Whaley: 'Nobody has called Bills about Spiller'

qblax16

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. If the Bills' offensive coaches can't figure out how to make Spiller one of the most effective weapons in the NFL, they should be traded.

true enough

Fired would work too

wheres the value ? at least get a fourth : )

Haha. If the Bills' offensive coaches can't figure out how to make Spiller one of the most effective weapons in the NFL, they should be traded.

Couldnt agree more.....Chan wasnt some savant, just a guy who does know somethings about offensive football. And getting Spiller in space is a no-brainer. But if Hackett Jr. cant do that then maybe he is an idiot.

Edited by billsfan714

I find it a bit ironic that we collectively complain about certain members of the media and their lack of rationality/perspective......yet in this thread there have been so many posters, that had they followed on with their questions after Whaley's definitive response on the subject, would likely be verbally abused by Whaley and expelled from covering the Bills in the future.

Edited by Dibs

Fwiw- The Spiller interview with Murph today sure didn't give me the feeling that CJ is a lock to be here this year. Reading between the lines, It's almost as if he knew something was brewing. So much so that Murph felt compelled to ask him, "but you like Buffalo and want to be here, right?" as a followup to his question about trade rumors.

all the other stuff is the context of why he was saying it. it makes a big difference.

I just don't think it provides much context... The glaring statement that no team as called them was repeated twice with no indication that they were not open to the idea...

Would another team be that stupid?

Never, in the history of The League has a RB been traded for a first round pick the following year. Never! Well, maybe not never.

I just don't think it provides much context... The glaring statement that no team as called them was repeated twice with no indication that they were not open to the idea...

Yes. Whaley is an honorable man by all accounts - as was Chan Gailey who promised to bench Stevie if he committed another 15 yd foul for an unsportsman-like conduct TD celebration. Chan painted himself into a corner, and Stevie was tone deaf to the situation, pulled a stunt, and forced the Coach's hand. What a wonderful result that was.

So, why advocate that Whaley paint himself into a corner where he would have "honorably" fewer choices than an unbound by word of mouth GM? Everybody was super pleased when Marv promised Nate he wouldn't franchise tag him again. Again - a situation where a verbal statement got a team official painted into a corner.

The Dean has admirably articulated the case for keeping all options open wrt Mr. Spiller. Right now he's a very important cog in the wheel of might that this year's squad is being shaped into. Sometimes things don't go according to plan and adjustments have to be made. Why willingly truncate your options? It's like saying, "I'm going to live in this house... forever!" You might indeed. Then again, you very well might not. But you have more choices by not signing a lifetime lease - even if it's just done verbally.