Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

Amazing to me that someone would smoke pot before professionally racing cars.

all you got to do is turn left for goodness sake.

did he smoke pot right before the race or the night before? (heard on radio in the AM)

how many hours was he driving in the race before the accident?

Driving stoned at high speeds is awesome for an hour or so, but after that you've burned off the high with adrenaline!!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I missed that...

Then there is the statement. Incredible, totally incredible. "Fairness to Kevin" You gotta be kidding me? The living go on living and they are dragging Tony through the mud... Who's being fair here?

What say ye 4mer, you ripped into me pretty bad when I called out this as a Darwin Award... Now we find out dude is a stoner... Crazy ain't it?

Actually, I feel more sorry for them... It's just pathetic and sad. All you can do is pray for people to find the strength and dignity.

I feel the same way. People familiar with me may be surprised that I sympathize with them despite finding their position and actions completely illogical and unfair. I don't expect grieving parents to rationally process and react to the death of their child. I expect everyone else to.

all you got to do is turn left for goodness sake.

did he smoke pot right before the race or the night before? (heard on radio in the AM)

how many hours was he driving in the race before the accident?

Driving stoned at high speeds is awesome for an hour or so, but after that you've burned off the high with adrenaline!!

If he'd been driving high he'd have been going half the speed of the rest of the field, but at least he wouldn't have any turns to forget to take.

I had mentioned this very early in the thread, here's an article that verity's it....

Stewart was likely startled when, as he came out of Turn 1 and into Turn 2, suddenly Ward appeared in front of him. Stewart likely had no other choice but to react in what is perhaps one of the most unnatural reactions in the world: to gain enhanced steering and have added maneuverability for a sprint car, a driver has to hit the gas.

It may not seem logical in any other form of racing, but in sprint car racing, that's how you gain better turning viability to avoid something that's in front of you such as another car - or a driver seemingly hell-bent on giving you a piece of his mind for an incident that occurred one lap earlier.

The resulting acceleration allows the steering to react and potentially let a driver steer clear of whatever he's trying to avoid. In this case, Stewart trying to avoid Ward.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/24/in-strange-twist-grand-jury-decision-shows-intent-of-a-different-kind-in-tony-stewart-kevin-ward-jr-tragedy/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs