New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, does anyone know if Pegula can even own both the Bills and the Sabres? Is that allowed???

:doh:

If Teddy Nolan is brought into the coaching mix for the Bills, it may permit dual ownership...but the Sabres would have to play 30 games in Hamilton.

Probably because I'm not a billionaire, I don't see why the Wilson family is dicking around with the bids and "process". What's $1.3 billion versus $1 billion to them?

It's still a billion dollars of found money. Just get on with it already.

Pretty sure $300 million is a lot to the Wilson family ... and to everyone else on earth.

Edited by Gugny

The Cowboys will always be relevant; Jerrah has nothing to do with that. He lucked into Jimmy Johnson and the Herschel Walker trade, and hasn't done crap since other than build a monument to excess.

99% of Cowboy fans you run into in Texas will agree with this assessment.

Heitz -

I think we all understand there is a process. The backlash toward the trust was a reaction to news that they were working to get the Toronto group back into the bidding process, which is something none of us want. If you notice, you didn't see/hear that type of reaction when the trust was rumored to give Golisano an extension.

Heitz -

I think we all understand there is a process. The backlash toward the trust was a reaction to news that they were working to get the Toronto group back into the bidding process, which is something none of us want. If you notice, you didn't see/hear that type of reaction when the trust was rumored to give Golisano an extension.

Not true. If everyone understood there was a process it wouldn't need to be explained every 7 posts.

They aren't working to accommodate the Toronto group. They rejected their bid and told them what it would take to continue into the next round of the process.

Thank you! Holy, I feel like I want to cut and paste this into every thread about the sale to stop the "Mary Wilson is greedy, she should call Pegs and end this!"

It doesn't work that way and never will. It's a billion dollar plus transaction, there's going to a lot of DD happening which takes time, this isn't a Craigslist transaction...

Heitz -

Not to get entirely off topic, however, why has the stadium group not reported their findings yet? Does this have any connection with the bidding process or does it remain independent? Thx

I think they are giving an extension so they can include JBJ's southern Ontario and Toronto waterfront sites ;-) Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Hey, does anyone know if Pegula can even own both the Bills and the Sabres? Is that allowed???

:doh:

Of course not. He'd have to sell The Bills before he could buy The Bills.

On another note, does anyone know what the process is for selling this team?

Not to get entirely off topic, however, why has the stadium group not reported their findings yet? Does this have any connection with the bidding process or does it remain independent? Thx

If Pegula or Golisano buy the team then we don't NEED a stadium. they could choose to update the Ralph again in 2022. the league wants us to have a new stadium but if the team is staying anyways then what's the hurry? I think the stadium committee is a sham anyways. it's a way for it to look like Cuomo cares about Buffalo. let's see if when the time comes he actually coughs up the dough. but my guess is their findings will be (after many years of stalling) that the Ralph should be updated like what they did in Chicago or KC or even Notre Dame

I can't believe that they extended the bidding to the Toronto group!! The fix is in; the NFL wants the team in Canada. Why would they give them another chance to bid? No one believes them anyways. The deadline was last week!! This is infuriating!!

You forgot I am so done with this team

I can't believe that they extended the bidding to the Toronto group!! The fix is in; the NFL wants the team in Canada. Why would they give them another chance to bid? No one believes them anyways. The deadline was last week!! This is infuriating!!

My sources tell me the team is staying ;)

Ok...... Now that that is out of the way. Has anyone heard anything about JBJ re-submitting a bid?

Ok...... Now that that is out of the way. Has anyone heard anything about JBJ re-submitting a bid?

Dear Jon:

If you withdraw your bid now, you can buy in as a minority owner with me.

This way there will be no other bidders and we get the team on the cheap and we both make out.

You will love winters in Buffalo, trust me.

Love and kisses,

Terry.

Edited by CodeMonkey