Round 2 : Sale of the team

Are you Grahammypants' source?

You should have sourced Pat Moran. It would get Grahammypanties in a bunch and maybe Moran would swear on his daughters life again.

Kidding aside, all hail Kirby.

All joking aside I am sure that these guys have known this for a while but wanted confirmation from the right people. This has been the case the whole time but none of these guys wanted to report something that turned out false. That happened this year to Chad Ford around draft time when some source set him up to look like an idiot. It really hurt his credibility.

Kirby beautiful job throughout this whole process.

Thanks and don't forget Bandit and Kelly the Dog. Those dudes have been on top of this story the whole time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding to political, it's extremist articles like this that should be used as nothing more than toilet paper.

Nothing political about your view. Hack job by hack political paper. That paper and the front page are political mouthpieces (nf reporter for Steve pigeon and front page for Ralph lorigo and Conservative party). Not taking a position on fracking; just saying the nf reporter has no credibility. It is junk.

So if the bon Jovi group has no shot then why do they keep getting propped up.

Why is it the PR machine of the NFl sends out press releases about the Bon Jovi

Group is back In the bidding. I hear radio up dates on NFL network on radio and TV

ESPN reports how there a finalist. CNN even scrolled on then bottom of there news

Shows that Bon Jovi group is meeting with the Bills trust today to buy the team.

I've seen all sorts of Bills fans at at the pro football hall of fame protesting

This group and at the Carolina Game also. His Music is not played any where

In western ny. But do you think the NFL might have something to do with the Carolina

Panthers playing his Music during the Bills pre-season game down there. You can keep

believing that this process is all on the up and up but I don't believe it for a 2nd. If there's

Away for the NFL to get a team in Toronto or LA they will do it. So keep thinking were

Ok and no one is working behind the scenes to steal are team.

Oh by the way I never changed my opinion. I support Pegula 1000 percent.

I want him to own this team. But there's a lot of things he can't control

And those are the things I'm concerned about. If the NFL will let the Colts

Move to Indy and the Browns out of Cleveland. Don't think for a 2nd they

Won't try and manipulate the process to the Toronto groups favor.

The NFL won't feel bad if the Bills Move to Toronto. They already feel Toronto

Is in the Buffalo Market. They will just say the fans can still seem there team play.

It's a short drive to Toronto. They won't look at it as a city losing a team because

The bills will be very close to home and kept in the same Market.

The NFL only cares about one thing and one thing only. The all mighty dollar.

Why is your sentence and paragraph formatting the same as a song or poem? I keep wanting your posts to rhyme!

Why is your sentence and paragraph formatting the same as a song or poem? I keep wanting your posts to rhyme!

You criticize posts

Yet yours are without prose friend

Those in glass houses....

Haiku!

Houston,

I just listened to the Poloncrarz interview on WGR. I don't understand why anyone would object to the postion he is taking at this point in the sale process. (Not saying that you are.) He is Erie County's County Executive who very often is asked about the sale and stadium situatiion. He gave his well reasoned thoughts on the team and stadium issue. For anyone who has followed the situation there was nothing provocative about his comments. He certainly isn't locked into any position other than if a new stadium is required the cost will be shared by the parties.

His general stance is that the County is not going to foot the full bill on any new stadium project. That is not only the prevailing view but it is also the overwhelming view of the public.

There are posters who believe that he is interfering with the process and undercutting the prospects of the team remaining in the region. That is absurd. He is Erie County's top public servant who is keeping the public informed on an issue that is important to many people.

It's my opinion that he is representing the interests of the public at large and that so far he is doing a good job.

Attached is the WGR link of the interview.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/95549486/8-13-erie-county-executive-mark-poloncarz.htm

Agreed. My problem is the timing. He should have waited until after the sale and approval of someone like the Pegulas who are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo. Why fight with the NFL prematurely. There is more than enough time to work through and resolve these issues LATER. Edited by Peter

Let's say your Gramma (Ralph) has this really nice '82 Buick LeSabre (the Bills) that she's always said she would bequeath to you (the Trust). Your Uncle Mark (Erie County) has always done the maintenance (stadium renovations) on schedule for Grams , and the car's in great shape, you just don't want it. An '82 Buick LeSabre isn't your style. So you put the car up on Craigslist.

You get a few phone calls and you meet a few people and show them the car. You're looking to get the most money you can, but all things being equal, you'd prefer to sell to someone who will take good care of it and keep everything original (in Buffalo). You get a few offers and they're all in the same ballpark range (900 million). They all say it's a great car, and that they'll take good care of it. To tell you the truth one guy (Bon Jovi), you're not so sure, but if he pays a little more, he can go ahead and pimp Grammas ride, for all you care.

So you've got these few offers, and all of a sudden someone (the NFL) posts on Craigslist, RE: '82 Buick - NEEDS MAJOR WORK (a new stadium). So Uncle Mark posts all the invoices and the maintenance log and says, RE: '82 Buick - Needs major work?!! NO WAY! Phew! Thanks Uncle Mark.

Why would you be getting pissed at Poloncarz? Why should he stay out of it?

Edited by Franz Kafka

Poloncarz has an agenda. He said exactly what that agenda is in his interview if you listened carefully. He wants bidders to keep their bids low so they can afford to fund their own stadium. If the county/state has to foot the majority of the bill then this team is as good as gone. That's why he's speaking up now.

In the meantime I say TPTB should look into a plan to retrofit the Ralph. Instead of paying $1B for a new facility we can spend $500M and upgrade the place. Maybe even add a roof.

Poloncarz also said he's not sure who will purchase the new luxury suites. PSLs? Forget about that. We're too broke of a town for those. Maybe if they keep it cheap. No more than $300 for the best seats in the house.

After the interview I felt very pessimistic. We need a Santa Claus type to save the team. Hopefully Pegs is the guy. I can't imagine any billionaire being that generous. That's not how they got their wealth. Time will tell, I guess.

Oh yeah, I almost forget, screw you Goodell and the rest of the league. You're a bunch of greedy, filthy pigs. When is enough, enough?

Edited by NoJustice

The NFL is sure coming across as a bunch of greedy pigs these days, maybe Cuban was right.

As for stadium, I'll say again, I think the process waits for the new owner and anything done prior to that is largely irrelevant. If Pegula is new owner (fingers crossed), he should decide what he wants and then negotiate with relevant parties. Goodell, Poloncarcz, Cuomo and others should stay out of it now, except saying that they are "ready to support and negotiate in good faith with the new owner to ensure there is a long term stadium solution to go along with the long term commitment to keep team in WNY"

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Agreed. My problem is the timing. He should have waited until after the sale and approval of someone like the Pegulas who are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo. Why fight with the NFL prematurely. There is more than enough time to work through and resolve these issues LATER.

He is not fighting with anyone. He is simply responding to comments made by Goodell and league reps regarding stadium issues. He is the top public figure in the county. When comments are made regarding ownership, relocation and the stadium he gets a ton of questions regarding those matters. He is simply responding so the public understands the issues and how it impacts the public. That what a good public servant and politician supposed to do.

Mr. Polocrantz would look like an incompetent and a fool if he remained silent on an issue that is so prominent in the community. I give him a lot of credit for bringing clarity (as much as he is capable of) to a complex issue where a lot of inaccurate information is swirling around.

I have heard the County Executive on WGR on a number of occasions. He was on multiple times during the lease negotiations and after the negotiations. He has also been on while the sale process is going on explaining how the lease deal influences the sale. I am very impressed with him. He comes off as a sober-minded and competent individual representing the interests of the public at large. That sure is a refreshing differenc with loud-mouth politicians who say things simply to curry favor.

Would love for this thing to be announced, pending league approval, by the home opener. What a celebration it would be.

Im sure there may/will be buzz by then. Home opener IMO will be all about a tribute to Wilson and opening day. Maybe a Kelly appearance.

Pats game October 12th will be official and the Pegula party. Maybe a Kelly appearance.

You guys are crazy. Graham was quoting a source that is NO LONGER INVOLVED in the process. Now you've got Jim Kelly, who by the way is a competing bidder, up on the podium with Pegula.

It's not a two team game, Pegula vs Bon Jovi, Buffalo vs Toronto, Good vs Bad. If you are a fan of Kelly, why not back Kelly? He's probably a more viable bid than Bon Jovi.

Pats game October 12th will be official and the Pegula party. Maybe a Kelly appearance.

The Pats game day always gets a big red circle drawn on my calendar. I've now made that circle considerably bolder than usual.

You guys are crazy. Graham was quoting a source that is NO LONGER INVOLVED in the process. Now you've got Jim Kelly, who by the way is a competing bidder, up on the podium with Pegula.

It's not a two team game, Pegula vs Bon Jovi, Buffalo vs Toronto, Good vs Bad. If you are a fan of Kelly, why not back Kelly? He's probably a more viable bid than Bon Jovi.

This is a very confusing post...no offense; I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Well, Kelly is not currently a competitive bidder, from what I have heard. He is a potential bidder looking to link up with someone with more money.