EJ looked calm and in control..

And this is exactly why everyone needs to hope like all hell that EJ and are good and we have a winning season. Because if not... the new owner will almost certainly blow up the entire FO, coaching staff, then players are gone. Do that much overhaul in the NFL and you're talking years.. 5? before we can even hope for a winning record.

I don't believe a complete player overhaul will be needed, just the obvious search for that elusive QB

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe a complete player overhaul will be needed, just the obvious search for that elusive QB

I think that's the one good thing about the talent on this roster. There are some really good players. IF EJ fails, the new guy will step into a great situation.

I truly believe we have a better roster than NE but the qb trumps everything. Tom Brady on this team would make us favorites for the Super Bowl.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I think that's the one good thing about the talent on this roster. There are some really good players. IF EJ fails, the new guy will step into a great situation.

I truly believe we have a better roster than NE but the qb trumps everything. Tom Brady on this team would make us favorites for the Super Bowl.

Heck, Joe Flacco would make us SB favorites. We just need above average QB play.

The thing is the QB situation is just not that simple

Everytime you have a "QB competition" you are taking badly needed reps away from the kid you drafted and are trying to groom

That's crazy talk. Nobody would care if we landed a top QB and he was taking snaps away from EJ.

Heck, Joe Flacco would make us SB favorites. We just need above average QB play.

And lets face it....Joe Flacco is not a top 5 QB

That's crazy talk. Nobody would care if we landed a top QB and he was taking snaps away from EJ.

I think your missing the point. You dont know that you have drafted a "top QB" immediately.......they usually have to be groomed.

Except for a few special circumstances the great QBs of the league did not look "great" in their first year. That is why when you draft your QB you have to be patient (I know its hard)

Flacco has a SB win. And he didn't do it a la Dilfer or Brad Johnson who relied heavily on elite defenses.

Flacco may not be top 5, but he's got the ability given the 2012 playoff run, to play enough football at an elite level.

I think your missing the point. You dont know that you have drafted a "top QB" immediately.......they usually have to be groomed.

Except for a few special circumstances the great QBs of the league did not look "great" in their first year. That is why when you draft your QB you have to be patient (I know its hard)

I am not missing the point. If you draft an Andrew Luck when you have an EJ Manuel on the roster, there should be zero questions on who will get 99%+ of snaps with the first team. Unfortunately Bills don't have that problem to deal with.

I am not missing the point. If you draft an Andrew Luck when you have an EJ Manuel on the roster, there should be zero questions on who will get 99%+ of snaps with the first team. Unfortunately Bills don't have that problem to deal with.

The bills had a chance at Andrew Luck?

Flacco has a SB win. And he didn't do it a la Dilfer or Brad Johnson who relied heavily on elite defenses.

Flacco may not be top 5, but he's got the ability given the 2012 playoff run, to play enough football at an elite level.

Flacco has some pretty streak play to go along with the Super Bowl win Vet......

- He is not a top 5 QB

- They didnt know how good he was going to be immediately based on his play....but they stuck with and groomed him.....and they were right to do so

Nope. The board experts have already determined EJ to be a bust. NEXT

The bills had a chance at Andrew Luck?

You referred to a top QB taking snaps away from a developmental guy. The answer is obvious. Even if it's another developmental guy, he needs to take snaps away from EJ because it's an obvious sign that the team needs better QB play.

Do you--in light of the route combination/timing concepts being practiced--believe that EJ was fundamentally doing the right things out there on Sunday?

i appreciate the kind words, considering i initiated this topic before understanding what our guys are trying to accomplish...

..and yes, i believe our O was working on this new approach, and that both EJ and our receivers were showing the effects of limited time executing against a live D at game speed. check that 'almost pick' on the slant.. EJ was waiting on the receiver - the timing was way off. even our receivers splits will impact their timing with their QB. Hackett adds that caveat in his comment about adjustments.

what i'd like to see by opening day is how EJ reacts to disrupted routes and misread coverages that will impact the success of the play as it unfolds.. will he be able to seamlessly pick up his next target(s) in a timely fashion. I've read somewhere that there's been some 'ball patting' going on during practices.. which means the timed passing game isn't yet in synch.

Buffalo Rumblings Training Camp Report from Tues Aug 5th

I thought I'd post this here. It is a play-by-play list from Tuesday's practice. Earlier in this thread, and in the Tuesday tweets, there were a number of comments that Manuel's performance in practice was a continuation of the HOF game and reason for concern.

Reading this breakdown, I don't get the same impression. Some "stats" (me reading and counting): 7 TDs, 0 INT, 4 sacks

It looks like Wayne Cubed beat me posting the link here, but we have the same conclusion.

You referred to a top QB taking snaps away from a developmental guy. The answer is obvious. Even if it's another developmental guy, he needs to take snaps away from EJ because it's an obvious sign that the team needs better QB play.

Unless the bills think that EJ is that guy.

Look....EJ Manuel was not drafted in the 3rd round......he is a 1st round pick

When you make the investment of a 1st round pick.....you ride that decision until it is apparent that it was the WRONG decision. We are FAR from that point.

Buffalo Rumblings Training Camp Report from Tues Aug 5th

I thought I'd post this here. It is a play-by-play list from Tuesday's practice. Earlier in this thread, and in the Tuesday tweets, there were a number of comments that Manuel's performance in practice was a continuation of the HOF game and reason for concern.

Reading this breakdown, I don't get the same impression. Some "stats" (me reading and counting): 7 TDs, 0 INT, 4 sacks

It looks like Wayne Cubed beat me posting the link here, but we have the same conclusion.

And at one point throws 3 TD passes in a row... I'll take that all day long.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I don't either. But, if we have another 6 win season, will a new owner feel the same way? My guess is they start making serious changes unless this iteration of FO, coaches, players start to show some real progress in the win/loss column.

I don't either. But, if we have another 6 win season, will a new owner feel the same way? My guess is they start making serious changes unless this iteration of FO, coaches, players start to show some real progress in the win/loss column.

If the Bills don't win more than 6 games with this team then the coaches should be expecting to be shown the door.

Probably not the front office, and definitely not the players. Pretty much everyone agrees that the overall talent on the Bills now is pretty good.