look. If something happens between now and next season, where:

the Bills lose a player where they have minimal backup

Spiller's contract talks aren't going well (that will have to wait until he gets an agent, but he says that will be soon)

A team who needs a RB has a player they can spare at a position the Bills need---or a high draft pick

a trade could happen.

A trade Could happen. Absolutely correct.

The Browns GM may not be telling the truth when saying absolutely not, and Whaley shouldn't say it, because if during the season it looks like Spiller won't resign, they may trade him.

Why would we think that ?

I guess we might low ball him . But i dont see this as an issue right now