EJ looked calm and in control..

I make it a point not to bet with NYJ fans

You would be better off first figuring out reality. What tipped you off that I am a Jet fan?

I understand. Deep down you know I'm right, and you don't have the courage to match your bravado.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selective reading. He hasn't "stunk everyday in practice", by all accounts he's had some ups and downs.

Read the Buffalo medias twitter and you'll think he only misses guys and throws pics, listen to John Murphy call practice live and it's a whole different ballgame.

But if you're going to give up on the season already, can you also give up on TBD?

Good point about the Murph show. To go one further with that on the play by play, Kelso is usually with him and describes what happened and why on every play they talk about. Kelso's X and O opinions CAN be trusted.

Selective reading. He hasn't "stunk everyday in practice", by all accounts he's had some ups and downs.

Read the Buffalo medias twitter and you'll think he only misses guys and throws pics, listen to John Murphy call practice live and it's a whole different ballgame.

But if you're going to give up on the season already, can you also give up on TBD?

I would if I didn't get such joy from the self-deluded.

Anyway, I have not given up. I have already stated that if EJ figures it out, they could have an excellent offense this season. I just find it unlikely. Poor reads, locking in on receivers and inaccurate throws is a poor starting point.

I would if I didn't get such joy from the self-deluded.

Anyway, I have not given up. I have already stated that if EJ figures it out, they could have an excellent offense this season. I just find it unlikely. Poor reads, locking in on receivers and inaccurate throws is a poor starting point.

Not what he was doing last game for the record:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169457-ej-looked-calm-and-in-control/page__st__340#entry3198883

Because it is fun to watch until it falls apart.

Why do you watch at all?

How many times in the last 14 years did you think they would be a Super Bowl contender?

But you watched. Why are you wasting your time? Or did you believe Edwards, Fitz and Johnson were the answer.

Before each season there is some hope, but EJ has looked horrible so far. He might turn it around, but today it seems unlikely. If you feel otherwise I assume you bet over in Vegas.

You'res don't say.

If any of you would like to make a wager, I would be happy to bet they won't make the playoffs.

Whaddya know? Another of the "hope I'm wrong" realists, only too eager to gloat at the team's misfortunes. Awesome.

Because it is fun to watch until it falls apart.

Why do you watch at all?

How many times in the last 14 years did you think they would be a Super Bowl contender?

But you watched. Why are you wasting your time? Or did you believe Edwards, Fitz and Johnson were the answer.

Before each season there is some hope, but EJ has looked horrible so far. He might turn it around, but today it seems unlikely. If you feel otherwise I assume you bet over in Vegas.

You'res don't say.

If any of you would like to make a wager, I would be happy to bet they won't make the playoffs.

To me it seems like you like to B word till it falls apart?

Why do I watch? Because Im a fan and they are gonna win the super bowl till they dont

NONE of those QBs you mentioned have the physical abiity of this QB.....if EJ Manuel does in fact turn the corner (of which he still can) then we are gonna have something as a team because EVERY position around EJ not only has a quality starter but also a good depth guy

it just too early for all of this self defeatest attitude....too early.

re: practice v games, I heard a quote from a veteran scout today saying the evaluation process relies 10% on what happens in practice and 90% what happens in preseason games.

I'd like to preface the following by saying I rarely make excuses for players... but:

EJ was let down twice by his OLine (the batted passes) and once by a poorly timed jump by Mike Williams.

If I were Marrone, I would have been salty too. Clearly not the 'look' on EJ they were hoping for.

Quotes from a teammate is proof of something? Is that what you meant by the link?

Well, admittedly I'm assuming you read the article here, but we've got the OC talking about the timing of passing routes, and we've got a poster that's played the game at a high level breaking down the offensive design (I concede that you may not be familiar with the OP, but he's as knowledgeable as we've got when it comes to X's and O's).

Whaddya know? Another of the "hope I'm wrong" realists, only too eager to gloat at the team's misfortunes. Awesome.

You need to work on comprehension. I want Buffalo to win. However, if someone is silly enough to make what I feel is a poor wager, I will take it.

You don't have to be a Pollyanna to be a fan.

To me it seems like you like to B word till it falls apart?

Why do I watch? Because Im a fan and they are gonna win the super bowl till they dont

NONE of those QBs you mentioned have the physical abiity of this QB.....if EJ Manuel does in fact turn the corner (of which he still can) then we are gonna have something as a team because EVERY position around EJ not only has a quality starter but also a good depth guy

it just too early for all of this self defeatest attitude....too early.

Factually, you echoed my post.

The media has a different opinion than (EDIT:do) the team paid journalists? Say it ain't so Joe.

I see a trend here in that multiple non-team sources are calling into question EJ's abilities in his second camp, both Rochester and Buffalo based. Of course it's early, but a lot of these guys (while not bonafide scouts) have seen good QB play and knows what it looks like. They have an opinion built from their experience covering camp and games that is clearly not appreciated by those who are non-objective fans.

Journalists aren't fans. Journalists aren't paid by the team. When they don't echo what a fan thinks it doesn't mean they're anti-team. Besides, when multiple reporters are observing similar things in the team-appointed starting QB, could it be there's legitimate concern? Or is that they're venomous anti-team mentality creeping into their opinion?

Edited by BillsVet

The media has a different opinion than (EDIT:do) the team paid journalists? Say it ain't so Joe.

I see a trend here in that multiple non-team sources are calling into question EJ's abilities in his second camp, both Rochester and Buffalo based. Of course it's early, but a lot of these guys (while not bonafide scouts) have seen good QB play and knows what it looks like. They have an opinion built from their experience covering camp and games that is clearly not appreciated by those who are non-objective fans.

Journalists aren't fans. Journalists aren't paid by the team. When they don't echo what a fan thinks it doesn't mean they're anti-team. Besides, when multiple reporters are observing similar things in the team-appointed starting QB, could it be there's legitimate concern? Or is that they're venomous anti-team mentality creeping into their opinion?

So if EJ plays lights out in his next four preseason games, what will be your line of reasoning for telling fans to keep their enthusiasm tempered?

So if EJ plays lights out in his next four preseason games, what will be your line of reasoning for telling fans to keep their enthusiasm tempered?

"Preseason doesn't count. "

"Preseason doesn't count. "

He'll figure it out, he always does...

This is funny, how about this:

A reporter tweeted...

Now this: EJ overthrows wide open Mike Williams in end zone. Next play scrambles and forces throw to Chandler that's picked. #BillsCamp

So no real context to the overthrow... But then someone adds context:

Buffalo Sports Guy @716sportsguy

Looks like more of a miscommunication to me. EJ threw to back pylon. HarryGibbs: Manuel misses wide open Williams. vine.co/v/M9LX6BXqTre”

Further, re: my last tweet and the E.J. throw - that's a timing route. Not one where he saw MW standing wide open and simply missed him.

They might be observing the same things, but there is no context to the tweet. The first tweet makes it seem like it's EJs fault, when in reality it's a miscommunication.

You're conveniently ignoring that other media types, like Sal Capaccio and Brian Galliford from Buffalo Rumblings have had much different and much more balanced takes on EJ in practice. They've both been good at providing quality reports and highlighting both the good and bad that they've seen from EJ.

The "big" media types from the snooze and D&C seem to be going out of their way to trash EJ, highlight the negatives, and ignore the positives. But then again, thats right up your alley, isnt it?

He'll figure it out, he always does...

Im sure he is hoping he doesnt play well so he doesnt have to worry about an explanation (rolls eyes)

You're conveniently ignoring that other media types, like Sal Capaccio and Brian Galliford from Buffalo Rumblings have had much different and much more balanced takes on EJ in practice. They've both been good at providing quality reports and highlighting both the good and bad that they've seen from EJ.

The "big" media types from the snooze and D&C seem to be going out of their way to trash EJ, highlight the negatives, and ignore the positives. But then again, thats right up your alley, isnt it?

Yes it is interesting how certain posters really vulture over certain media type tweets hoping for reports EJ had a bad day....isnt it?

This is funny, how about this:

A reporter tweeted...

Now this: EJ overthrows wide open Mike Williams in end zone. Next play scrambles and forces throw to Chandler that's picked. #BillsCamp

So no real context to the overthrow... But then someone adds context:

Looks like more of a miscommunication to me. EJ threw to back pylon. HarryGibbs: Manuel misses wide open Williams. vine.co/v/M9LX6BXqTre”

Further, re: my last tweet and the E.J. throw - that's a timing route. Not one where he saw MW standing wide open and simply missed him.

They might be observing the same things, but there is no context to the tweet. The first tweet makes it seem like it's EJs fault, when in reality it's a miscommunication.

Thanks Wayne. This dovetails my point from yesterday when I suggested those at camp can't view these plays in context much of the time. Each QB rep is reviewed in the film room where the proper context for the entire play can be applied.

GO BILLS!!!