Tony Stewart hits, kills Kevin Ward,Jr. at Canandaigua Motorsports Par

YoloinOhio

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I asked WEO (who unsurprisingly didn't answer), why shouldn't he race?

Can do whatever he wants. I'm commenting on the notion from his supporters that he's legimately an emotional wreck at this time. If thats true should he be behind the wheel on the track?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Can do whatever he wants. I'm commenting on the notion from his supporters that he's legimately an emotional wreck at this time. If thats true should he be behind the wheel on the track?

I don't know that being an emotional wreck necessarily hinders one's ability to drive.

Why would someone choose not to, or why shouldn't he be allowed?

The former

Is he an emotional wreck because of what he did? Or because of the trouble he might get into?

(rhetorical questions - he is the only one who could possibly answer either)

I would think that being "an emotional wreck" would make it unsafe to drive a race car. If I've had a bad day at work, the last thing I'm going to do is get on my motorcycle - because I think it would be dangerous to be unfocused.

My personal belief is that Tony Stewart couldn't care less about what happened. I think, if he could without being publicly shamed, he would have raced the next day and not missed any time at all. I think that any of his concerns are solely based on what's going to happen to him in the future; not about what occurred in the past. Just my opinion with absolutely zero facts upon which to base it.

Question: you're the passenger in a vehicle travelling @ 200 mph, who you rather have a driver that's a) emotionally stable, b) an emotional wreck, or c) indifferent?

In fairness you should add. D high on drugs. Since several years ago Danica made quite the stir with her comments. i don't have a link. She commented on meth in nascar and the big H in Indy races.

Question: you're the passenger in a vehicle travelling @ 200 mph, who you rather have a driver that's a) emotionally stable, b) an emotional wreck, or c) indifferent?

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be going around the track with tears streaming down his face. He'll be fine. It's my opinion that this is really about the self-righteous d-bags that want to rail against him trying to claim that for some reason he should be too distraught to want to race.

In fairness you should add. D high on drugs. Since several years ago Danica made quite the stir with her comments. i don't have a link. She commented on meth in nascar and the big H in Indy races.

I doubt meth would adversely impact one's driving ability. I could actually see it being used as a performance enhancing drug.

Edited by Rob's House

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be going around the track with tears streaming down his face. He'll be fine. It's my opinion that this is really about the self-righteous d-bags that want to rail against him trying to claim that for some reason he should be too distraught to want to race.

Just repeating myself, but like i said he can do whatever he wants. My challenge is to those supporters claiming he's legit in saying what a wreck he is at this time.

And in any case there's no reason for you to get insulting. People have different opinions.

I doubt meth would adversely impact one's driving ability. I could actually see it being used as a performance enhancing drug.

well, yea thats the point. but really using it as a PED and i have zero experience with the drug. But for example I have seen meth ghouls talking and kicking street signs which IMO would be a behavior not conducive to high speed track racing.

interestingly, I believe her comments on small amounts of heroin (never proven) on the Indy car circuit was to keep nerves calm during races.

Just repeating myself, but like i said he can do whatever he wants. My challenge is to those supporters claiming he's legit in saying what a wreck he is at this time.

And in any case there's no reason for you to get insulting. People have different opinions.

I wasn't insulting you. I was insulting the ass wipes that go out and tear a man down because in their infinite ignorance they think that he did something that they think maybe he shouldn't have done. I've seen the video, and anyone who's willing to publicly accuse him of intentionally killing that guy is a POS who should go !@#$ himself.

well, yea thats the point. but really using it as a PED and i have zero experience with the drug. But for example I have seen meth ghouls talking and kicking street signs which IMO would be a behavior not conducive to high speed track racing.

interestingly, I believe her comments on small amounts of heroin (never proven) on the Indy car circuit was to keep nerves calm during races.

Yeah, meth heads creep me out. I'm told it physically eats away at the brain. Not sure if it's true, but it's a drug I steer clear of.

NASCAR has a strict drug policy. For information on it just google NASCAR Jeremy Mayfield (meth), Shane Hmiel (pot, meth, maybe more) for illegal drugs, and AJ Allmendinger for Aderol. Drivers are randomly tested at the tracks just like every other athlete.

As far as Tony Stewart goes, tune into ESPN or check out Marty Smith's (ESPN's NASCAR reporter) columns/interviews with other drivers about Tony. You'll find out why he's racing from the people that actually know him. Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick are the two drivers he is probably closest to in the garage. Focus on what Kevin Harvick has to say.

I won't say much more since I've already had my hand slapped once in this thread.

Edited by Kevin

NASCAR has a strict drug policy. For information on it just google NASCAR Jeremy Mayfield (meth), Shane Hmiel (pot, meth, maybe more) for illegal drugs, and AJ Allmendinger for Aderol. Drivers are randomly tested at the tracks just like every other athlete.

As far as Tony Stewart goes, tune into ESPN or check out Marty Smith's (ESPN's NASCAR reporter) columns/interviews with other drivers about Tony. You'll find out why he's racing from the people that actually know him. Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick are the two drivers he is probably closest to in the garage. Focus on what Kevin Harvick has to say.

I won't say much more since I've already had my hand slapped once in this thread.

Care to atleast link one, or give some summary?

Care to atleast link one, or give some summary?

If some of the people that comment on here care enough they can search it for themselves. That was part of my point. From reading some comments it appears to me that some of the ones commenting don't know much about NASCAR or racing in general. For most of the Tony Stewart coverage just watch the pre race Sunday.

As for the drug suspensions:

Mayfield has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for failing a drug test.

Hmiel was banned for life for failing multiple drug tests.

Allmendinger was suspended for testing positive to adderall. He had to complete NASCAR's road to recovery program and has since been reinstated and currently races on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit.

If some of the people that comment on here care enough they can search it for themselves. That was part of my point. From reading some comments it appears to me that some of the ones commenting don't know much about NASCAR or racing in general. For most of the Tony Stewart coverage just watch the pre race Sunday.

As for the drug suspensions:

Mayfield has been suspended indefinitely by NASCAR for failing a drug test.

Hmiel was banned for life for failing multiple drug tests.

Allmendinger was suspended for testing positive to adderall. He had to complete NASCAR's road to recovery program and has since been reinstated and currently races on the NASCAR Sprint Cup circuit.

Some people perform better after tragedy. I'm guessing a top NASCAR driver is pretty good at compartmentalization. I'd guess he is pretty shaken up about the Ward incident when he thinks about it. Racing is probably a good way to keep from thinking about it,

Some people perform better after tragedy. I'm guessing a top NASCAR driver is pretty good at compartmentalization. I'd guess he is pretty shaken up about the Ward incident when he thinks about it. Racing is probably a good way to keep from thinking about it,

Stewart has his mom, dad, sister, niece, and a nephew. Everyone else that would be close to him is in the racing community. Going racing is his way of healing. Being around his friends and family. He has no wife or kid. All the guy does is race. His world revolves around racing. That's why he is getting back in the car.

Edited by Kevin

Stewart has his mom, dad, sister, niece, and a nephew. Everyone else that would be close to him is in the racing community. Going racing is his way of healing. Being around his friends and family. He has no wife or kid. All the guy does is race. His world revolves around racing. That's why he is getting back in the car.

Very easy to understand, actually.