Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hat tip to Hannah for further exposing JBJ/Rogers agenda:

https://twitter.com/...928438099038208

Hannah Buehler

‏@HannahBuehler BREAKING: In writing: #Toronto group plans to move #Bills to Toronto all along.

I'll just point out two things:

1) I think everyone is on the same page that this group wanted to move the team. They were subsequently told that wasn't an option, and still chose to stay in the bidding race. I don't know that this particular sentence in the biography was written after that information was made clear to the JBJ group.

2) The group has plausible deniability. They can just as easily say that this was the author's opinion.

I'll just point out two things:

1) I think everyone is on the same page that this group wanted to move the team. They were subsequently told that wasn't an option, and still chose to stay in the bidding race. I don't know that this particular sentence in the biography was written after that information was made clear to the JBJ group.

2) The group has plausible deniability. They can just as easily say that this was the author's opinion.

It is not plausible to me at all. The Trust and MS are on notice.

Related story from John Kryk on JBJ meeting with trust: "Sense of 'let's just get through it' permeated room when Toronto group finally met with principals selling Bills: sources"

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/sense-of-lets-just-get-through-it-permeated-room-when-toronto-group-finally-met-with-principals-selling-bills-sources/

Edited by Peter

It is not plausible to me at all. The Trust and MS are on notice.

Related story from John Kryk on JBJ meeting with trust: "Sense of 'let's just get through it' permeated room when Toronto group finally met with principals selling Bills: sources"

http://blogs.canoe.c...-bills-sources/

Sure it is...in the end, a biography is crafted by an author, not the subject. They can easily say that they never had any intention of moving the team, and there would be no way of proving them wrong.

As for the overall sentiment, this is not the first the Trust is hearing of this group or their intentions. There's a reason that they were asked to provide assurances in order to move on in the process. They don't have a very realistic chance at the team to begin with, and while this article certainly doesn't help them, it isn't going to be any more damning to their efforts than what the Trust already knows.

Like I said, I applaud Wawrow & Hannah for their efforts. I don't think this changes anything (and I mean that in a good way).

it keeps it out there publicly. Adds to the pressure on the Trust/NFL to 'not even think about it' and also reminds the Toronto group of the amount of doubt and backlash out there if they are the successful bidder.

I don't mean to say that there's no purpose in writing the piece--not at all. I want that to be clear.

Hannah Buehler

‏@HannahBuehler BREAKING: In writing: #Toronto group plans to move #Bills to Toronto all along.

That sound you hear is the final nail being pounded into the JBJ/MLSE Bid coffin ---

PEGULA!!!!!!!!!!!

do they really need to drag this out until after Labor Day? Let's just give him the team now

"Just give it to him"

This ain't a Bills game. The process will take as long as it takes.

https://twitter.com/...928438099038208

Hannah Buehler

It's a good thing the Toronto group wasn't planning the D-Day invasion.