Illegal contact; bad calls; We're doomed!

I watched first half of the Denver/Seattle game.

I watched a few highlights of the Pats*/Redskins game. (They showed some ticky tack calls)

Both Peyton and Russell had long scoring drives.

Both Peyton and Russell had stupid ticky tack penalties that helped their respective drives continue.

We're in trouble guys.

The game was boring. The game was slow. This really bothered me.

Main reason why it bothered me was that I didnt agree with about 90% of the stupid calls.

Dude, they might as well just get rid of the cornerbacks.

On almost all the flags I said, "What did the db do?"

The officiating crew will have an enormous impact on the game. Man it should not be like that!

Anybody else notice this? This is freaking whack!!!

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

As bad as it might be. Officials have always influenced the game ,particularly for some players over the majority. Still this rule is intended to stop the bump,push,grab

of receivers down the field. Many times last season the corners have gotten away with blatant interference (legion of boom,etc). Hopefully it will stop the crap and not

slow the game. Remember it will be called much more in the preseason as a teaching tool.

This generally happens in preseason games. Then they back off when the regular season rolls around.

I dont know Code. The commentators were making a point that they were going to be enforced seriously.

Plus honestly I dont remember it being THIS bad, even in preseason.

I hope you're right.

I dont know Code. The commentators were making a point that they were going to be enforced seriously.

Plus honestly I dont remember it being THIS bad, even in preseason.

I hope you're right.

Ahh the annual "point of emphasis" quote :) You can never tell with zebras I guess. And I do believe the NFL wants more scoring in an attempt to make the game more exciting for casual viewers who make up the vast majority of TV viewership I strongly suspect. So who knows. Good news is, in the HOF game anyway the Bills didn't draw many flags.

Ahh the annual "point of emphasis" quote :) You can never tell with zebras I guess. And I do believe the NFL wants more scoring in an attempt to make the game more exciting for casual viewers who make up the vast majority of TV viewership I strongly suspect. So who knows. Good news is, in the HOF game anyway the Bills didn't draw many flags.

Pretty sure we only had 2 flags...

whoever plays against New England* can expect 2-3 BS illegal contact calls on 3rd downs per game

I didnt want to be the first person to say this.

But of course my horse.

You call this bs call and extend drives.

First it was pi, now it's pi and illegal contact. Like I said, might as well get rid of the dbs.

I think this is in response to Seattle's jersey grabbing all season.

There was no jersey grabbing on any of the calls I saw. None. As a db you have to let the wr run his route, you cant get in the way. The only thing you can do as a corner back is wait till the ball gets thrown in the air. Jump straight up without touching the wr even with your hair or it will be pass interference by means of a hair whip. Sherman will get many pi's called on him, because his hair gets in the way of the wrs.

What a joke the nfl is turning out to be. Honestly if they dont fix this, it will become unwatchable.

It's going to be really hard to get defensive stops. The laundry is gonna keep some real critical drives alive. It also gives the league more control over who wins the game. Brady and Peyton gonna get a whole lot of illegal contacts to go their way. I wish this penalty was not an auto first down.

whoever plays against New England* can expect 2-3 BS illegal contact calls on 3rd downs per game

No doubt this will happen.

Also with the other new rule no doubt some ref will hear an opponent of the Patsies call Ben Vereen a n*****r or Tom Brady a F*g and draw a flag extending the drive. This one is taylor made for helping the Patsies and Broncos and SeaHawks.

Seattle pissed in the punch bowl and ruined the party for everybody. I thought both calls today were a bit ticky tacky. I was watching the WAS v NE game, and there was a garbage call on NE that was the same. I don't like it, but as long as they're consistent across the board, I will be ok. It sucks

No doubt this will happen.

Also with the other new rule no doubt some ref will hear an opponent of the Patsies call Ben Vereen a n*****r or Tom Brady a F*g and draw a flag extending the drive. This one is taylor made for helping the Patsies and Broncos and SeaHawks.

It seems as though your giving this "credit of penalties" because Denver and Seattle were in the Superbowl, therefore by default they are allotted drive extending penalties. The *Patriots, because of the general displeasure for them. Does one think that the league is really that one dimensional? If that were the case the NFL would run themselves right out of business. It's the suspense and anticipation that keeps fans coming back for more. "Your team" is on the verge of success, and the NFL will make it suspenseful, regardless of who it swings favoritism to. In other words, we all get our breaks with the refs. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I was pissed that last year Seattle had a lot of success by basically just interfering on every single play. I'd rather they enforce the rules consistently (meaning if they hold on every play, the refs should call it everytime they see it) if they're going to have them.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I think this is in response to Seattle's jersey grabbing all season.

I was going to make the same point. Forget who it was for Seattle but he flat out said they do it all the time since it's only called a fraction of the time. Looks like the NFL is responding.

It seems as though your giving this "credit of penalties" because Denver and Seattle were in the Superbowl, therefore by default they are allotted drive extending penalties. The *Patriots, because of the general displeasure for them. Does one think that the league is really that one dimensional? If that were the case the NFL would run themselves right out of business. It's the suspense and anticipation that keeps fans coming back for more. "Your team" is on the verge of success, and the NFL will make it suspenseful, regardless of who it swings favoritism to. In other words, we all get our breaks with the refs. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

I would like to believe that you are right. Plus, I think it would serve the NFL well to have a feel good story in Buffalo this year.