WTF Andre Reed???

MClem06

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am blown away to read that so many "wouldn't fault ex-Bills" if they followed the team to Toronto.

Money be damned, have a little pride and integrity...stand up for the people who have made you a millionaire.

Any ex-Bills player that follows the team to Toronto IF it moves, would be immediately erased from my memory of Buffalo Bills football...they would be dead to me, as would the team.

Kind of funny how many people are spending hard-earned money to go support this guy this weekend...meanwhile he is admitting he would sell-out and spit in the faces of those same people.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

(Hopefully Terry Pegula can prevent this mess, that will undoubtedly happen, if the unforgiving scenario comes to fruition.)

ANY MAN (or woman) WITH ANY SENSE OF PRIDE AND INTEGRITY...DOES NOT SELL-OUT!

That's like saying someone could pay you enough to stop rooting for the Bills, and start rooting for the Patriots...if so, what kind of fan are you? (Not you personally, just fans in general.)

*EDIT: Sorry if this is a little strong...but growing up and becoming a man, I was always reminded to keep my beliefs/morals within view...Andre Reed has failed to do that, in my opinion.

Finally, someone who gets it. I'm with you all the way Bob.

I am blown away to read that so many "wouldn't fault ex-Bills" if they followed the team to Toronto.

Money be damned, have a little pride and integrity...stand up for the people who have made you a millionaire.

Any ex-Bills player that follows the team to Toronto IF it moves, would be immediately erased from my memory of Buffalo Bills football...they would be dead to me, as would the team.

Kind of funny how many people are spending hard-earned money to go support this guy this weekend...meanwhile he is admitting he would sell-out and spit in the faces of those same people.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

(Hopefully Terry Pegula can prevent this mess, that will undoubtedly happen, if the unforgiving scenario comes to fruition.)

ANY MAN (or woman) WITH ANY SENSE OF PRIDE AND INTEGRITY...DOES NOT SELL-OUT!

That's like saying someone could pay you enough to stop rooting for the Bills, and start rooting for the Patriots...if so, what kind of fan are you? (Not you personally, just fans in general.)

*EDIT: Sorry if this is a little strong...but growing up and becoming a man, I was always reminded to keep my beliefs/morals within view...Andre Reed has failed to do that, in my opinion.

As the biggest Reed fan ever, I agree with you 100%. This is a slap in the face my 10 year old self who grew up thinking he was my hero.

I don't blame him but it just serves as a wake up call. These are great people we root for. They are sell outs who will get every penny they can get. Again, I don't blame him. At the same time, I was pissed I couldn't make it to Canton this weekend. Now, I'm glad I'm not going.

And I'm not naive to think other players don't have similar thoughts but dear Lord, how dumb is Reed?

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.

Um Not so sure about that. I remember Jimbo trashing the **** out of BUFFALO before coming here. Crying he was drafted by BUFFALO. Now sure he can say what he wants now, but...

My issue with that statement is that if he's paid enough he'll look past the city losing it's team that made him who he is.

I took it as "You'd have to pay me to support them." In other words, he's not turning his back on Bflo, he's getting Bflo's back.

So he is trashed for telling the truth?

Reed won't be a good politican for sure. He's does lie well enough. He had to be drunk or else he's a moron. Off the record. So freaking dumb.

Um Not so sure about that. I remember Jimbo trashing the **** out of BUFFALO before coming here. Crying he was drafted by BUFFALO. Now sure he can say what he wants now, but...

Yeah, let's not pretend like Jim Kelly was Mr. saint Buffalo.

Face it, this guys will never care about Buffalo or the team as much as fans do. Funny because we just ran Stevie out of town and he was diehard Buffalo.

This is what is wrong with this country and many who live in it. Integrity and morals are not instilled in young people or are for sale in adults. I bet the bank Mr Kelly would NEVER, EVER say or do such a thing. As for paying me to root for the Toronto Bills I don't care what you want to pay me, I'm not for sale. If this report is true, F'em.

You're not for sale because there's no market for you.

I took it as "You'd have to pay me to support them." In other words, he's not turning his back on Bflo, he's getting Bflo's back.

So by taking money to shill for the Bills move tot Toronto, he's "getting Bflo's back"?

That's a strange way to look at it.

Reed won't be a good politican for sure. He's does lie well enough. He had to be drunk or else he's a moron. Off the record. So freaking dumb.

Yeah, let's not pretend like Jim Kelly was Mr. saint Buffalo.

Face it, this guys will never care about Buffalo or the team as much as fans do. Funny because we just ran Stevie out of town and he was diehard Buffalo.

Who's "we"?

Andre Reed comes out and blantantly says "F Bon Jovi"...and the "takeaway" is Reed having a good night out in Toronto one time?

:wacko:

The man literally said: "F Bon Jovi". :lol::wallbash: Hint: um, that is the story. That is the only story that matters, yet we are talking about some irrelevant night out in Toronto?

What the Sam hell is going on here? :blink::lol:

Andre Reed comes out and blantantly says "F Bon Jovi"...and the "takeaway" is Reed having a good night out in Toronto one time?

:wacko:

The man literally said: "F Bon Jovi". :lol::wallbash: Hint: um, that is the story. That is the only story that matters, yet we are talking about some irrelevant night out in Toronto?

What the Sam hell is going on here? :blink::lol:

I think it's more that he would support the Toronto Bills more than anything if they paid him. Reed needs media training.

Again, I don't fault him for getting paid. There's no loyalty both ways. But given the current situation with the Bills, he should have been much much smarter.

So by taking money to shill for the Bills move tot Toronto, he's "getting Bflo's back"?

Another strange way to look at it is twisting Reed's words such that admitting that he wouldn't completely disassociate from the team if they move to Toronto (and the money is right) means that he supports moving the team.

Edited by Jauronimo

Think of a regular guy telling one of his buddies at the bar "You'd have to pay me to drink Genny Cream Ale."

Or did you not infer from the context that he was likely joking while saying it?

So, you see Jim Kelly right now saying he would support the Toronto Bills, if payed enough? I'm not talking about when he was an immature punk kid I'm talking the here and now. I can't see it, but maybe i"m blind. Maybe Andre was joking, but I still can't see Jimbo doing that either.

If you've followed him over the years and really listen, Reed has always been an arrogant prick...but he's OUR arrogant prick so it's okay. In recent times, while he's gunning for the HOF and getting back to his Bills roots, he's become a bit more humble but mostly to gain positive attention imo.

I have no beef w Reed saying that stuff. He is who he is. He also said "F- Bon Jovi" so you gotta like his ability to rebound and get Bills fans back on his side. I'm sure deep down he loves Buffalo and Bills fans and doesn't want to see them bolt town. You can tell how pumped he is for this HOF ceremony weekend.

I read the article and Reed's allegiance to the City of Buffalo, and his desire that the team remain in Buffalo, is pretty clear. All he said, in response to being asked if he would still be part of the franchise IF it moved to Toronto, was. "If they paid me." I'm not so certain it wasn't a tongue in cheek kinda thing. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't bother me all that much. It was a response to the hypothetical situation of the team having already been moved to Toronto - and that the only way he would have any part in the team would be if they paid him.

I'm certainly not going to hold that against a guy that was an integral part of the best team Buffalo ever put on the field.

Think of a regular guy telling one of his buddies at the bar "You'd have to pay me to drink Genny Cream Ale."

Or did you not infer from the context that he was likely joking while saying it?

Personally, for me I would have to get paid a lot to drink Genny Cream Ale.

Even more if its a night before a cross country flight