Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

No. It was referring specifically to Stewart in response to whether he would race that morning.

"Just a few hours after telling USA TODAY Sports that Sunday would be ''business as usual,'' and Stewart would race as scheduled, the team reversed course."

Keep flailing....

I've done more than enough to prove my point that you know absolutely nothing about what your talking about. Good luck with your witch hunt. I'm done here.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your explanation as to why his team confirmed he would race and then, after the public reaction, he reversed his decision?

Did he become suicidal upon further reflection, thus preventing him for racing?

It's interesting you suggest only two options: He didn't race because he was pressured or because he was "suicidal"..

Truth is I feel uncomfortable speculating as to anyone's motives after such a traumatic incident Add to that teammates and spokespersons and the entire thing becomes a speculative nightmare. Obviously (well to a thinking, feeling human) traumatic incidents like this can result in many different behaviors. The way people handle grief varies from individual to individual.

I know I've used her as an example before, but turning into a Nancy Grace (Ie, despicable human) and attributing motives to people (especially after traumatic events, who you don't know and have no contact with) is pretty offensive. But continue to spread the hate. That seems to be what you are best at.

Absence of any park or empire series rules would weaken this defense angle even further

If there wasn't a rule about you walking down the middle of the fast lane on an interstate would you do it?

Weaken what defense? I honestly have no clue what point you're trying to make.

The same people are regurgitating the same points again and again and again and...(sometimes using not nice words)

Minds won't be changed no matter how hard you try...so I suggest everyone (you know who you are) give it a rest.

If there wasn't a rule about you walking down the middle of the fast lane on an interstate would you do it?

Weaken what defense? I honestly have no clue what point you're trying to make.

The same people are regurgitating the same points again and again and again and...(sometimes using not nice words)

Minds won't be changed no matter how hard you try...so I suggest everyone (you know who you are) give it a rest.

Go back in the thread, you'll see its in resposnse to some saying that rules precluding drivers being on the track would release Stewart from liability

Go back in the thread, you'll see its in resposnse to some saying that rules precluding drivers being on the track would release Stewart from liability

Apparently some drivers think a knee-jerk reaction to this sad event might cause more problems than it solves. They claim there shouldn't be a rule against staying in your vehicle. I admit I don't know what's right here, but any rule should be discussed in detail before being enacted. But I have heard nobody defend walking around the track after an accident.

It's interesting you suggest only two options: He didn't race because he was pressured or because he was "suicidal"..

Truth is I feel uncomfortable speculating as to anyone's motives after such a traumatic incident Add to that teammates and spokespersons and the entire thing becomes a speculative nightmare. Obviously (well to a thinking, feeling human) traumatic incidents like this can result in many different behaviors. The way people handle grief varies from individual to individual.

I know I've used her as an example before, but turning into a Nancy Grace (Ie, despicable human) and attributing motives to people (especially after traumatic events, who you don't know and have no contact with) is pretty offensive. But continue to spread the hate. That seems to be what you are best at.

This pretty much nailed it. I called them junior detectives and you called them Nancy Grace. How about Junior Nancy Grace as a compromise?

There is a "quote" button that can be used when responding. It is usually not used when making up a bunch of crap about an unrelated racing league's recent rule change's impact on a so far non-existent legal proceeding. See how he got confused?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that drivers signed something at Canandaigua saying they would stay in their cars. Go back in the thread and see if it is there.

All drivers sign waivers before each race which state that they release everyone involved of any liability. Strongly worded stuff. Yeah lawyers will work around it if they can make a case and this incident will certainly put that agreement to the test if a civil suit is filed.

The young man made a horrible decision to exit the car and go onto the track and I think it'll be very tough to prove that Stewart acted with bad intent. You don't unbuckle your belts if your race car is disabled on or near the track without being told to do so by a safety worker unless you are on fire. Every driver should know that.

I do think that before this is done with that Stewart will be making some sort of restitution to the family.

Edited by keepthefaith

You don't unbuckle your belts if your race car is disabled on or near the track without being told to do so by a safety worker unless you are on fire. Every driver should know that.

Heck, that's the first thing they tell you and the familia when renting a go-kart @ a track! Kid had to learn it when he was 5!

True story(ies):

How this sticks in my mind is the first time I was ever in a go-kart was when I was 8... In Arizona, the damn thing crashed and I got out... The track dude scolded me like there was no tomorrow! Something like that sticks in an 8 year old's head even back in 1976! LoL... I started wearing corrective lens shortly after that incident... :doh:

Oh... When I was 5... Getting my hand smacked by the cashier @ A&P when I was young (they don't dare do it now @ 46...) ... I was touching the "Eigh O'Clock" coffee bean grinder they used to have @ the checkout.

Both these stories constitute "child abuse" now!

Hey, conservatism was tried to be beat into me! I think it is starting to stick now! :nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

All drivers sign waivers before each race which state that they release everyone involved of any liability. Strongly worded stuff. Yeah lawyers will work around it if they can make a case and this incident will certainly put that agreement to the test if a civil suit is filed.

The young man made a horrible decision to exit the car and go onto the track and I think it'll be very tough to prove that Stewart acted with bad intent. You don't unbuckle your belts if your race car is disabled on or near the track without being told to do so by a safety worker unless you are on fire. Every driver should know that.

I do think that before this is done with that Stewart will be making some sort of restitution to the family.

Release everyone of all liability? No thats not possible. Legally I can't sign a waiver allowing you to murder me ... even euthanasia isn't legal, which is why Kevorkian ended up in jail.

Release everyone of all liability? No thats not possible. Legally I can't sign a waiver allowing you to murder me ... even euthanasia isn't legal, which is why Kevorkian ended up in jail.

Legally you can't sign a waiver allowing you to do ANYTHING illegal. :rolleyes:

No ****. My comment pertains to civil liability and accidents that occur in racing and not criminal acts.

No. It was referring specifically to Stewart in response to whether he would race that morning.

"Just a few hours after telling USA TODAY Sports that Sunday would be ''business as usual,'' and Stewart would race as scheduled, the team reversed course."

Keep flailing....

Why, exactly, shouldn't he have raced?

For those pushing criminal charges against Stewart, where would you ever expect to get a jury to unanimously convict this guy? Look at all the divergent opinions just on this thread.

That said, I'm sure Tony looses some cash in a civil settlement

For those pushing criminal charges against Stewart, where would you ever expect to get a jury to unanimously convict this guy? Look at all the divergent opinions just on this thread.

That said, I'm sure Tony looses some cash in a civil settlement

Standard business decision. Cough up some cash to put the problem to bed, even if there's no evidence you did anything wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds pretty sincere to me. Can barely keep from crying.

Since his explicit intent was to run down Ward in cold blood and turn him in to mangled street pizza, his faux sincerity is a clear indication he's nothing more than the dangerous psychopath we always knew he was. [/WEO]

Kinda surprised he's racing with the investigation still open. NASCAR really leaving themselves vulnerable unless they know something we don't. I don't expect them to find TS guilty of anything but in the remote chance they do, NASCAR would look terrible.

Kinda surprised he's racing with the investigation still open. NASCAR really leaving themselves vulnerable unless they know something we don't. I don't expect them to find TS guilty of anything but in the remote chance they do, NASCAR would look terrible.

especially a guy who "Can barely keep from crying" lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack