Round 2 : Sale of the team

The answer is probably the same one I got in my Ted Rogers thread...no difference. The lease and RW's wishes that the team be sold to local ownership (apparently) is the difference maker. Please indicate where Toronto's failure to support the Bills in Toronto was a factor in these negotiations?

And don't forget that Russ forced that non-relocation clause into the Bills lease against the wishes of several NFL owners. (according to Polancarz) So yeah, the man can do no wrong in my eyes.

Ding, Ding, Ding

Russ is the first one to talk about the purpose of the Toronto series was to KEEP the Bills in WNY!! It may have not taken off like some wanted but the Candaian season ticket base is at an all time high (somewhere between 15-20k). In addition, the nonshared revenue generated from the series (roughly $8M a year) was enough to offset a large portion of the gap between the Bills and the rest of the league. The Toronto series wasn't some giant conspiracy to dip their toe in the water and eventually move there. It was to establish that area not as NFL territory but as Bills territory. It's debatable to the degree that that has happened but the revenues from that region have grown substantially since the series started.

TXBILLSFAN I usually agree with most off what you say on here except when it comes to RB. The regionalization efforts took great foresight (specifically from RB) as far back as moving camp to SJF. He really is an elite level executive that is one of the main reasons that the team will remain here long term.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what are the chances Rogers holds us to the Toronto Series contract going forward? we were able to get out of it this year but I think we are still signed up until 2018. clearly there will probably be some bad blood between us now. both sides are probably glad there wasn't one there this year

so what are the chances Rogers holds us to the Toronto Series contract going forward? we were able to get out of it this year but I think we are still signed up until 2018. clearly there will probably be some bad blood between us now. both sides are probably glad there wasn't one there this year

I'm going to guess they'll try to push for preseason games up there, but I doubt there will be a renewal of the series as it exists today (this is just opinion). I do believe there will continue to be a strong push for marketing in Southern Ontario though. Maybe they'll do something like rotating a preseason game between places like Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, etc.

I think a huge push for the Toronto series had to do with luxury box sales for a potential new stadium, since there's a glut of corporate money up there.

My final take on Jaws' comments, while I don't believe he mentioned JBJ's partners in his statement, it's irrelevant. The fact is that JBJ was not trying to buy the team by himself, he only had a shot at buying the team if he went in with his Toronto partners. So, for Jaws to say JBJ wouldn't move team, he is in essence speaking about JBJ's group, not just JBJ. To suggest otherwise, is ridiculous.

That could be one person's opinion just as not reading anything into a statement beyond the actual words is another's opinion.

Please provide the evidence of the direct link between Russ Brandon and the underperfomance of the Bills. The fact that he was in the building is insufficient.

In another thread perhaps...I'd recommend this one.

http://forums.twobil...falo-guy-right/

Jaws bites

You can own a NFL team and a NHL team if they play in the same building, you can't if they play in different buildings, unless they have the same uniforms.

Well, they played hockey at RWS a number of years ago, so that's a relief. Wonder what they'll convert the FNC into?

Am I losing my mind or did a bunch of posts disappear from this thread ?

Yeah, that was a subtle hint to take the Brandon discussion to another thread.

Well, they played hockey at RWS a number of years ago, so that's a relief. Wonder what they'll convert the FNC into?

Yeah, that was a subtle hint to take the Brandon discussion to another thread.

In another thread perhaps...I'd recommend this one.

http://forums.twobil...falo-guy-right/

This was my not so subtle attempt.

Meanwhile, JBJ sucks!

Wonder what they'll convert the FNC into?

An arena football venue so Jon Bovi can move his Philly team to Buffalo, which was his real ulterior motive the whole time. Gotta hand it to him, he was in it for the long con.

I have no understanding of who has been responsible for what over the last number of years in terms of player evaluation and drafting as among Nix, Whaley and Brandon. Having said that, I am not particularly impressed with Marrone. I can see Whaley staying after the team is purchased, but Marrone could have issues if the team has another losing season.