WTF Andre Reed???

MClem06

http://nymag.com/news/features/jon-bon-jovi-buffalo-bills-2014-7/

Credibility of the quotes in question but if it's true WTF Andre? Thought Buffalo was in your heart. Guess not...

Page 3:

Now, I ain’t gonna lie to you,” Reed said. “One year I went up to Toronto, and man, I had a good-ass time up there.”

“Off the record,” Sabuda said.

“Off the record—I had a great time,” Reed said. When I asked if he would continue being a part of the franchise as he had in Buffalo, he paused, then admitted that his allegiance to the city wasn’t ironclad: “If they paid me.”

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nymag.com/new...o-bills-2014-7/

Credibility of the quotes in question but if it's true WTF Andre? Thought Buffalo was in your heart. Guess not...

Page 3:

Now, I ain’t gonna lie to you,” Reed said. “One year I went up to Toronto, and man, I had a good-ass time up there.”

“Off the record,” Sabuda said.

“Off the record—I had a great time,” Reed said. When I asked if he would continue being a part of the franchise as he had in Buffalo, he paused, then admitted that his allegiance to the city wasn’t ironclad: “If they paid me.”

LOL, I guess the words "off the record" doesn't mean anything to that reporter. Still a dick thing for Andre to say.

When Andre opened his sentence with "off the record" it's off the friggin' record! That means don't publish what I'm about to say. Maybe Reeves Wiedeman slept through that part of journalism class.

At least that is my understanding of how off-the-record works. Maybe John Wawrow can clarify for us?

My issue with that statement is that if he's paid enough he'll look past the city losing it's team that made him who he is.

I think it's more to the point he would be willing to support the team in toronto if they paid him enough and if they moved. Not really knocking Buffalo at all IMO.

Well, it was probably something he should not have said.

But, if anyone thinks for a second that say Thurman moved back to WNY because he likes to shovel snow.

I would say doubtful.

Andre has done a lot. he gave profits to charities on his barbecue sauce and put in on the line for the team when he was here.

Not many are delusional enough to think someone would move to Buffalo because of the nightlife, or because

Of the great financial opportunities and work the area provides. What did I forget? yea, taxes.

Yes, because Jim Kelly stayed in Buffalo because he loves it so much. Come on. It's all about money.

I'm not saying the Kelly isn't a true champion of the city/region OR that he doesn't want what's best for it. But to think that his primary reason for staying in the Buffalo was not financially motivated would be naive.

How many fans wouldn't attend games in Toronta if they were paid $10,000 pre game to attend (or some such figure)? Ask yourself if you would turn that down, on principle, before deciding that Andre is turning his back on anyone.

Its hard to judge a guy trying to earn a dollar, IMO.

I wonder how many Bills fans would say that they would stil root for the Toronto Bills? Then ask the same question with the addition of $10K per game. It still sucks but I guess I get it.

It does suck, I agree. But sometimes life does suck :)

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.