Rumor Toronto group is out of the bidding per Morgan Stanley

No the Toronto Group does not have the Money

With Bonjovi the majority owner he has to put down 30 percent. His partners can't be the Majority owner they own the maple leafs.

So they can not be Majority Owner.

NFL does not allow a Owner to own 2 Sports teams in different markets. So hence the other guys can't be the Majority Owner of this Canada

Group. The Canada group was fine if the bidding stayed around 1billion. But with the bidding already at 1.3 Billion and possibly ending at 1.5

Billion. This is no reason to keep the Toronto Group around. It's Morgan Staley's job to make recommendations to the Wilson Estate.

Why keep this group around if they can't bid higher. Plus single ownership over 3 partners is preferred by the NFL and the Morgan Stanley that has to close on this sale. The Toronto's groups biggest problem is that Bonjovi just does not have

The funds to complete the 30 percent threshold

That he needs to come up with. The bids are all ready past the point of no return for this

Canada groups bid.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's basically that this process has no hard fast rules. The Wilson Estate can make them and change them to some extent as they go. The deadline was a soft deadline. I've also read they've re-opened the bidding. My take on that is to somehow include Golisono in the next phase. These are also non binding bids. Even though Terry P supposedly bid $1.3 bil, he can submit a final binding bid for $800 mil if he wants.

I have not seen anything that has confirmed the Toronto group is out, all I've seen is that two groups have supposedly been told they are still in the running and the Toronto group's status is unkown, so many are taking that to mean they got cut.

I suppose we could start a new thread titled; "the Turk has visited BVJ"

i am very confused by all this....granted it is all rumor so far, but allegedly Terry P bid $1.3BN, the toronoto group allegedly bid $1.2BN, and Trump came out and said he was way out of the running(sic)...yet The toronto group is rumored to be out and trump rumored to be still in the bid race???? and how can someone still enter a bid? i thought it was a deadline to submit? and why is there another round? shouldn't high bid win?????

It's simple math at 1 billion dollars Bonjovi would need 300 million dollars.

I just googled his net worth here is what came back

According to Forbes, Bon Jovi was the third highest-paid musician in the world in 2013, bringing in $79 million. In its 2012 "Ones to Watch" list, Forbes estimated Bon Jovi has a total net worth of $290 million. Forbes estimates the Bills are valued at $870 million, as of August 2013.

So if the bidding gets up to 1.5 Billion

Then he would need 450 Million to

Be in the game. He has around 320 million

Or so that's what's been reported.

When Morgan Stanley and the Wilson Estate

Look at the numbers and his financials it easy to

Understand why he and his group would be eliminated.

Now if the bidding was say 900 million

To 1 Billion dollars for the bills. Them I could see this group staying at the table and in the game

To be picked to own the Bills.

But it's gone beyond that now. It's Morgan Stanley's job on behalf of the Wilson estate

To move this process forward.

It's really over for this Toronto Group

Bonjovi does not have the money to move forward it's that simple.

His group should not move to the next round.

No the Toronto Group does not have the Money

With Bonjovi the majority owner he has to put down 30 percent. His partners can't be the Majority owner they own the maple leafs.

So they can not be Majority Owner.

NFL does not allow a Owner to own 2 Sports teams in different markets. So hence the other guys can't be the Majority Owner of this Canada

Group. The Canada group was fine if the bidding stayed around 1billion. But with the bidding already at 1.3 Billion and possibly ending at 1.5

Billion. This is no reason to keep the Toronto Group around. It's Morgan Staley's job to make recommendations to the Wilson Estate.

Why keep this group around if they can't bid higher. Plus single ownership over 3 partners is preferred by the NFL and the Morgan Stanley that has to close on this sale. The Toronto's groups biggest problem is that Bonjovi just does not have

The funds to complete the 30 percent threshold

That he needs to come up with. The bids are all ready past the point of no return for this

Canada groups bid.

owning another sports team in another city is based on mileage I believe and in pretty sure 90 miles is the magic number. Maybe even more. So that argument is gone.

Tell me why wouldn't Mary Wilson not want to pick

A single buyer over a group with 3 buyers

That would move the team out of Buffalo.

Plus the highest bidder would honor her late Husbands wishes and keep the team in Buffalo

To further his legacy. I could see Terry P naming the new stadium field after the late great Ralph Wilson. Let's is common sense.

Bon Jovi can't be the Majority owner of the Bills

The bidding has gone to high.

It's over for this group. It's time to celebrate

This great weekend that is upon us

Toronto is not Buffalo.

2 teams from 2 different sports

In 2 different cites.

In the NFL by laws it's clearly spelled

Out. Then if that's the case why doesn't

The Toronto Group put the Richer

Toronto Guys in the Majority owner

Seat. Then this group could compete

For the team. There hand cuffed

With Bon Jovi be the Majority owner

Tell me why wouldn't Mary Wilson not want to pick

A single buyer over a group with 3 buyers

That would move the team out of Buffalo.

Plus the highest bidder would honor her late Husbands wishes and keep the team in Buffalo

To further his legacy. I could see Terry P naming the new stadium field after the late great Ralph Wilson. Let's is common sense.

Bon Jovi can't be the Majority owner of the Bills

The bidding has gone to high.

It's over for this group. It's time to celebrate

This great weekend that is upon us

Don't start a rumor and then say there are rumors swirling.

Folks I am electing to lock this thread as a duplicate based on the fact that there as of yet is no credible source for what is otherwise a rumor. So everyone understands, if there was at least a source to go back to this probably could have stood on its on. I am reticent to allow a new thread every time an unsubstantiated rumor pops up.

If there is a source to add some substance to this rumor I am happy to unlock the thread. Just create a report for the mods to see and someone can insert the source and unlock the thread.

Kirby, could Morgan Stanley have approved them to move on but the Trust tell Morgan Stanley they weren't interested in moving further with them?

Yes, Morgan Stanley is basically the broker. The 4 person group is the decision maker. Morgan Stanley is qualifying buyers, assisting in discriminating information, etc... The only thing that matters is who that group (again consisting of Ralph's wife and niece) pick.