WTF Andre Reed???

MClem06

I read the article and Reed's allegiance to the City of Buffalo, and his desire that the team remain in Buffalo, is pretty clear. All he said, in response to being asked if he would still be part of the franchise IF it moved to Toronto, was. "If they paid me." I'm not so certain it wasn't a tongue in cheek kinda thing. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't bother me all that much. It was a response to the hypothetical situation of the team having already been moved to Toronto - and that the only way he would have any part in the team would be if they paid him.

I'm certainly not going to hold that against a guy that was an integral part of the best team Buffalo ever put on the field.

Wow, such logical rational thought.

We must ban you.

The irrational must get their "meat".

Even if Reed did not mean the "pay me" quote to be tongue in cheek, I still wouldn't fault him.

How much does it take the present BUFFALO Bills for him to support the team? Bumpkis sounds about right.

What will it take for Reed to support the theoretical Toronto Bills? Gonna have to pay the man.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.

This is what is wrong with the country? Funny stuff.

Management shows no loyalty to players or fans. Players show no loyalty to management or fans. Fans show loyalty to jerseys only. Fans are the worst. They talk of loyalty, but if given a chance to make the big bucks, they would all jump for it.

People looking for loyalty in sports or business don't understand how things work.

Saying that any of this is what is wrong with America is missing the real issues that are wrong with America.

Edited by Kemp

Management shows no loyalty to players or fans. Players show no loyalty to management or fans. Fans show loyalty to jerseys only. Fans are the worst. They talk of loyalty, but if given a chance to make the big bucks, they would all jump for it.

People looking for loyalty in sports or business don't understand how things work.

Saying that any of this is what is wrong with America is missing the real issues that are wrong with America.

Exactly.

What the hell is going on this week? We have one obtuse assertion after the next. I'm really starting to get concerned.

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.

Now chosing whether or not to follow a team if/when relocation happens is a moral issue?

If ones morals can't at least understand justifiable business rationale, then pro sports would be impossible to tolerate.

I'd go further and state that saying "THIS is what's wrong with America" is really what's wrong with America.

People get these unflappable religious-like one sided perspectives on issues and are emotionally unable to even understand different sides to an argument.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

don't you remember when he paired to acting? Embarrassing times for a Bills fan...

Actually, I DON'T remember that. And I am thankful!

I've never had a bad time in Toronto, but I've never been to a Bills game there. And I will continue my streak. It's fine for him to appreciate Toronto as the city near Buffalo that's great to visit and helps support our WNY team.

While I respect your opinion I disagree. This is at the very heart of whats wrong with this country, greed. I would also like to say, if this was a current or newly retired Bill I would have expected it. I just didn't think a comment like that would come from Andre. I wouldn't just jump at the money, my conscious would eat me alive, but that's just me.

While I respect your opinion I disagree. This is at the very heart of whats wrong with this country, greed. I would also like to say, if this was a current or newly retired Bill I would have expected it. I just didn't think a comment like that would come from Andre. I wouldn't just jump at the money, my conscious would eat me alive, but that's just me.

So Andre should completely cut ties from the organization in the event that a new owner moves the team?

<p>Actually, Reed going off on Johnny Football bothers me more than the Toronto comments. Why would he say something like that? I say this as somebody who is not a Manziel fan, but as one who feels a little kinship to Cleveland sports fans...why would a guy who is finally getting his overdue recognition in Canton choose to use that moment to blast the local teams "next big thing" before he has even taken a snap in a real NFL game? I love Andre, and have been making the case, here, that he certainly belongs in the HOF, for a number of years now...but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the Manziel criticism is not his finest moment.

Edited by Buftex

Actually, Reed going off on Johnny Football bothers me more than the Toronto comments. Why would he say something like that? I say this as somebody who is not a Manziel fan, but as one who feels a little kinship to Cleveland sports fans...why would a guy who is finally getting his overdue recognition in Canton choose to use that moment to blast the local teams "next big thing" before he has even taken a snap in a real NFL game? I love Andre, and have been making the case, here, that he certainly belongs in the HOF, for a number of years now...but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that the Manziel criticism is not his finest moment.

The Johnny football comments were strange. But like the rest of that portion, maybe he was somewhat joking. Most likely right now he is feeling on top of the world and flexing just a tad.

I agree.... He was a schmuck coming out of Kutztown... He should know that feeling more than anyone- sure there was less hype around him....

To be speaking with a reporter and say those kinds of things about Bon Jovi and Manziel, knowing that there's a chance it could make print, it plain stupid!!!

Way to cloud your induction...

The Johnny football comments were strange. But like the rest of that portion, maybe he was somewhat joking. Most likely right now he is feeling on top of the world and flexing just a tad.

Acting tough for his friends?

I think he was aiming more at the fact that he would support the new location/team if he were to be paid....

Paid = greed

But Andre didn't say that, which has been my point all along. He said he would accept a position with the team even if they were to move to Toronto if they offered him enough. In other words, he would take their money even if the team moved. No where in that "interview" does Reed state or otherwise imply that he would support moving the team to Toronto IF they offered him a lucrative position.

But Andre didn't say that, which has been my point all along. He said he would accept a position with the team even if they were to move to Toronto if they offered him enough. In other words, he would take their money even if the team moved. No where in that "interview" does Reed state or otherwise imply that he would support moving the team to Toronto IF they offered him a lucrative position.

Did you even read the article?

“Off the record—I had a great time,” Reed said. When I asked if he would continue being a part of the franchise as he had in Buffalo, he paused, then admitted that his allegiance to the city wasn’t ironclad: “If they paid me.”

That sounds nothing like what you just claimed it to say...

Did you even read the article?

"Off the record—I had a great time," Reed said. When I asked if he would continue being a part of the franchise as he had in Buffalo, he paused, then admitted that his allegiance to the city wasn't ironclad: "If they paid me."

That sounds nothing like what you just claimed it to say...

Then you simply don't understand what Andre said or what I posted. Admittedly, you're confused.

He said he had a great time in Toronto. I had a great time in Toronto last time I visited. Where in that statement do you read Andre supporting the team moving to another city? Keep in mind that the whole bit about allegiance and ironclad was the author's interpretation.

I would if, God forbid, the new owner were to move the team.

Thats a choice everyone must make for themselves.

I'm vehemently opposed to the Bills moving as most here are. But if they move, and new management subsequently offers me millions of dollars to go work for them, I'll still take their money.

So, if you could support your family by accepting the offer, you would turn it down.

While this might be possible, it's funny that people who when faced with this reality, almost never react as you think you would.

Supporting ones family does not require me to take this job nor does it for Andre. Hate to say it, but he has plenty of money for his family, if you don't think so your just plain foolish. I've made FAR less money and have far less money then him and I wouldn't do it. I don't need a lot, and generally give most of my money to people I know who are struggling , help out friends, or the Mrs. I hardly ever spend it on myself.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

This is the man's legacy. The franchise would move to Toronto and carry all the history and records, which Reed is a part of. Also, money.

If the hypothetical situation happened, I wouldn't fault any ex-Bill in being involved.

Objection: Assumes facts not in evidence.

I dont think there's a rule requiring this. Just ask the Ravens.